Old 06-21-2012, 01:52 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #280 Bale of Turtles Aiming High!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good Morning everyone and happy Friday! Went to my TOPS meeting last night and as I thoght I was up at the scale... but woke up with TOM this morning so that might be it although my gain from that normally comes at the end... anyway, I am doing what I can to get it going in the right direction so we will just wait and see.

Sounds like everyone is doing well and really working their programs to get results!

Bandit: have a great time at the lake!

Terri: it is very hot here also but the evenings cool off enough for me to get a walk in - we need rain so badly here so that is what I am hoping for as soon as we get the deck stained and it has a day to dry lol.

Judy: How are you doing so far this week? Got plans for the weekend?

Jar: How are you doing and how has your week gone?

Cherry: hope you are feeling well!

Life: How are things going with you?
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone - had a good week, was down .75# and got in some walking.

Princess - you mentioned you need rain, well my drive home last night was like I was in a carwash for most of it. At times, I could barely see and thank goodnesss I know my route well, since it would have been extra tricky if I didn't. I haven't rain like that in ages. So I hope some of it is heading your way.

I am heading to lake shortly and taking healthy food and planning on walks/swimming. Have a great weekend, everyone!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:47 PM   #4  
Chick

Ds and family came out a day earlier than expected. It's good to see them.
I'm doing the best I can with food but there have been numerous challenges this week and I'm not doing that great. Also, at one point my dh and I looked at each other and ordered a pizza and some goodes. I think we had both "had it" with eating super healthy and needed a break out. ugh. So, I'm doing the best I can but wish it were better.

Very very hot here and then today we had torrential rains. The rain seems to be circling back and the temp has dropped over 10 degrees. WE'll see what happens. Hoping the kids can get into pool again tomorrow. This morning they were so excited I let them swim before breakfast. they love to swim. I got some weeding done and then I got to swim as well so it was all fun.

Look. We are doing the best we can what with TOM and special challenges. Keep on doing what you know work and we'll all be on the right track!

Judy
Old 06-23-2012, 07:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Happy Saturday!

Heat wave over! Yeah!!! We had a beautiful sunny day yesterday!

Did make it 2 days to Y and a few lunch time walks. This coming week the gym at Y is closed they are putting in a new floor. I thought about swimming in am not so sure about that!!!

Shopping today with my sister not too much going on.

Have a great weekend!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:33 AM   #6  

Morning all!

Did the deck staining yesterday so am soooo sore today from all of the squating down, etc. I am still going to try and get to the gym for my Sunday morning cycle class... that should be fun... ugh!!!

Posted my unofficial Weigh In results over on the other thread.

Have a great day!
Old 06-25-2012, 05:47 AM   #7  

Happy Monday everyone! Very late this morning so just a quick hello and best wishes for a great day!

I made it to cycling class yesterday and oh boy betweent that and the deck staining I am serioulsy sore today!

Have to run!
Old 06-25-2012, 07:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey All TGI Monday!!

Start vacation Thursday eve for 10 days!!! 4 days to go.
The YMCA gym is closed, it is getting a new floor so no Y for me this week, weather has cooled evenings not so hot, so told DS we were walking in the evening.

Water and walking my goals for the week!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #9  
Chick

Hey Princess, great job on staining the deck and exercise class!

Terri, nice to have a vacation to look forward to!!!!

Ds and family left for home today. My eating wasn't what I wanted.....not a total disaster, but a mini-disaster. Tomorrow is another day!

Best of luck to everyone. Keep up the good work. Get on track and have fun!
Judy
Old 06-25-2012, 09:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone - sounds like you are all doing well which is nice to hear

Judy - we all have "not great eating days" just part of our journey, today
is a new day and glad you are back on track

Terri - vacation time, exciting! Nice to have time off and do something different, just changing up our routines is a nice break.

Princess - sore butt, ouch!! Hate that - mine gets sore from bending and picking up branches around property.

Well, Monday pretty much out of the way. I stayed on track all day and my exercise today and 1-1/2 hrs of grass cutting, trimming and bending over.

All - lets have a great weigh in this week. Thats it - I just put our request in, so now lets get to work!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:29 AM   #11  
Chick

Bandit, I love your request!!!!! I'm getting to work on it right now.

Had a super early breakfast and lunch, but now have planned out how I can get through until dinner time with minimum damage.........we can do this@
I got in a lot of pool time while the grandkids were here and it was fun. I love the water and with the high heat, our pool was warm. Yay!

Congrats to all of us for making the effort and succeeding.
Judy
Old 06-28-2012, 05:54 AM   #12  

Moning al, I have been sick with a stomach flu this week, started Monday night but today I am fianlly feeling better. You would think that scale would have gone down a bit with a tummy flu... but not really... ugh.

Looks like everyone is dong pretty good and like Bandit says we all have our on and off times so lets just keep chugging along like Turtle do!

Have a great day all!
Old 06-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #13  
Chick

Princess, feel better soon!

Terri, have a great vacation

I'm doing the Turtle Chug right now! Millions of challenges last week and then a bit of emotion to deal with. Last night had dinner out at Chili's and
found asmall sirloin steak and broccoli entree for 250 calories. Even if they are off in the count, Ifigure I still did great. This morning oatmeal and I've got my food planned out. I like being on track and in control. Even if I slip, I've got the right idea. Eatingtoo much is just not worth it and I've still got to figure out what to do. Plan on weeding today. That should be good for some exercise and I'd like to swim also.

Have a great day gals!
Life4, how are you doing?

Jar, are things going your way?

Cherry, how are you feeling?

Bandit, I think aboutyou and your summers. How great!

Okay, gotta run. Let's all dothis!
Judy
Old 06-29-2012, 05:59 AM   #14  

Morning all, Happy Friday! Super Super hot here these days and not a rain drop in sight, very dry and we have started watering the lawn to keep it from totally disappearing into the dust.

Went to TOPS last night and was down but my official is tomorrow as WW so we will see how that goes. Eating is ok but exercise is off due to being sick but will catch a cycle class tonight I think.

Judy: Sounds like you have lots going on, keep chuging and stay with in your comfort zone! Have you tried anything new lately?

Bandit: How are you doing? Are you reading anything good right now? Have a great weekend!

Terri: Enjoy your vacation / holiday time!

Cherry: How are you doing these days?

Life: What is new with you?

Jar: How are you doing so far this week?

Have a great day everyone. I have a recipe that I want to post of the last WW book that I bought, DH and I liked it very much and it was a great summer meal and easy to prepare. I will get that posted today!
Old 06-29-2012, 09:08 AM   #15  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess, glad your weight was down.

I have had soooooooooooooo much going on, but I'm regrouping. As far as something new I am making breakfast (egg and lite bread or oatmeal), trying to get fruit in as a snack so I'm not too hungry. Still using frozen foods for lunch and dinner since they are so easy. Got on boardwalk yesterday. Here it's hot but we keep on getting thunderstorms and rain which helps the lawn. Hoping for a nice weekend. My WI tomorrow won't be good, but it'll be better than it was. How's that?

Okay, : to everyone!!!!! Let's have a good eating/ day.
Judy