Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-04-2012, 03:45 AM   #1  
I'm wide awake

S/C/G: 202/184/126

Height: 5FT

Unhappy put on 3 pounds after a binge

I'am so fed up, I was fed up at the weekend, I was fed up yesterday and im even more fed up today. I had a binge yesterday, it was compelty out of the blue. I was tired and stressed and before I even recgonised my emotions I had chomped down a snickers, ice cream, a ham sandwich and a bag of crisps (in that order) and later on in the day a load of toast. I feel disgusted with myself for being such a fat greedy pig. I had my treat meal for the week which was last friday. Yesterday I weighed myself and I weighed 185lbs. Today I weigh 188lbs. I have had a ankle injury recently and it has got better but overdone it at the gym on monday and now it's really painful so no gym for me today

How can I have gained three pounds overnight? I WANT to do this, I want to be healthy and slim and live a long life. I just feel like all my enthusisam has gone and all I want to do is go to bed and sleep.
skinnypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

You didn't gain there pounds overnight, you retained some extra water after overeating. You probably only gained about a pound of fat. And you're not a fat greedy pig, you're simply one of millions of humans struggling with a compulsion to overeat (raising hand here).

I do think you might benefit from questioning this premise: "Before I had even recognized my emotions, I had chomped down...." The reality is that you knew what you were doing at every point in time (bingeing) and chose to continue doing it because it was serving your immediate purposes (soothing you). Nothing intrinsically wrong with that choice, but if you want to make other choices it would probably be helpful to acknowledge that the control lies in your hands, not in the hands of some alien being.

HTH Freelance
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

Well I have two news for you, one is bad and one is good.

The bad news: you can not lose weight overnight.
The good news: you can not gain weight overnight.

The major day-to-day fluctuations are most likely caused my water retention. If you binged yesterday, eat sensibly today and tomorrow and weight yourself again. I promise you most of the extra 3 pounds will be gone.

I had a bad week (three birthday parties and major stress at home) and I gained 4 pounds. In five days of normal (not diet!) eating, four of them were gone. Phew! Now back to diet, and I want to see some progress!
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:26 AM   #4  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

The other posters mentioned water weight, but let's not forget that the FOOD weighs in too. When you eat more than normal the food adds to your weight—but not fat weight.

Get right back on track and it will go away after a while!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:55 AM   #5  
I'm wide awake

Thanks for your replys guys. Well im feeling a bit better since I posted. It felt good I think just to get it all out. Im back on track with the diet today and hopefully with the exercise the end of the week once my ankle feels better. I'am trying to drink lots and lots of water today to flush it all through. x
Old 07-04-2012, 06:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: HW160/SW 156/CW125/GW120ish

Height: 5'2"

When I have an off plan meal/day, the scale will go up significantly for a day or two, but then drop down and be maybe 1lb up until I work off the extra calories. It's the extra water weight and food in the intestines.
Only Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 205/188/140

Height: 5' 4"

When I eat ham, I am almost always up a couple of pounds the next day.
It's very salty. I've noticed that with two or three different foods. It's pretty consistent for me.
Chips are also quite salty.

Hang in there!

Last edited by tea2; 07-06-2012 at 04:36 AM.
tea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:47 AM   #8  
I'm wide awake

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancemomma View Post
it would probably be helpful to acknowledge that the control lies in your hands, not in the hands of some alien being.

HTH Freelance
What I meant was, I wasn't thinking straight when I binged. If I had taken time to step back I wouldnt have done it. I know 100% the power and the control lies in my hands, not an ailen being as you suggested and I'am 100% responsible for my actions. All I meant was, was that I'am still struggling to get to grips with the emotions - stress, anxiety that cause me to binge.

SONTAKILE - I have had a look at your weight loss blog and I find your story so inspirational. You look fantastic and you really do inspire me.

Well I'am pleased to report I have lost them three pounds PLUS another two so I'am so happy. You were all right, just water weight. I have also been eating more protein in my diet and cut out the bread and it has made a big difference and I feel great and much less bloated.