Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 07-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #1  

Lightbulb Anyone tried "shapewear"?

Wasn't quite sure where to post this but i've been kind of eyeing some shapewear as i'm near my goal but my problem area continues to be my entire torso, some of it i am sure is loose skin and complicated by weak abdominal muscles.

I really have my eye on the Squeem which has great reviews, because from what i understand ~over time~ it can really help posture and the ab muscles much more than the average shapewear (of course it cannot replace ab work, exercise) but it's basically a corset, i may just purchase to see if it indeed helps me in that area (been newly active w/exercise for a year after coming off 15 yr exercise hiatus due to CFS/Fibro and my muscles needless to say are needing all the help they can get)
but i am wondering if Kohls or Target has a brand name or something similiar that really helps kind of iron out that muffin top, so to speak? I prefer something that has an open bra so it doesn't flatten the girls but i will investigate any suggestions!
i am hoping at some point my torso will start responding! The area i hate especially is interestingly not my lower ab area but mostly around my belly button, i have a bulge above and below it and would really like to hold that in!
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 184/173.9/145

Height: 5'2"

I got my shapewear at JC Penny's... I only wear it for special occasions (ie, when I need to wear a nice dress). Otherwise it seems a little suffocating and a pain in the butt to go to the restroom in! So I recommend getting one with snaps down there!
Unfortunately I don't know the name brand off-hand, and I'm on vacation right now so I can't check! Happy shopping.
ELBS717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 182.1/ticker/130

Height: 5'6''

I got Spandex at Marshalls and it is really great! I do admit, it is kind of hard to go to the bathroom but I guess beauty does not come easy!
Colliea21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #4  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I've never heard of Squeem, but I do wear Spanx a lot. My belly is my problem area, too - I still have a pretty big bulge above and below my waist. I like the Higher Power - shorts that come all the way up to your bra. I mostly wear those under skirts and dresses. They also have a Higher Power brief if you don't need the thigh slimming. Both are around $35. They also have open bust camisoles, and high-waisted shorts and panties that are more powerful (and more expensive).
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #5  
Jigglypuff

S/C/G: 310/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

I am also a fan of the high-waisted shapewear. They cover a good area, and going to the bathroom doesn't turn into a military operation!
Burg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:41 AM   #6  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Haha - Yes I tried some last year from Sears for my cousins wedding. What a mistake! The control-top-panty-shorts or what ever that torture device was called kept rolling down and formed a big and very tight roll around my midriff. So here I imagined myself all sophisticated and smooth looking when in fact I was hot, uncomfortable and kept fidgeting rather than having a good time. My husband kept asking me if I was okay and I had to tell him. We laughed about it. Next time - to **** with it! If I'm a bit overweight too bad for me. I'll buy something that fits me a bit better. Anyways I wouldn't use it again obviously but I know other people like it and swear by it.

Last edited by greeneggsandtam; 07-12-2012 at 10:42 AM.
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:54 AM   #7  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I love the Fat Free Dressing tanks by Flexees! I still have a bit of loose skin around my middle and they hold everything in nicely. I just tuck them into my pants/shorts.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 350/180/180 (surgery recovery)

Height: 5'9"

Walmart has a great slimmer by sweet nothings. The one I get is like a swimsuit that snaps in the crotch and has an open bra so I can wear my own. $18. I wear one almost all the time due to loose skin on my upper and lower stomachs. My old stretched out ones are worn to the gym, and my new good ones are for work. When a strap breaks or the back rips, I get a new one (hopefully a size smaller!)

Last edited by ikesgirl80; 08-03-2012 at 04:10 PM.
ikesgirl80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:53 AM   #9  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I don't know if it's really "shapewear" but I do wear the mid-thigh bike-short type of stuff (mostly Hanes or something similar... never anything over $20) when wearing skirts/dresses in the summer time. Mostly because I hate when my thighs rub together, and they always do unless I'm 110 lb... which, let's face it, ain't gonna happen!!

During the winter, I like the ankle length legging-type. Warm... and comfy. And they do kinda smooth out my poochy tummy & flabby buttocks. Heh.

Last edited by Beach Patrol; 08-04-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: SW 265/ CW 180/ GW 150

Height: 5'9"

Check out Target- they have a line called Assets. Not too expensive and they have singles, tops, bottoms, panties etc.. They aren't too tight and they are great while you are firming up those little trouble areas. You can still breath and look so cute in your jeans and a form fitting tee shirt with no muffin top or bra rolls! Spanx is also a great line, they are a step up in price from Assets but made by the same company.
DivaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #11  
Not settling this time

S/C/G: HW/CW/GW 278/149/130

Height: 5'3

I love Spanx "open bust slip" or "high waisted brief" (not the ones that hug the thighs) for my very fitted dresses and pencil skirts. It really gives me a narrower waist and firmer butt and creates smooth lines. Spanx usually come in sizes from XS (size 0) to XL (size 16).
Prim2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:13 PM   #12  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Actually, many Spanx products go up to size 3X, or hosiery size G.

My old size F power panties are super comfy now!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:13 PM   #13  
Delectable Inside + Out

S/C/G: 163.3/132.8/100

Height: 5'00

I've tried shapewear, and even before having gained an excess amount of weight. I thought it shaped me funny.. I tried it again after I got pregnant, while I waited for my body bloat to go down, and other than being uncomfortable (I had a cesarean too) it didn't seem to do much. I can't remember the brand that I used both times. But they weren't the same. Not sure if I'll look into trying Spanx or some of the others mentioned but I suppose if I'm attending an event where I need to wear a snug gown - I may go for it.
Pudgebrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:33 PM   #14  
Lisa Bean

S/C/G: 231/217/160

Try Jc Penneys I had luck there!
Lisabean is offline   Reply With Quote