Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 07:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Default IP Daily Chat Weekend 7/7-8/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 07-07-2012, 07:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/182/150

Height: 5' 3"

Everyone stay cool and have a nice IP weekend . Nancy
Old 07-07-2012, 07:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning everyone! Hope you have a great weekend planned. I have a TMI question - after almost 20 weeks of this, I finally have had the big C catch up with me - I had been going fine - but not this week. I also have changed my packets a bit this week - added more of the puddings - less chocolate shake mix - do you think that could have caused the problem? Anyone have suggestions on how they get things "moving" again? Thanks!
Old 07-07-2012, 07:54 AM   #4  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
Good morning everyone! Hope you have a great weekend planned. I have a TMI question - after almost 20 weeks of this, I finally have had the big C catch up with me - I had been going fine - but not this week. I also have changed my packets a bit this week - added more of the puddings - less chocolate shake mix - do you think that could have caused the problem? Anyone have suggestions on how they get things "moving" again? Thanks!
Miralax worked for me. I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. It isn't an instant fix, but it works in a day or so. You can add it to your daily routine to keep things moving.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:57 AM   #5  

Default Sudden fatigue

Good morning all!
The heat wave remains oppressive here in the US - so all, again, be careful, drink plenty of water.

There has been some talk about lack of energy on this program in the last 2 days. In one case from yesterday's thread, someone left the program after 1 month because she was exhausted but didn't fully explain the extent of her problem to her coach. So, please, if you are in this position, TALK TO YOUR COACH and EXPLAIN FULLY what you are feeling. They might have the answer for you.

Somewhat different perhaps, I get a sudden, overwhelming need to shut my eyes, to nap on occasion (happens 3-4 times a week). This has happened BEFORE STARTING IP and happens still. It happens before I eat, after I eat, 3 hours after a good night's sleep...so no discernible pattern.

I started taking liquid B12 drops (a common energy fix) 2 weeks ago, and this still happens. I will keep experimenting and advise if and when I find something that works. Granted, we are all different, so what works for me may not work for anyone else. My husband is a diabetic and has an old glucose meter he's no longer using which I am going to start using when this happens. We also have a blood pressure kit so will also use that when this happens to better understand it.

I drink extra water, watch my salt, etc.

Anyway, wishing all a great day! Stay OP!
Old 07-07-2012, 08:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 264.5/185.3/150

Height: 5'1"

I am very nervous for weigh in today, I will most likely gain. I am thinking it might be due to a lack of water. I was told by my clinic not to drink more than 10glasses of water a day, but I am very thirsty with all of this heat. I want more water! I think this week I will go by my thirst, rather than their rule, since I see many of you drink far more than ten glasses of water a day.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:03 AM   #7  

Re constipation, some common things done by IPeeps are:
Miralax, Dulcolax, Magnesium Citrate, psyllium husk, Novalax (from IP, available from your coach)

I've used all of these and all work for a little while and then, in my case, stop working. Right now I'm using PGx (google and I had to buy mine online) and it's working. For how long? We'll see.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:47 AM   #8  
Started IP Jan 14/12

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I'm so excited this morning: the woosh fairy came and took 3 pounds last night that makes me almost half way through the 190's.... I can see the 180's up ahead.... this has been an awesome week

I hope you all have a great OP weekend!
Old 07-07-2012, 08:51 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Good morning all!
The heat wave remains oppressive here in the US - so all, again, be careful, drink plenty of water.

There has been some talk about lack of energy on this program in the last 2 days. In one case from yesterday's thread, someone left the program after 1 month because she was exhausted but didn't fully explain the extent of her problem to her coach. So, please, if you are in this position, TALK TO YOUR COACH and EXPLAIN FULLY what you are feeling. They might have the answer for you.

Somewhat different perhaps, I get a sudden, overwhelming need to shut my eyes, to nap on occasion (happens 3-4 times a week). This has happened BEFORE STARTING IP and happens still. It happens before I eat, after I eat, 3 hours after a good night's sleep...so no discernible pattern.

I started taking liquid B12 drops (a common energy fix) 2 weeks ago, and this still happens. I will keep experimenting and advise if and when I find something that works. Granted, we are all different, so what works for me may not work for anyone else. My husband is a diabetic and has an old glucose meter he's no longer using which I am going to start using when this happens. We also have a blood pressure kit so will also use that when this happens to better understand it.

I drink extra water, watch my salt, etc.

Anyway, wishing all a great day! Stay OP!
1. Have you been checked for a chronic sllep apnea?
2. I was shocked when I was diagnosed with chronic sleep apnea.
3. If there is any doubt get the study done.
4. Sleep apnea is a horrible thing and completely affects every organ in your
body.
5. Sleep apnea is very easy to treat!
6. Sleep apnea is linked to obesity, if left untreated.
7. Before diagnosed and treated, I had your symptoms!

The symptoms you are describing sound like Narcolepsy to me. There is medication out there for that, in addition to the sleep apnea treatment.

Good luck. My symptoms and need for treatment disappeared after losing quite a bit of weight.

Last edited by NewPath; 07-07-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:56 AM   #10  
Joined IP 6-26-12

Height: 4' 10"

Good morning! On my 2nd week and doing great. Finding all the great recipes on this site has given me a new outlook. I definitely will try some and try some veggies I have never eaten before.... Thanks
Old 07-07-2012, 08:57 AM   #11  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynRose View Post
I am very nervous for weigh in today, I will most likely gain. I am thinking it might be due to a lack of water. I was told by my clinic not to drink more than 10glasses of water a day, but I am very thirsty with all of this heat. I want more water! I think this week I will go by my thirst, rather than their rule, since I see many of you drink far more than ten glasses of water a day.
If you are thirsty you need to drink water. Drinking water will not make you retain water. Not having enough or very salty foods may get you to retain. We should never get to the point where we are thirsty. We all need to drink before we are thirsty. Where the heck did they pull the ten glassses of water as a max from???? I hope that is not a blanket statment. Water is 0/0/0 drink as much as you want and need. Ten glasses would not be enough for me. I usually have a gallon a day and close to two gallons a day when it's really hot. I drink powerade zero and need to limit that because it makes me retain water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernfawn View Post
I'm so excited this morning: the woosh fairy came and took 3 pounds last night that makes me almost half way through the 190's.... I can see the 180's up ahead.... this has been an awesome week

I hope you all have a great OP weekend!
Old 07-07-2012, 08:58 AM   #12  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning! Finally a break in the heat here in northern MI! YaY! And we got a bit of rain overnight, with more predicted today. The brown lawn will appreciate that. And maybe I'll get some housework done now. The old window A/C unit just couldn't keep up with the heat/humidity.

I too have been struggling with C on/off, though it isn't severe. Are all (or most of) the products listed above available OTC?

Make it a good OP day everyone!

Cindy
Old 07-07-2012, 09:14 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 264.5/185.3/150

Height: 5'1"

I just got back from my weigh-in and I lost 1.1 pounds which is good. I talked to my coach, and asked her if I could drink more than 80 ounces since I am so thirsty, and she said no, absolutely not. I don't think I will follow her advice.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #14  

Default Water

Is your coach an MD? If you feel thirsty your body is telling you it needs to be hydrated.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 141/141/125

Height: 5 foot 8.5 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynRose View Post
I just got back from my weigh-in and I lost 1.1 pounds which is good. I talked to my coach, and asked her if I could drink more than 80 ounces since I am so thirsty, and she said no, absolutely not. I don't think I will follow her advice.
You should really ask her to explain why.... I don't like drinking a lot of water, but I drink at least a gallon if not more everyday. It's helped my weight loss tremendously.

I've NEVER heard of anyone saying you can drink too much water with one exception - a guy here just died because he drank too much water BUT it was because he wasn't replenishing his electrolytes. He was on a multiple day canoeing race thing, and was just downing water without any salt or anything else to help his body retain some of it.

With that one exception, there seems to be no reason why she'd say you have to stay under a certain amount of glasses a day. Without an explanation, she doesn't sound very knowledgeable....
Closed Thread