Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 05:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 07/02/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by rissimo; 07-02-2012 at 05:10 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:42 AM   #2  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Happy Monday Everybody

Just popping in to wish everyone a great week.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all!

Cadu,
I've missed you! But I understand the need to get things done other than read 3FatChicks and hang out with all the IPeeps all day - although it's my favorite thing to do.

Newmom,
I understand your anxiety over phase 4. I'm sure you've scoured the Maintenance thread, I'm on there daily as I want to be totally prepared before I get there.

My experience with a 4 week phase off (2 weeks phase 2, 2 weeks phase 3) before I went on a food and wine tour in May was that this can work so easily. I really think it was the careful and longish phase off. When on that vacation, I had 2 wine tastings/day plus a lot of wine with dinner, dessert every night, lots of bread and butter (this was in Europe where the bread is worth eating), and often 2 breakfasts since I was up a couple of hours before most...Only gained 3.2 pounds which came off the first week.

I've already purchased some low carb cookbooks and am thinking about sources for low carb ingredients and those recipes from IP I want to keep using in phase 4...

Just thought I'd share my tidbit of experience. You'll do really well, especially since you are now an IP coach and are surrounded by all that positive influence constantly. And, of course, we're here for you!

Everyone,
Stay cool as this heat wave is relentless. Stay OP!
Old 07-02-2012, 06:44 AM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

'Morning folks. I am looking forward to my WI tomorrow.

Going to take some frequent customers of mine out on the reservoir so their kids can tube today. Hopefully it warms up quickly out there.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 218.6/150.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning All!!!

Do you think it's a good idea to donate blood while on IP? Not sure I have read anything about that.

Betsy
Old 07-02-2012, 07:12 AM   #6  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all,

Up early even though on vacation. We're going to look at another classic car. Pretty close to a 4 hour drive. If we get this one, it will stay up here at the cottage. Then we'll have something cool up here to cruise around in.

I am taking a bar for my lunch protein. Hope to find a salad for lunch then. I should be set.

Did not bring a scale up here with me, so I will miss two weigh ins. Sure hope it will be a big one in a couple more weeks.

Have not been able to even check in here since dial up is so slow during the day, plus doing lots of fun things outside.

Take care, be good, stay 100% OP

Molly
Old 07-02-2012, 07:15 AM   #7  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Good morning all!

My experience with a 4 week phase off (2 weeks phase 2, 2 weeks phase 3) before I went on a food and wine tour in May was that this can work so easily. I really think it was the careful and longish phase off. When on that vacation, I had 2 wine tastings/day plus a lot of wine with dinner, dessert every night, lots of bread and butter (this was in Europe where the bread is worth eating), and often 2 breakfasts since I was up a couple of hours before most...Only gained 3.2 pounds which came off the first week.
I find it really reassuring that you were able to handle the vacation phase out so well, and get back on track again to finish off to your goal. It's certainly encouraging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorfinn View Post

Going to take some frequent customers of mine out on the reservoir so their kids can tube today. Hopefully it warms up quickly out there.
Have a great day! Sounds like lots of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Happy Monday Everybody

Just popping in to wish everyone a great week.
You too Cadu - You've been missed.

Thx for opening today's Chat rissimo.

I woke up wide awake at 5AM ! For several days it's been 7AM.... now today even earlier. This early bird stuff is totally unlike me. I certainly hope that this isn't a new trend, because I don't want to get up this early regularly!

My TO Hq decided to tack on a few extra holiday days to the Canada Day weekend and close this week, as historically it's always proved to be a really slow sales week. I'm all for it - looking forward to having the whole week off to just 'do my thing' and relax.

Looks like we're heading into a pretty hot, humid week here... that makes it especially nice to be able to just relax.

Everyone have a great day - and keep it OP. Cheers for now.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:48 AM   #8  
Start IP 6/25/12

S/C/G: 242.8/230.4/150

Height: 5'7"

Morning All! Was a rough weekend for me....

Shakin' it off and starting fresh this morning.

I wish old habits didn't take so long to die.

And I wish I had made time to come here; it would have helped!

~phoenix~
Old 07-02-2012, 07:51 AM   #9  
Started IP Jan 14/12

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone, I've been away from the boards for the last couple of weeks and until now I didn't realize how much I actually depend on being able to come here for support. So a great big thank-you to all of you who post daily... so 2 weeks away and down 1 lb, I'm feeling good about that and I'm officially in ONDERLAND!!!! feels really good starting the summer challenge under 200 lbs... have a great OP day everyone
Old 07-02-2012, 08:02 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorfinn View Post

That sounds delightful, for you, your customers, and kids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Good morning all,

Up early even though on vacation. We're going to look at another classic car. Pretty close to a 4 hour drive. If we get this one, it will stay up here at the cottage. Then we'll have something cool up here to cruise around in.

I am taking a bar for my lunch protein. Hope to find a salad for lunch then. I should be set.

Did not bring a scale up here with me, so I will miss two weigh ins. Sure hope it will be a big one in a couple more weeks.

Have not been able to even check in here since dial up is so slow during the day, plus doing lots of fun things outside.

Take care, be good, stay 100% OP

Molly
How fun to have some cool wheels for the cottage!

Enjoy your car hunting and we'll look forward to hearing from you whenever you can, knowing you're on vacation. Enjoy your time at the lake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRisingAgain View Post
Morning All! Was a rough weekend for me....

Shakin' it off and starting fresh this morning.

I wish old habits didn't take so long to die.

And I wish I had made time to come here; it would have helped!

~phoenix~
You're smart, just start fresh today and feel good about being OP today. And maybe drink a little extra water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernfawn View Post
Good morning everyone, I've been away from the boards for the last couple of weeks and until now I didn't realize how much I actually depend on being able to come here for support. So a great big thank-you to all of you who post daily... so 2 weeks away and down 1 lb, I'm feeling good about that and I'm officially in ONDERLAND!!!! feels really good starting the summer challenge under 200 lbs... have a great OP day everyone
Congrats on reaching ONEDERLAND!!
Old 07-02-2012, 08:14 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Morning Peeps,

Already thankful for all the great support and encouragement here. We had bad storms a few days ago, the clinic power was out, so the WI was in a dark room. Looks like 0 lost this week. Coach assistant thinks it is because I swam laps twice. Anyway, we are going out of town for a week starting tomorrow, and I could not buy food, because there was no power. I'm going to check with a couple other clinics that may have power, so I can get supplies. After the no loss, then running out of food, it has me a little discouraged and panicked. I should be able to fix things by this evening, or order good alternatives and have them shipped to Atlanta. Or maybe there is a clinic in the Atlanta area. Who knows! Guess the problem seems smaller as I am thinking it out...thanks!
Old 07-02-2012, 08:15 AM   #12  
First Day IP 31 May 2012

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone.

I woke up with a summer cold this morning. Stuffy nose, burning throat, earache, and fever. Nyquil is usually my go-to, but I'm concerned about the sugar and alcohol content. What is appropriate for IP use?
Old 07-02-2012, 08:19 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Good morning all! Finally back at home after 2 weeks of being away - the last week was in Florida - had a TON of NSV's while I was there! Stayed OP the whole time, went to Aquatica water park and could participate (and DID) on each water slide because I wasn't over the weight limit! Fit into an adult MEDIUM life jacket, walked by a window and saw a reflection but didn't realize it was MINE, fit comfortably in the airplane seat and could easily buckle my seat belt! These all may seem like silly small things - but for me - they were BIG! WI today - will officially break into One-derland!

Hope you all have terrific days ahead of you!!
Old 07-02-2012, 08:21 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Morning Peeps,

Already thankful for all the great support and encouragement here. We had bad storms a few days ago, the clinic power was out, so the WI was in a dark room. Looks like 0 lost this week. Coach assistant thinks it is because I swam laps twice. Anyway, we are going out of town for a week starting tomorrow, and I could not buy food, because there was no power. I'm going to check with a couple other clinics that may have power, so I can get supplies. After the no loss, then running out of food, it has me a little discouraged and panicked. I should be able to fix things by this evening, or order good alternatives and have them shipped to Atlanta. Or maybe there is a clinic in the Atlanta area. Who knows! Guess the problem seems smaller as I am thinking it out...thanks!
Where in VA are you? My clinic is in Rockville, MD and I know they have power. I can't believe your clinic didn't just give you the food and bill you later! If you need details, it's Body Tech in Rockville, MD - explain your situation and I'm sure they will help. Good luck!
Old 07-02-2012, 08:25 AM   #15  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning IP Peeps!

It's hard to get started this morning. I didnt really get to sleep that well last night, I seen every hour on the clock, tossing and turning all night, just until my alarm was about to go off I finally fell asleep! I snoozed twice but still made it to work on time.

I'm happy for the 2 days of work then being off on Wednesday. It kinda splits of the week.

My week 1 official WI is tomorrow. I am a little excited (ok maybe not just a little, alot). I know its not going to be a typical weight loss being its mostly fluid, but hey its a start.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!!
Closed Thread