Old 06-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Red face June Thread for the Worldly Chicks

Well ladies, my computer says we've rolled to a new month. I have to admit I am not in the right mindset for snappy thread titles so this one's kind of generic. We'll see at the end of the month what effect, if any this has on our all around well being.

Here's May's thread if you want to go back and check anything.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:42 PM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

Good Afternoon! Today the kids had their last day of school and for the first time ever my girls came home crying. DS came in the house all excited that school was over and the girls came in DD1 kept saying “I don’t want to leave” (last year at that school) And DD2 I think was crying because her older sister was. So weird…they went to school all excited to be getting out for the summer. Not much is going on here for me…Just trying to get my footing back after my slip up. Doing ok for now, but craving sweets. I have to work all weekend so nothing is going on. DH and the kiddies are going to a house warming BBQ for a friend on Saturday, but since I have to work late I am not going to be able to attend. Bummer, but easier food choices.

Laura~this weather is driving me mad. I can’t believe how cool it got. The kids were all wearing sweatshirts. With all the rain yesterday were you able to ride your bike back home? Hope your glasses are done so you only have to make one trip to the eye doctor to pick them up.

Annie~Congrats to Curtis on the new job. The fish fry sounded so yummy. Too bad gas is so expensive right now, I would have come down and helped eat it all!!

Michelle~be careful with the dizziness. Try to get some rest over the weekend. Good job with sending out the resumes! Hopefully something good will come out of this!

Ceejay~Good for you writing it all your food down. I love bread too, all types. That is way too often my down fall. This time around I have been limiting my carbs and it really has made a difference in the calorie counts.

Happy~I hate pics of myself too. It’s only years later and I go…Wow look at how great I looked. Take it one day at a time and be happy for the little things…Like all your wildlife!!! ROFL

Shad~Hope you feel better soon. How did the shopping trip go? Did you buy enough? Hope this week of training is better than the last.
OK, off to eat lunch. If I don’t post know I am still with you…just have to try to fit it in over the work weekends!!

Last edited by upswife; 06-01-2012 at 01:42 PM.
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #3  

Afternoon all. Happy Friday!! I stayed at work a bit later yesterday so I will leave a bit earlier today.

Happy - Thanks for setting up the new thread. I can't believe how quickly May went!! Let's see how the no-nonsense thread title works.

Ellen - LOL re the reactions to the last day of school! I can certainly see DD1 being upset and probably anxious at the prospect of a new school. Poor thing! I went to a K-8 parochial school, so I didn't have any trauma over moving to a middle school. Even high school wasn't very traumatic because so many from grade school went there, and it wasn't a big school. Re the weather - yeh, it sure got chilly - bf turned on the furnace!! I might have tried to tough it out if it was my choice... Yes, it was sprinkling just a wee bit when I got off the train, so I rode the bike home - it's only 6 blocks, so no biggie. But I have to say that my hands were cold by the time I got home!

Hellos to everyone! Hope you all have or are already having a good weekend.
---
Well, this week's food hasn't been nearly as OP as the past couple weeks were, but I'm still logging it, so I'm well aware of the damage! I'll keep at it.

Last night while eating dinner I noticed one side of my upper lip was swollen, and it looked like a blister. Bf said it might be a cold sore. I hadn't had any tingling to warn me, which is what he said he gets before he gets one every once in a blue moon. I've never had a cold sore and sure don't want one. Well, it was gone when I woke up this morning, and I was relieved. But then this morning at the office I felt the tingling in the same spot. Uh oh. Really don't want to start getting cold sores!! Maybe it was just having had this cold that lowered my immunity and is causing it... I iced it for a bit and we'll see what happens.

So I forgot to phone the eye doc yesterday re my glasses, but they phoned me this morning to say they're ready - yay! I'll go pick up both my contacts and glasses tomorrow morning.

No plans this weekend except to try some planting. It wasn't raining at lunch time, but it's not sunny and warm either. Hope the soil isn't too soggy to dig in.

Okay, back to work now.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #4  
Choose your hard

Hard to believe it's time to change the calendar again. Is time going by as quickly for you too, or is it just me? It was 28 degrees last night when I went to bed. Good thing we thought ahead on how to protect the garden and flowers. One more chilly night tonight and then it's supposed to stay in the 50's at night which is good for sleeping.

I'm not going to launch into a bunch of "I'm gonna do this or that for June..." because I'm just not into that. Will just say right now I want to make some small changes that I hope pay off come next month.

Yesterday DH decided to go to Famous Dave's - a bbq joint out here because on Thursday's they have southern fried chicken he likes so much. Turns out they changed the menu - maybe for summer - and instead of all you can eat, it's just a regular meal. He had that and enjoyed it. So much bothers my stomach lately - including BBQ "smoke" flavoring as well as fats and such. I decided to have their grilled salmon with steamed broccoli and grilled pineapple wedges. It was a low calorie / low fat meal and I have to say I really, REALLY enjoyed it.

You were talking about the bar of soap in bed helping the leg cramps. I have heard that works but I'm not sure for what conditions. DH tried it and it didn't do anything - perhaps it works if you have a potassium deficiency but not if you have bad discs in your back Guess it's worth a try anyway...

Well it looks as if once again, I started something hours back, walked away and forgot it...

Laura - sorry your lunch was a bit of a downer. Sometimes it's like that - good to commiserate and now that everyone's vented you can look forward to a better day as you say. I'm glad you got a piece of your project done - I know how that feels.

Ellen - hope all's good with the kids and you won the food battle.

Mel - a new day a new for you. Wishing you well...

Shad - by now you should be just about waking up to the weekend. Hope the sun comes out so you can get outside for a bit.

Annie - safe travels - was it today that you went off to the seminar? Hope it's interesting. You new firepit sounds just gorgeous.

Michelle - sending good vibes for the job search. Don't overtax yourself this weekend.

Hi Ceejay and Patty
Old 06-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
I'm jealous of the Famous Dave food. We ate there when we were in Branson, MO. Very good food but too much of it. Thanks for starting the June thread.

Ellen
Different emotions for every one when school is out. I always ran as fast as I could and never looked back. Summer was to short. You'll get back on track. Just one thing at a time.

Laura
It does make you feel good to have part of a large project done. I'm gonna start a personal one when I get back to work. I'm going to be working toward my class 1 waste water license.

Mel
How are you doing?

Annie
Safe travels this week end and enjoy the trip.

Michelle
Any news from those interviews?

-----
I've spent most of the day running errands. Went to the bank then to pay rent then I drove to Blytheville, Ar to go to Verizon wireless. My cell phone contract ran out and I wanted a new cell phone. I got an iphone. I think it's a droid but not really sure. I turned in one of my neighbors for not mowing their back lawn. The grass is waist high. They could be fined by the city.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #6  

Good morning all! So even with being over calorie counts for the last 2 days I have managed to lose 2 more pounds, so I am happy about that. Work last night was really good. It does look like I will be moving desks this weekend, so let's hope that I get some time to do that.

My goal for this month is to continue writing down and tracking calories. I aslo want to get into a schedule of getting some type of exercise in 5 days a week.

Have to finish my coffee and get moving. Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 06-02-2012, 10:34 AM   #7  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING CHICKS.
NOT EXACTLY MYSELF YET BUT GETTING BETTER EACH DAY. BAD NIGHT LAST NIGHT. SO DR TOOK ME OFF THE PILLS NOW AND WE WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS. i AM REALLY SICK OF THIS BUT TOO TIRED TO CARE IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.
THE WEEK AWAY FROM EVERYONE IN THE BLDG WAS NICE AND MOTHER NATURE SENT LOTS OF RAINY , SLEEPY DAYS THIS WAY WITH MORE OF THEM COMING THIS WEEK TOO. MIGHT BE A GOOD THING. LOL

THE PRIMARY ELECTION IS TUESDAY SO I AM STAYING UP HERE TILL AFTER THAT PASSES. MIGHT GO TO TRADER JOE'S THURSDAY WITH JEN. THE DR IS COMING BACK THAT DAY ALSO.
THE THE YOUNGER KIDS ARRIVE OVER NEXT WEEKEND.
OH JOY OH JOY!!
THANK GOD THE TRAILER IS NOT ACCESSIBLE!!!

I WILL READ YOUR POSTS OVER THE WEEKEND. SEE WHAT YOU GALS HAVE BEEN UP TOO. HOPE IT'S ALL GOOD.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:13 AM   #8  
Happy September

The sun is trying so hard to pop thru in between storms.
Cooler temps are making me feel better but I am freezing!

I read all the posts and I am glad to hear you are all on the road to recovery. Sorry to make you all sick Thank you for all the good thoughts. Just knowing you were all here meant a lot while in the horizontal position. Speaking of whicH....I had a laugh. The alarm man was here on a quick re-check cause we're still having medical alarm probs. He had to crawl over my bed to switch it on....we both cracked up! Only wish I had been in it!! I told the office Vic was in my bed but he was too fast for me and he got away!!!

HAPPY....SORRY TO HEAR MR BEAR IS BACK & HOPING FOR A HANDOUT??? HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR BEAR MEAT COOKED?? WELL DONE OR RARE???
GLAD THE VISIT WAS A GOOD ONE AND ALSO HOPE YOUR GARDEN DOESN'T FREEZE!!! THANKS FOR STARTING THE NEW THREAD. I FINALLY REALIZED IT WAS JUNE AFTER I POSTED IN MAY!!! LOL
A GENERATOR IS A TRULY WONDERFUL THING!! NO LONGER A LUXURY ITEM....IT HAS BECOME A NECESSITY IN OUR AGE.

SHAD.....YOU MADE ME LAUGH & SIGH AT THE SAME TIME WITH THE CHINESE WHISPERS....AND MEN CAN BE WORSE GOSSIPS THAN WE WOMEN ARE!! AT LEAST WOMEN GET THEIR FACTS RIGHT!! ROFLMAZZ OFF. BUT MENS CHATTER IS MUCH MORE ENTICING TO LISTEN TO!! HOPE YOUR WEEKEND IS FILLED WITH DOWN TIME JUST FOR YOU

CEEJAY.....ARE YOU STAYING WITH THE AUNT & UNCLE AS WELL OR JUST THE RELATIVES?? GLAD YOU GOT OUT TO VOTE AND HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER TOO. HOW'S WORK?? HOPE NOT ANY LEAKY SITUATIONS!
PS: I KEEP A JOURNAL AND IT INCLUDES,: FOOD, MEDS, EXERCISE AND OTHER STUFF THAT COMES IN HANDY WHEN I TALK TO THE DR ALSO. IT KEEPS ME MINDFUL OF ALL I ATE THAT DAY TOO!! I CAN BE SUCH A PIG!!

LAURA.....I AM GLAD TO SEE THE END OF THOSE PESKY SIT IN PEEPS. WHAT A MESS THAT COULD HAVE BEEN. IT'S ONE THING TO HAVE AN OPINION BUT I ALWAYS FEAR PEOPLE WILL BE HURT. SCARES THE CRAP OUT OF ME! GLAD YOU GOT TO & FROM WORK SAFELY. VERY HAPPY TO HEAR YOU SOLVED THE MISSING CHEESE MYSTERY!! IN A FEW WEEKS YOUR NOSE MIGHT HAVE FOUND IT ANYWAY!! BUT BETTER YOU THAN COAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANNIE....HOW CUTE ARE THE FISH & CURTIS!! WAS HOPING FOR MORE PICS. KEEP TAKING THEM. WHAT A BABYSITTING WEEKEND YOU HAD!! BET THE MONEY MAN IS GROWING BY LEAPS & BOUNDS!! TIME FLIES. CONGRATULATIONS TO CURT FOR THE NEW JOB!! VERY GLAD TO HEAR THAT

MICHELLE....GOOD LUCK WITH ALL THE INTERVIEWS AND PRAYING THE RIGHT ONE OPENS THEIR DOORS FOR YOU. HOPE DH & DMIL CAN KEEP YOU GROUNDED....I WOULD BE A BIOTCH TOO IN YOUR PLACE...WAIT A MINUTE....I ALREADY AM!!!
HOPE DH CONTINUES TO IMPROVE.

PATTY.....WE ALMOST HAD INTERNET WOES HERE TOO. HOPE THE JOB GIVES YOU A FEW MINUTES THIS SUMMER TO GET OUT & ABOUT AND GET FRESH AIR AND TIME FOR YOURSELF BE MINDFUL OF TAKING GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF. LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO ME

ELLEN.....POOR YOU WITH THE SICK KIDS, JOBS AND HUBBY TO BOOT!!
ANOTHER ONE WHO BETTER TAKE GOOD CARE OF HERSELF
STAY WELL AND GET SOME YOURSELF VIT D IN THE SUNSHINE

Last edited by MELODY525; 06-02-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:54 PM   #9  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Happy Saturday.

Mel good to see you back. Loved (and missed) all your colorful graphics. Sorry you are not quite 100% but keep holding the fort down. Glad Mother Nature made it sort of rainy so that you can sleep and not feel like you are missing out on anything good. Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll get better. I love your new avatar.

Good going on the pounds down Ellen

Ceejay - this is the first and original Famous Dave's out here. I like their corn muffins - there is some southern food that I miss. Hope they make that neighbor take care of the grass - I hate when people are lazy and neglectful.

Laura - hope that cold sore never materialized. I never had one either and it looks like it takes a long time to calm down and go away.

Hellos to the rest of the chicks - hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:13 PM   #10  

Hi y'all. Quick post from the dealership. Car wouldn't start after I was done at the eye doc, so I got a jump from some kind folks at the eye dr office - an employee & a patient. Headed right over to the dealer in the area where bf had Arranged for a new battery to be installed. In the waiting area w cushy leather chairs. Still have errands to do & gardening, and lunch is soon. A friend invited me outfit tonite. Unsure about that since I've lost a lot of time with this battery thing...

Happy- I didn't know the orig famous dave's started up by you. Funny, the last couple times bf & I've had Fam. Dave's, we just had their soup & corn bread because we liked it so much

Mel - glad you rested all week & you're feeling better!!

Ellen - congrats on the loss!!

Ceejay - good to get the license & be more valuable to your employer.

Ok gotta run& pay
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Late and all as it is on a Sunday, I have come back from the dead. At least that is what I thought it was. Same as previous but this time came on in a big hurry and with a sore throat. So back to the day/ night pills and the inhalers and the lemsip drinks. It's moving but slowly.

Weather is lousy. Raining, cool, slippery out there. Can't do much except shop. And I did much of that yesterday. Tried to find a laundrette, found it on the 'net but couldn't find it on the physical street. By the time I did find it, they were about to close. Maybe I need to go out and get myself some new work pants. I've hand washed my stuff this morning, but have great doubts that it will dry. Maybe have to iron it dry. What a pain.

Anyway, I need to go out to get gas so will do that and then check out the shops for coffee, tea and a couple of other things that I prefer to drink rather than what the company provides.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:00 AM   #12  
Happy September

MORNING CHICKLETTES OF THE WORLD

NOTHING MUCH TO REPORT HERE.
QUIET DAY. GOOD WEATHER. LOTS OF REST.
HOPE ALL OF YOU HAD SOME OF THE SAME

HAPPY....YOUR AVATAR MAKES ME SMILE!!
HAS IT WARMED UP A BIT YET?? WEIRD WEATHER ACROSS THE ENTIRE NATION.
CAN'T BELIEVE WE'RE GETTING FROST WARNINGS IN SO MANY PLACES.

CEEJAY....GOOD TO HEAR ABOUT THE LICENSE.
SHAME ON THE NEIGHBORS. THAT KIND OF GRASS BREEDS MOSQUITOS!!
HOPE THE TOWN GET'S AFTER THEM TO MOW IT.

LAURA......HOPE THE CAR GT FIXED AND ALL IS WELL.
YOU WERE CERTAINLY BUSY BEE THIS WEEKEND!!
ENJOY THE DAY TODAY.

SHAD.....SORRY TO HEAR HOW ILL YOU HAVE BEEN
HOPE YOU WILL BE FEELING MUCH BETTER AS THE WEEK PROGRESSES
IS IT SAFE FLYING AROUND WITH ALL THAT CONGESTION?? BE CAREFUL!!
WERE THE PANTS DRIED???
BUY MORE NOW AND YOU CAN ALWAYS CUT THEM DOWN TO SHORTS WHEN YOU RETIRE!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 06-03-2012 at 07:00 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:36 AM   #13  

Morning all! I've been up for over an hour and my alarm was not set to go off for another 20 minutes. Not sure what is going on, I didn't even go to bed early...I will just be super tired later. I have my 12 hr day today. Hoping we make it thru it. I have to finish moving desks, but that should not take me long. I will try to come back later and post some personals.

Luv and Hugs!!
Old 06-03-2012, 11:56 AM   #14  
Choose your hard

Good morning chicks,

Sunny day here. Took my coffee on the patio. There are lots of yellow swallowtail butterflies, most of which have exhausted whatever pollen is in the lone lantana plant, but they keep going back there. I will have to go into town and see if they have another one since only the bees (4 varieties of them) like my other flower selections. The driveway is half sand, half cement and there is a parade of dragonflies dancing over the sandy part of the driveway, back and forth, forth and back, dancing in zigzags and circles in the sunlight. I know they are bug catchers but for the life of me, can't understand what's over the driveway as opposed to what I would think was better hunting over the lawn. Perhaps DH mowed the good stuff away yesterday. When we came home yesterday a lone turkey was mucking through the weeds along the road. DH felt so bad, he really wants to start feeding them again but we can't so I hope there are lots of bugs in the weeds for the turkeys. I do like Yoplait brand yogurt as it's one of the few that does not contain artificial sugar substitutes for sweetening, but the sugar sweetened one has become too sweet even for me. They came out with a new line of Greek yogurts (twice the protein) and I have been trying in vain to get my hands on the coconut flavor. Finally saw it at the store yesterday and snatched up 2 packs. It's half the sugar and calories of it's older counterpart. Reminds me more of the traditional yogurt - the sort of sour, thick stuff which is true yogurt before they started thinning it out and adding lots of sugars and flavors to appeal to the American palate. Did I mention that I did not at all like the yogurts of the 70's Anyway since this is tart, I added some big fresh blueberries I picked up yesterday as well as chopping up a tart but juicy peach and added a handful of a granola like cereal for a bit of crunch and texture - it had dates, raisins and nuts so I got more of that good stuff too. Not bad I must say, especially when enjoyed with coffee on the deck. It's just that there's ALOT of buzzing out there from the various insects so you have to drown that out.

Last night we grilled up boneless pork chops, fresh pineapple, steamed brocolli and since DH wanted pork and beans and I did not, I chopped a few potatoes, added some onion (which he hates) and a bit of fresh parsley and dill from my garden. Popped it in the oven and had the exhaust fan on which carried the smell into the yard. DH said I know you are cooking onions but DARN that smells REALLY good. It was a very nice meal. Going to mostly be eating protein from the freezer as I have to use up some of that stuff. I hope my fresh produce from last week's shopping trip will carry us through the week. We have to start watching our money a bit more closely going forward now that we have to pay for health insurance with a carrier I am not too happy about at that.

I worked a half day on the museum stuff, at this point I just want to be done with it as it's very time consuming and tedious and it feels like I will never get done with it. I also have to plant my herbs into pots. My cousins are getting together later this afternoon for burgers and Bloody Marys at a local bar but I haven't decided if I want to go yet. And that's all that's happening in my corner of the world.

Ellen - sometimes we just wake up early for no obvious reason. As you say tho, then at some point we peter out and want a nap. Hope you can get through a long work day.

Mel - glad you got some decent weather. Yep, it looks like maybe we are out of the frost danger for good. Someone was saying that up this way you have to wait until the first full moon in June to put your garden in and we're about there right now. It gets downright cold overnight but warms up so quickly once the sun comes out. It was 53 when DH got up at 7 and 4 hours later it's almost 80 degrees. You would very much like it on the deck here - we can put you under the patio umbrella if the sun is too much for you. Or park you in the gazebo if the buzzing of the flies and bees is too much for you - don't want to wear your arm out swatting You can still get a good view of the goldfinches and hummingbirds from in there. But you are right, weather has been rather wierd this year. El Nina, Mayan Calendar, Global Warming

Shad - I will never forget getting unexpectedly stuck overnight while travelling on business and having to dry our panties with a hair dryer. The feel of damp inseams on pants is not a good one You need lightweight garments that pack and dry well which is difficult when winter sets in on your side of the world. Glad that you at least had a local chemist to get some things to help the cold symptoms. and a warm mug of lemon honey tea

Laura - was it the wild rice soup or the potato soup? I was looking at that myself and would welcome a recommendation. Bummer on having to put money out for the car - glad you were at least in a place where you could get some help rather than parked at the woods taking a bike ride! Did you wind up getting out last night?

DH is pestering me to water the garden (I think he's watering too much and don't want to grow a fungus here) so I'd better get out and in front of him. Have a good Sunday ladies - hellos to all Worldly Chicks.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

good afternoon.

Ellen
Congrats on the two extra pounds lost. You are doing well.

Laura
At least there were a couple of good people who were willing to help you. I panic in situations like that. How is your cold?

Mel
Glad you feel well enough to come and talk. Don't blame you for not working the election. Take care of yourself.

Happy
Have you seen the bear any more?

-----
Speaking of bears, my aunt came inside with her grand daughter last night and announced they saw a fox in the back yard. Their back yard backs up against a wooded area. They've already killed two copper head snakes.

I tried to help my uncle with his new computer but I couldn't make him understand that the two programs were not compatible. He wanted to bring one page of a folder over to the new program for one sentence. I told him it would be easier if I sat and typed it for him. I did. Today his Quicken program was off. I told him I didn't know how that operated and I needed to go home. My brain was tired from last night. I'm exhausted mentally and physically. I felt like he was trying to blame me for it but I didn't touch it. I don't like working on some one else computer for that reason.
I'm still getting used to the new Smart phone I bought the other day.
Had a good lunch with the uncles Saturday.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote