Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 06:26 AM   #1  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Default IP daily chat Tuesday 7/10/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website
Old 07-10-2012, 06:28 AM   #2  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Morning. Ouchy. Had to drink a chocolate shake to take my pain meds. Swelling is. Enter but pain is more. I need a nurse to kiss!
Old 07-10-2012, 06:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Morning. Ouchy. Had to drink a chocolate shake to take my pain meds. Swelling is. Enter but pain is more. I need a nurse to kiss!

Only kisses I could find, hope it helps out some.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:42 AM   #4  
IP started 5.31.12

S/C/G: 220/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

usmc - I'm not a nurse but sending a . take it easy, not too much typing - unless you can handle it one handed.

Good Morning everyone! Hope everyone has a great day. Nothing too new here. Finally back into the swing of things after last weeks power loss, 4th in the middle of the week and a crazy weekend. WI tomorrow...keeping my fingers crossed for onederland!

Last edited by kikig3; 07-10-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Good Morning IPeeps:

Well after not losing anything last week, I finally lost another 2 poounds!
DH has lost 14 pounds the past 2 weeks and has gone from taking 6 pills a day for his diabetes down to 2. His sugars have been staying steady and his blood pressure has been staying at 120/70. So hopefully the next pills to go will be for his blood pressure. My mother started this plans last Tuesday, she lost 6 pounds in one day and then she said that she hasn't lost any more. She said that she is drinking water like crazy but is not getting rid of it like she should. She said she got really discouraged Sunday night and broke down and had a hamburger, but she said she was back at is yesterday. I told her last night to try some hot lemon water, that should flush her out some. And the reason that she may nto have lost anymore is because she lost so much the first day and her body is trying to figure it out or because of the water retention. She has to have both of her knees replaced and they will not do them unitl she loses some weight. So she wanted to give this a try.

I've only been able to pop in every once in awhile, so I have alot of catching up to do. I hope everyone has a gret OP day!!

Hugs and smooches to all!
Old 07-10-2012, 08:22 AM   #6  

Default ugghhhh

I'm on my second day. I'm feeling naseaus and am REALLY tempted to eat something to make it go away I hate feeling like this!!!! Any tricks?

Last edited by guttergirl9; 07-10-2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Morning all- back from our trip to Atlanta, smoothed the kids and grandkids, cooked a whole lot of food(muffins, cheesecake, cookies)and went to a wedding.
Good times! Only cheat all week was a peanutbutter cookie. Should have resisted it, but...that was last week.
WI's are all weird, I missed 1 because of being out of town and the one before that was the WI in the dark with no power at the center. So basically it will be 3 weeks come this Saturday. Think I am at a plateau.
The plan works, I will stick with it! My clothes are getting big and I'm starting to look(at least to me) like the saggy baggy elephant!
Old 07-10-2012, 08:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Not a nurse but sending hugs anyway!!! Keep that hand elevated, iced, and AT REST!!! And don't be a hero!! Take your pain medication. That is what it is for.

Have a good day.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:45 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 179/140/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by guttergirl9 View Post
I'm on my second day. I'm feeling naseaus and am REALLY tempted to eat something to make it go away I hate feeling like this!!!! Any tricks?

When I started I felt nausea but did not want to eat anything cause I kept thinking about all the money I just spent to get started. If you cheat you will regret it, so be strong. Drink LOTS of water, I usually do 1/4 Crystal Light lemondade and the rest water. You can do this!!!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 08:52 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
I felt pretty bad on my second day and just tried to take it easy, drink a lot of water, etc. I got through it, and I am so glad I did. Day 3 was a LOT better, and now on Day 12, I'm feeling fantastic!
Old 07-10-2012, 08:52 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all,
USMCVet,
Thanks for starting the morning thread - especially given your surgery and the pain.

MaMaZu,
Clicked on the link you sent yesterday and I looked at last night and this morning saw a number of new prints, looks like they are putting up their fall prints. Added a new favorite to my list - the Zalda Bis dress in Tiger Eye Red, really special. Next would be the New Jeanne Two in solid navy...

LOL! I love clothes. When these came out, I was too young and poor to even think about buying one.

QUESTION: I never tried one on - are these really wrap dresses (so they fly open)?

Which fabrics do you like?

Last edited by Chloe222; 07-10-2012 at 08:56 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Good morning all,
USMCVet,
Thanks for starting the morning thread - especially given your surgery and the pain.

MaMaZu,
Clicked on the link you sent yesterday and I looked at last night and this morning saw a number of new prints, looks like they are putting up their fall prints. Added a new favorite to my list - the Zalda Bis dress in Tiger Eye Red, really special. Next would be the New Jeanne Two in solid navy...

LOL! I love clothes. When these came out, I was too young and poor to even think about buying one.

QUESTION: I never tried one on - are these really wrap dresses (so they fly open)?

Which fabrics do you like?
They are a true wrap dress, so not something to wear outside on a windy day. fYI, when I was young and poor I had a DVF pattern and made myself several, not out of silk (impractical with 4 kids), but used a crepe de chine and some light cotton fabrics. This time it will be in silk. Some people size up with wrap dresses, going next week to try them on so will keep you posted.
BTW, the price almost makes me sick, but doggone it, I've worked hard for this!
Old 07-10-2012, 09:31 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
BTW, the price almost makes me sick, but doggone it, I've worked hard for this!
Think how much you're saving in IP packets.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Hi Guttergirl, I felt nauseous a few times when I was starting try another packet you may just need a little something more to eat. it will go away.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:03 AM   #15  

Quote:
Oh I'm a nurse!!! Smooch!!!! Take care of that wrist!!!
Closed Thread