South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 06:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default South Beach Chat June 30 - July 1

You can tell that the mods must be having fun!! Think of us, chicks!

Having a casual morning until work, which seems that it will be busy. DH is taking the kids to a campground for the day where friends are at, so I will have a quiet (what's that?!) afternoon. Probably housework and errands, esp. with the holiday next month.

I dropped meat this week out of curiousity, things have gone well. I feel good, although not always satisfied.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:17 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Twynn, thanks for getting us started! I hope you enjoy your casual morning and that work isn't too busy! I like switching my foods around...seeing what does and doesn't work for me (and the fam).

Me, recovering from my "weekend". We came back over the hill last night and I'm prepping for work. I had a somewhat "crappy" day yesterday....DH and his DD are mad at me for different reasons (I think) but it seems to be tensions regarding the upcoming baby, finding a car and DH's injury. My Beck friends over at Beck Diet Solution remind me that "this is not about me".

What I am about, is checking in here every day and following my food plan. I will go enjoy coffee and pack my lunch for work....that's a start.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:40 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Well this mod is planning an exciting day of mowing, house cleaning, and other chores. I know you are jealous

Twynn - It's so nice to get a little time to yourself. Do you have big plans for the holiday week?

Debbie You've had so much family stress lately. Your Beck friends are smart, now to take that to heart.

A friend called yesterday afternoon and invited me to Shakespeare in the Park. It was really fun and I'm glad I went. I did have one piece of her challah, she is locally famous for it and I couldn't believe she baked yesterday. It was very good but I don't miss white breads. They seem to be missing the flavor I expect.

I've got my To Do list ready and will get out and mow as soon as I can without the neighbors hating me. It's my day off, so lots to do!
Old 06-30-2012, 07:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Debbie you certainly have your hands full these days. I agree with Cyndi too!

TwynnB so happy you have some alone time later, regardless of how you spend it enjoy!

Cyndi the neighbors will get over it, as it is too hot to do it later. my one neighbor is selling her house cheap. She was the best. I worked nights and she wouldn't cut the grass on our adjoining side on my work days so I could sleep. I told her she could bring the law mower in my house and it wouldn't bother me. I am fortunate my neighbors on all sides are wonderful.

Another hot one here working inside fortunately. Once I get home tonight I'll play with the pups, pack food for tomorrow and call it a day. I do need to sit down on one of my days off and catch up on paperwork, how exciting lol

I made a smoothie for breakfast, the fiber is really thickening up. it is like drinking peanut butter through a straw. Can I count this as exercise? just kidding
Old 06-30-2012, 08:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, all.

Twynn - Enjoy your quiet time.

Debbie - Great attitude! Please rub off on me

Cyndi - Oh how I love challah. Okay, I love all bread. But that one is tops.

Jennifer - LOL - Maybe I need to jump on the smoothie bandwagon.

I have work this afternoon. Yesterday's walk with my neighbors did me in! My leg/hip ached after, probably IT band and related to that old calf thing, and today my shins hurt. I am out of shape!!
Old 07-01-2012, 07:06 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Morning again chicks! It's been a quiet weekend here, everyone must be having fun! (or maybe being productive?)

Lexiss - yay for you on the family thing. Tough lessons for one to learn.

Cyndi- hope you did better with your to-do list yesterday than I did!

Jekel - what fiber do you put in your smoothies? I keep meaning to find a good protein powder so it's more filling, but that's on that to-do list that is never finished!

Karen - is your leg feeling better?

Nice, quiet morning today. It was weird yesterday, not having the family home. LOL....if I knew they wouldn't get home until 10 pm, I would've gone hiking or to a movie or something!

Today is church (something like dealing with selfishness...), then DS is off to his first camp! He's gone today until Tuesday. We better get him packing!!

I'm wondering if my DH noticed I hadn't eaten meat all week. If he did, he might have a cow I keep having an inspiration to cut out wheat, but that's a tough mountain to tackle!!
Old 07-01-2012, 07:25 AM   #7  

Good Morning. I get my fiber at Walmart (pharmacy section) it is a maroon canister, not sure of the brand, but will look when I get home. If I am not mistaken it is organic and has 0 grams of sugar (that's why I picked it). For protein powder, I use Proteem since they do not add aspertane to their powders. You can find them online at proteem.com/main.sc One of the cops I work with helped create the product. He is a professional heavy weight lifter. I get the vanilla flavor, but cookies and cream seems very popular with the guys Inwork with. I think it does contain alcohol sugar. The ingredients are listed on the website.

I have been limiting wheat and most grains. Infind I feel better without them. However I will always enjoy pizza from time to time lol. Hey it's a NY thing.

Last day of work, then upstate tomorrow to work on friend's garden. Tomorrow we are going to decide on our little vacation. I think we are going to Land between the Lakes, Kentucky. I don't care where we go, I just want to go away! We are making an overnight pit stop at my parents in Blue Ridge, VA. I haven't been in years and feel quite badly about not seeing them more often. We wanted to go someplace serene with lots of outdoor activities. The bikes are definitely coming as there are many beautiful paths to try.

Cannot wait to here about Ruth and Linda's weekend!
Old 07-01-2012, 08:00 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm enjoying a Sunday morning with nowhere to go. DH is sleeping, still grumpy, so I'm upstairs working on my usual decluttering and paperwork. I don't know if we'll create an agenda today...probably not.

Karen, I hope your leg/hip is feeling better!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #9  
south beach dieter

S/C/G: 302/ticker/153

Height: 5'67"

hy everyone i just got back from the beach. it was nice a little cloudy to got the chance to get in the water 2 times
the bad thing is that i cheated i eat cheese pizza today and my first idea is to drink just tea for dinner but i know it is wrong.

i wish u all a sunny sunday
Old 07-01-2012, 09:29 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

A good Sunday to you all.

Hey, everyone we are celebrating Canada Day today, lots of bbqs going on today. We are having one but everything is SB friendly except the dessert and I will have a sliver. I'm just so happy that I am maintaining although some lbs off would also be nice. Busy with family stuff and DD is feeling better, she's not going to tell us the sex of the baby this time. Would be nice to know what colour of sweaters and hats I should knit.

Debbie - congratulations in moving your ticker even when you are going through some hard times.

Hope everyone keeps ploughing along. Its so worth it.
take care
Sophie
Old 07-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Thanks for asking about my legs. Shins are still sore I'm trying to motivate myself to get on my bike which is set up in the basement. I hate riding it indoors. But I need to gradually work up to a decent distance before I take it outside. And it is too darn hot right now!

I'm worried about our chicks who might have gotten hit with the storm and power outages. Obviously they wouldn't be able to log on and tell us how they are faring

Keep cool! Off to at least change into exercise clothes. Baby steps towards the bike...
Old 07-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #12  

Karen, Intoo prefer to ride outside. Here's a thought, do you have a park that has a bike path or a "loop?" On days where I am pressed for time and cannot do a long ride I go to the parke and ride the loop. For me it is just under two miles if you drive the roads in the park. I'll do loops for an hour and see how far I go. I did 13 miles in an hour. Not sure if that is good or bad, but it worked for me. Better still no stops or road crossings to contend with.

I hope your legs feel better soon. Maybe you could swim if you are looking for non impact exercise. I had back surgery in 2009 to prevent further damage my PT said no running unless I have too. In my line of work sometimes you "have" to lol. I hated the elliptical, stair climber you name it. So I took up spinning then cycling. I enjoy the scenery and see more if it than when I ran....I'm no Forest Gump
Closed Thread