Old 06-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 362.5/see ticker/180

Height: 6'0

Default Do you measure your weightloss from your at home weight, or center weight?

Just wondering. It's a hard line. When I weigh at home, in the morning, I am so much lighter. Then when I weigh in at the center I have had breakfast, and lots of water, and have on clothes, so I'm a good 8lbs heavier.
kaylasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

That happens... I usually weigh in the same time every day... I try to do before 11 because, for some reason, I weigh more after that time. I would try to weigh in on an empty stomach (if possible) and bring the same clothes to weigh in... just a thought...
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasmommy View Post
Just wondering. It's a hard line. When I weigh at home, in the morning, I am so much lighter. Then when I weigh in at the center I have had breakfast, and lots of water, and have on clothes, so I'm a good 8lbs heavier.
I have a routine on WI day that I am religious about. It may not work for everyone, but it works for me. The morning of a WI, I only have a protein bar. That's it. No water, no coffee, no soda, no other food. I typically will weigh in around 12:15 - 12:30 pm. I'll bring my water bottle with me and then once I WI, I start drinking. Also, I bring lightweight clothes I change into before I WI. I always wear the same clothes each WI (I do wash them. ) This way, I know that any fluctuations in weight is not due to my clothing.

Like I said, it may not be for everyone but it works for me.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'2

This was the issue I had yesterday. I went to WI after pre-conditioning and I was up .5. she noticed that my tbw was up 2lbs from last week,but my fat was down. I can only go in after work which is around 5:30, which is pretty late in the day. The counselor was very supportive and told me things will get better.
LolaBunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

I have a WI outfit too. I refuse to let jeans weight put me up on the scale . I can only WI after work too so I eat normal breakfast and lunch then stop drinking 2-3 hours before I go. I don't weigh at home and only go by the center. The scale at home was always off and I would either be happy or sad depending on how the centers scale was so I stopped weighing at home.
Fluffy in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #6  
Results>Reasons

S/C/G: 196/190/150

Height: 5'9"

I weigh-in every morning, first thing, butt naked. Sometimes, if I'm pushing to get out of the 'decade'...I'll even take off jewelry (ounces add up!) and such. Then right before I go to bed, knowing I've had all the food/drinks for the day, I'll weigh-in. It's nice to see that right before bed, you weigh the same as you did that morning (SOMETIMES!)...I also find it interesting how much weight you lose just in that 8-hour sleeping period.
AriesNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 362.5/see ticker/180

Height: 6'0

Glad to know pretty much everyone has a ritual. I think I will start to WI in the same clothes as well. I used to have a dress I would wear to WI the first time around...but I think I gave it away...wahwahwahhhhhh! LOL! I will find something new. I also like the idea of not drinking 2-3 hrs before. Thanks ladies!
kaylasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:18 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

what an interesting thread! I am always 2 pounds heavier at the center. Always. I weigh nude when I first get up, then esch week I have the same breakfast and the same amount of coffee, and put on the same clothes. I go to the center at the same time each week, immediately when they open. I have those Tantia scales, which seem really good and consistent.

And I have stopped weighing every single day because the fluxuations made me crazy.
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:24 AM   #9  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

the main reason i joined MRC is because i could weigh in earlier in the morning 9ish. i live in a small town and when i did WW, the only meetings are in the afternoon at 6pm and i would be disappointed because even if i lost weight the scales didn't always reflect it because of drinking water or eating a business lunch, etc. i did manage to lose 20 lbs a few times on that program, just to gain it back. so in saying that, thank goodness i found MRC and the type of food plan that i'm successful on not only with weight loss, but has even helped me with energy, hormones and sugar crashes (which lead to me eating more sugar and carbs)
i've had disappointing weigh ins w/ MRC and that was because of weighing in later in the day (forgetting not to drink water! before weigh in) and wearing heavier clothes. once i started bringing in my light weigh in clothes and changing before weigh indid i see more consistent weight loss results on their scales :-) my scales at home register two lbs heavier (same w/ WW scales) even if i register a 2 or 3 lbs gain after a crazy weekend,i immediately try on my smaller jeans and am like whew, i can still wear them, it's temporary water weight! yay
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:50 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/199/160

Height: 5ft 1"

I guess I'm lucky.. my appt when I first started was at 11 in the morning, i had already eaten, drank water, all that fun stuff, so I figured it made sense to go by the center weight.
anjy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/179/140

Height: 5'4

I can only go after work (I get to work at 7, center opens at 9). I eat lunch around noon, but keep drinking water. I try to just space it out and not chug the hour before I leave for the center. I'm within a pound or pound and a half of my home scale.
I weigh myself every morning and night. It keeps my honest. The weight I put in here is the MRC weight. However I have a gadget on my iGoogle homepage that tracks my daily weight and progress to my goal.
jenkatt is offline   Reply With Quote