Old 07-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #1  

Default Starting MRC Tuesday

I have been reading the posts on here and have scheduled my consultation! I am currently at 203 lbs and looking to lose about 70 lbs. I have seen the rules and stuff on how to eat but what exactly CAN we eat on this diet?

Would love more info before I jump in head first!

Alicia
txmomma79567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189.5 / 145.5 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Default Lots of veggies

I'm sure there are a lot more experienced MRC'ers here, since I've only been on the program for 19 days. But here's my 2 cents: Veggies, protein, some carbs and some fruits. I love salad, so my lunches are just wonderful. The first 4 days were a bit rough, but boy did I down the water.

Good luck to you at your consultation!

Ruthie
rwquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #3  

Question

Thanks for the info..kinda nervous though. i love veggies and fruit, just worried i wont be able to handle not having my sweet tea...haha
Old 07-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #4  

txmomma, you really need to stick with water, but you will be able to have sweet tea - just sweetened with artificial sweetener. Also, you will need the decaf kind. I fix it quite a bit, and we have come to like it a lot. Don't worry about not having enough to eat. There are tons of food choices. I have learned to grill and bake talipia, which was a big change from fried catfish!
JodiH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:48 PM   #5  

JodiH, Thanks for the encouragement. It is nice to know that I will have more of a selection. I have a sister in law and her mother that are on MRC, but they seem to think i will be on a different meal plan so im trying to get an idea of just what to expect. I am not gonna have a problem with drinking water. It has been so hot here in tx. that i drink twice to required amount. Crystal light is another good buddy of mine for now! I love the margarita flavor. I love to mix it and put it in the freezer. when it is slush, take it out and treat myself to a virgin margarita! Im not big on sea food, like catfish, but i will eat it if i have to..maybe seeing other ways to prepare it other than fried will help me come to like it. How are the recipes in the cookbook if anyone has bought one?
Old 07-08-2012, 10:56 PM   #6  

A friend bought the cook book and used it at the first, but doesn't use it much now. I did not buy the book, but have used recipes that are one here and that my center gives me. I also have just tweeked my regular recipes and I think it works best for me. That way I feel like I am getting my regular foods.
JodiH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 314/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

just so you know you can have crystal light but you must get at least 64 ounces of plain water with nothing added to it a day, We have been baking our fish I bake it at 350 seasoned with some braggs aminos, fat free zesty italian dressing, & Mrs. Dash chicken seasoning & table blend. yummy! bake it for about 10 minutes per inch thick of fish until the fish flakes easily with a fork, even my kids are enjoying fish more. I didn't get the cookbook but there is a lot of recipes posted here. I like the virgin slushy drinks idea I will have to try that when we are drinking so I don't feel left out and hopefully will be less tempted. good luck
aw82797 is offline   Reply With Quote