PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/173/128

Height: 5'0"

Default Back on BC..

Welp, I gave it my best shot off birth control to try and concieve. I've been off BC since the middle of May. I went from 169 to 179lbs in 1 month of being off the pill.
I went from 210 to 169 while on BC fairly effortlessly eating a 1500 calorie average diet.
The last 3 weeks I have been eating 1200 calories a day diet and today I weigh myself and I am 182 pounds. I am still gaining weight.

So, I give up.. I give in, I am back on birth control. I just have to remember that the best thing I can do right now is stay on BC and lose the weight so I can conceive naturally once I get more weight off.

Whatever the reason is, I simply cannot lose unless I am on BC. Oh, and since being off BC, I have acne all over my neck and body. No doubt my testosterone is high again. While on BC I have clear, beautiful skin.

So, I just took my day 1 pill to day. Can't wait for the acne to clear up and for the weight to start dropping again.
FunSize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 226/211/140

Height: 5"2'

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that, Funsize. It's such a precarious battle line we face isn't it?

Did you return to the same pill or have you changed types?

Hugs!
Thatgirlyouknew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:51 AM   #3  
Fatty-atty-umpkin

Height: 5'4"

I was the same exact way. When I started on BCPs (also with Metformin) I dropped about 50 lbs. My skin was also really clear and healthy. A part of me wants to go back on BCPs, but hubby isn't keen on it since we have also been TTC.
kc82 is offline   Reply With Quote