Old 07-04-2012, 08:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

Default Labor Day Challenge

So figured I would start it .. I think it works out to be 9 weeks .. So my challenge to me will be a few things - to be in "onederland" is the main one -- I will set the number to lose at 10 lbs which brings me into the 190's with a little buffer ..and to take my supplements everyday - But I also challenge myself to a few extra things - to exercise everyday with my hoop (and get better at it lol) and to plan my weekly meals better and shop better. And work up a notebook of shopping lists and menues that I can use for ideas later on .. And my ever on going challenge to drink enough water ... I'm getting much better at this one

Better jump in the shower and get ready to head out today...
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/166/140

Height: 5'7"

I'm going to complete stage one of "The New Rules Of Lifting For Women" before I leave for vacation on August 11th.
ultrapeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/130

Height: 5'9" Age: 19

My goal is to lose 12 lbs, which should put me at 135.
I would also like to finish my RI30 DVD. I'm spending 2 weeks on each workout (there are 4 workouts).
It would also be nice to squeeze into a pair of size 6 jeans.
Ramra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:07 PM   #4  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Thanks Rho for starting the challenge thread.

I'm in. I am keeping my goal manageable because I am away on vacay for two weeks. I managed to lose 4 lbs on the July 4th challenge. I am going to for another five lbs minimum for the LD challenge. My NSV will be to get back to planning and entering all my meals into the app.

Talk to you all when I get back.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 174/156/135

Height: 5'2"

my goal will be to lose 10lbs and to start some new exercises. I am looking into Jillian Michaels 30 day shred so that may be it, but I plan on picking something and following through when I get back from vacation (july 23). Starting weight is 141.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited by gapeach; 07-05-2012 at 11:41 AM.
gapeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:40 PM   #6  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hiya Challengers - and thanks always to rho for starting us up and keeping us going!

Caught up on the last few pages of July (so sorry to read the tragedy for your friends steph, anabee and i having similar issues and praying for good news for your Mom gapeach-- to all!)

Not sure of my goal yet - I have primarily been maintaining my original 23-25lb loss but still cannot maintain Atkins when stressed and/or exhausted. I've got some ideas in place the last couple of days that are working so far but will be checking out anabee's book recommendation (hope on audio) and also picking up some diff meds in the morning - both hopefully will help me change this up!

Good luck All . . . want to catch all the way up and also get some clarity somewhere before posting lol . . . I do know I need to spend 99% of this Challenge in Induction.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #7  

Ugh - so not a good sign when my living room is 86F at 9 am
So glad I'm getting my groceries delivered today instead of going to the store fighting the crowds and the heat today.

Going to go thru some more old clothes today - I fount OLD OLD shorts and tops last time that I can wear now - some are a bit big but I don't go out in them so it will be ok - I'm talking shoulder pad old btw ... Hoping to get rid of most of the rest and maybe have a few more things that will get me thru the summer ...

I will get a hooping session in for 5 minutes this morning before it gets too hot in the house or outside ... It won't be as much as I want to do daily but I also want to be sensible in this heat.

Aud if you think it would help post daily even if it is a NSV for the day ... Or a struggle you had ... Remember this month can be a challenge of getting thru a meal or a day on plan, doing exercise, weight loss, anything ...

Sometimes staying the same during stress can be a huge victory for us... So for everyone going thru major stress now that can be your goal for right now too. I don't think we are here just to lose - if this is to be for life we need to be able to just maintain in times that are hard ... And if we do gain to be here posting so we can get back in the groove when the time comes is important too.

If its possible maybe try to make it so you do all day on plan then one meal off plan and make sure that the one meal doesn't last more than 45 minutes or an hour .. I remember reading a plan years ago (looked it up and it was the Carb Addicts diet) that you can still lose and maintain if you do that... So if anyone is going thru major stress and feels the need for reward meals with carbs that could be a way to try to contain the cravings at least - and knowing that meal is coming could help you hold off till then - I think they did say make it dinner every day ...

Ok better go throw some laundry in before it gets worse in here and do my hooping ...

Last edited by rho1640; 07-07-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #8  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

Count me in
My goal by Labor Day is to lose 20 pounds, and to complete at least 1 form of exercise per day.
Good luck to everyone, I hope we all surpass our own expectations!
Start weight:260

Last edited by TiffNeedsChange; 07-13-2012 at 11:04 PM.
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:44 PM   #9  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

You've inspired me to get rid of a LOT of "stuff" since meeting on here rho . . . it's so freeing! (Is that a word?) It IS literally like having a weight lifted . . besides my own clutter/hoard/thrifty nature, I made it down to the old farmhouse and barns of several generations' accumulations and made a HUGE dent in the mess. On one hand I hate the vandals with the fire of a 1000 suns for their senseless destruction . . . but then again, it forced me into action . . . so there is that, I guess lol Just like the a&e hoarders show, i kept some containers of "priceless" nostalgic things (Mom's wedding dress/"class" book/Dad's WWII and work stuff etc) and have the place ready to burn to the ground (practice for the local fire dept) That day will really be an NSV lol . . . we've got the well dug and ready to build our retirement home in the next few years on the property. Researching this idea:

http://www.makingthishome.com/2009/0...use-in-a-silo/

Isn't that cool? The bottom pic actually looks like where we are building

I'm really @ 234# now--was 238 when I posted but knew that was bloat so din't count it . . . I think I could lose 45#'s in 9 weeks but going to go with 40# goal . . . which would put me in the ONE's Maintaining since March has been good practice, but enough is enough.

Read some sample chapters of the book anabee was talking about and the info already struck a chord . . . similar to a book I read in my 20's about panic disorder, which helped me all these years. Same principle about binge eating urges > when you stop reacting to them, the brain stops sending the impulse > in a nutshell. Food for thought . . ba da da da!

okokok...enough babbling right? Made the bike trail after 9pm (my night shift butt had to get a light for my bike or I'd NEVER go lol) Works out in this heat tho--106 today here in MO--cool by the river and high winds kept the bugs out of my face.

No rain

Hope everyone is doing good--cya late tomorrow!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:40 AM   #10  

Wow Aud you are incredible - I can't imagine working that hard in that heat. I got my clothes up on the bed and did a few .. I did two loads of laundry, made broccoli salad that was yummy! Made jello fluff that was yummy, cleaned the kitchen a bit and melted most of the rest of the day and it was only in the 90's here ... Today I hit the old clothes before hubs gets back tonight and needs his side of the bed

I also need to get up and cook some chicken wings before the temps rise ... And do my hooping before the house gets too hot. Yesterday I did 5 minutes in the morning and 5 at night - I'm doing good going in my dominant direction so I started working on going in the other direction - I figure when is better to learn than when it is all awkward to do.

Aud I LOVE the silo house. Will you use foam insulation in it? I have to go read the guys old blog who made it .. Will you have a wood stove for winter! And the in floor heating for when you aren't using the stove... Can you tell I dream about a perfect home at night when I can't sleep. I go from a white cottage near the water to renovating an old potato barn into a house .. Choices come from living on an island and in a big potato farming area lol.

Vandals should rot in **** after the torture of cleaning everything first with a toothbrush and tweezers.

Hubs is a volunteer fireman - people donating places for them to train like that is a huge help. They learn a lot from it.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 251/see ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

I am in for Labor Day Challenge.
CW 194.7
GW 185

Good luck to all
Summer2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:07 AM   #12  

WHOO HOO it's cooler and only supposed to go up to 82 today! I swear even my coffee tastes better today

So how long before the boobs start firming up - if I hoop braless they get in the way .. And I need to hold them up (isn't that a funny image) ... And I realized that - ya know how you get flappy upper arms after losing a lot - I also have flappy upper legs too ... I keep telling myself to keep moisturized and maybe it will help cause I sure will never be able to have surgery for extra skin. Actually I'm a half sleeve long pants person anyway so it won't be too bad but figured i would start everyones week off with a laugh
Old 07-09-2012, 02:13 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

My goal is 20 plus for labor day! I am adding p90x to my 1hr gym work out (making the mostly cardio) and training for a run in AUG. I have been struggling and I am going to bust arse! Good luck to everyone!!
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 180/166/140

Height: 5'7"

I have gone to the gym and lifted weights 2˝ times now, but I swear I already feel fitter. Unless I slow waaay down on the weight loss, I should be at my goal weight by labor day.
ultrapeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #15  

I am so loving my hooping exercise - I just went outside and did 20 minutes in the shade in my back yard ... I still suck and can only do actual Hoola hoop but I am trying to learn to go also go in the opposite direction and today I managed to put my hand inside the hoop while it was rotating lol. Baby steps .. I will go out again later and do some more - I bet as my stomach turns into more of an flat stomach it will get easier heheheh

Need to make more Jello fluff ... What flavor to try this time - maybe lemon and also lime? And tonight will be chicken breasts but haven't decided on a recipe and some fresh string beans I'm thinking of doing a par boil then sauté them in some bacon grease to finish them up .. And a little fresh beet that I roasted up yesterday - they are incredible this year so glad hubs saw them and picked them up at the farm stand ...

Brooklyn you are going to rock it! And Ultrapeaches yay ... We all need to remember as we get fitter that initially weight loss can slow as our muscles start to build and not be discouraged - but most likely things will firm up and inches will decrease so be sure to find something snug to keep trying on.