Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-10-2012, 05:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 97.3/97.3/57.2

Height: 5'2

Default New fat chick on the block!

Hello everyone,

I am Sherry and am new here. I have really been inspired by how much some of the members of this site have achieved and I hope I can be as successful.

I am not good at dieting, I am weak willed and as a great man once said " I can resist anything but temptation". I have tried to do this before and have failed but this time I really want to see it through.

I gave birth to my darling daughter in 2009 just over three months prematurely. I had slightly high blood pressure pre-pregnancy and was being monitored for it, but it was not necessary to take any medication. however at 26 wks into the pregnancy I developed severe pre-eclampsia, bubs and I were both critically Ill but we both made it

Unfortunately the blood pressure has remained high after this episode and I am currently medicated for it quite heavily. If I can lose weight then it could really have a positive effect on my blood pressure. Also, my partner and I are getting married in August 2013 Nd I really want to be able to look at the pictures and not wince!

Sorry about the over indulgent loooooong post but thought I would give a little back ground.

Today I went to the chemist and got weighed on their scales as mine are mot accurate, and I was shocked by the result. The print out reads as follows

Weight 15st 4lb / 97.3kg

Height 5' 3.7" / 1.62m

B.M.I. 37.1

Obviously I was fully dressed and wearing trainers, plus I have my period atm so that may account for a few pounds but I have ALOT of work to do!

I look forward to sharing the ups and downs of weight loss with you all......lets hope there are more downs than ups (with regards what the scales say at least)!!
sherryberry79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:20 PM   #2  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Welcome Sherry! I wish you the very best in improving your health for good!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:25 PM   #3  

Thanks for the welcome Arctic, I can see from your ticker you are doing brilliantly well in your weight loss mission, I hope I can summon up your will power!
Old 07-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #4  

Height: 5'2"

keep coming here, it definitely helps! i don't know if your doctor has any specific program for you, but the majority of people here have done well on simply counting calories. myfitnesspal.com is a website that helps you (and also a phone app)
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #5  
Losing tiny horses

S/C/G: 173/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi Sherry! I'm getting married Sept 1, 2013, so I know what it's like to get your butt in gear to be photo/wedding ready. In addition to myfitnesspal.com, getting a fitbit has worked wonders for me. I'm walking my way to a healthier me by counting calories on fitbit.com. Low carb has also been a blessing.
carbstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #6  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #7  

Hi Valalltogether!

At the moment I am trying to keep things pretty simple, reduce portion sizes and be aware of carbs more.......jeez I just love those pesky carbs!! Trying to cut out the rubbish I used to graze on between meals and replace it with fruit if I am desperate. If I am able to walk somewhere than I am doing, went to my mum's house today and walking there and back was an hours round trip so I am trying to move more. The idea is to walk and get my body used to being more active for a few months, then when the weather gets cold in October time, I will join a gym and start a proper exercise programme. That's the plan so far but I have to admit I am totally making it up as I go along!

Thanks for the tips regarding the apps, I will definately check those out, anything that keeps my motivation up is a good thing! I am off on holiday to Spain in a fortnight so I think things might go a little pear-shaped then, but I will try to be as sensible as I can without denying myself some lovely tapas and Sangria! You're doing great with your weight loss, right on target to ba a 'sexy witch' at halloween!!

Last edited by sherryberry79; 07-10-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #8  

Hi Carbstart - those carbs are so evil but so delicious!! I could not cut them out completely but I can reduce and limit my carb intake. I used to have two slices of bread for brekkie, a sandwich or jacket potato for lunch and then potatoes, rice or pasta as a side to my main meal.......that's a lot of carbs and I have seen the error of my ways! Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage, I think it is a good incentive to stick to the game plan! Thanks for the tip re. fitbit.com, I will take a look!

Lockitup Thankyou for the welcome, everyone here is so friendly