Old 06-30-2012, 06:29 AM   #1  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Default IP daily chat Saturday and Sunday June 30 & July 01, 2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:30 AM   #2  
Began IP 3-29-2012

I hope everyone has a great OP weekend!
Old 06-30-2012, 07:39 AM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

All gassed up and ready to go. 25lbs gone.....I can try to get rid of this 5 year farmer's tan

Don't get too hot at the parade today brother!

Last edited by Thorfinn; 06-30-2012 at 07:39 AM.
Thorfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:39 AM   #4  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Have a great weekend! It's going to be a hot one in Louisiana, so I'm going to drink lots of water.
SewingMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:44 AM   #5  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorfinn View Post
All gassed up and ready to go. 25lbs gone.....I can try to get rid of this 5 year farmer's tan

Don't get too hot at the parade today brother!
It will be a long hot day!
Old 06-30-2012, 08:07 AM   #6  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I got my water ready for the scorching heat in Mississippi! I wanna go on a boat!....lol
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:36 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Good morning peepers. We have excessive heat warnings through Sunday night in the Philly area. Yesterday I drove with the top down in my car and was starting to tan in about 20 minutes. I could feel my arms burning. But i felt too good to put the top UP. NSV: Last week I was turning a corner and some guy waved at me and I didn't know why. I thought "did I move into his lane or what?". My son says "Mom, you know you don't exactly look like an old lady - you look good." I cracked up! I think maybe it had more to do with the car than me (I have a Porsche) but I'll take it!

Have a great weekend. I exercised again last night, with an extra shake and am still same weight today. I'm going to track it all carefully to see if I can make it work.

Starting water intake.....NOW.
Peace!
Renee
reneepw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Mornin' all!
It's going to be a scorcher here in the northeast too. Will get in the pool for a little while. In a few minutes off to the farmers' market.

Liz,
You look amazing in your new avatar! So happy for you.

To our sista going on the boat from Tuesday to Sunday, (I'm sorry I don't have your name),
Wanted to say that I would pack soups, puddings to make into shakes (this maximizes volume and keeps carbs low), and bars as emergency back up. I use Mio water flavoring and sweet leaf stevia flavorings in my coffee and shakes to keep things interesting. With lots of veggies and protein for dinner, you'll be fine.

Everyone across the country,
Drink lots and lots of water today and tomorrow. Stay cool, healthy and safe from heat stroke.

Mooselover, Think I'll cancel my Monday workout (hubby can go alone). And I'll get in 120 oz of water today and tomorrow...thanks for that tip and most of all, CONGRATS on the big drop! That must feel great!

Off to the farmers' market.
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:52 AM   #9  
IP attempt #2

S/C/G: 213/213/140

Height: 5'1

Good morning, everyone!

I found out yesterday that I passed my Texas teacher certification tests!! I have a Georgia certification, but wanted the Texas one before it expires. After $700 and 2 hard tests, I am Texas certified!

My mom is on IPand started 5 weeks before me. She has lost 30 lbs and looks AMAZING....and HOT! She is at 138 right now and wants to lose another 20. I have never seen her look so good! My sister is getting married in October, so we all need to be big losers!

Well, have a good weekend guys!!!

Oh - I made a rookie mistake and ate 2 restricteds yesterday. I am not eating anymore restricteds for the rest of my week.
GeauxTigers82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:56 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'3

Good morning everyone! I've been in meetings and retirement parties where I had to smell some AWESOME smelling food. But I've felt better staying there and facing the smells instead of running from anything I couldn't eat.....does that sound stupid? Before my fear was tat I would cave and eat what tey have. But the more I do IP it makes me want to stay true to the program.

Anyways, have a great weekend everyone!!!!
Ticiabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:03 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 172.5/129/128

Height: 5'7"

Hello All - so excited for this long weekend, weather is supposed to be warm and sunny. Made it into the 120's this week, that leaves one sad and lonely pound to go. I do not have a coach so have not been measured but it is strange how the inches keep dropping, jeans that were tight on the leg 10 days ago are noticeably looser now even though I have only lost 3lbs. Well my dogs are waiting to go for their walk on the beach, have a great day everyone
PEIslandGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:04 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'3

Default Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers82 View Post
Good morning, everyone!

I found out yesterday that I passed my Texas teacher certification tests!! I have a Georgia certification, but wanted the Texas one before it expires. After $700 and 2 hard tests, I am Texas certified!

My mom is on IPand started 5 weeks before me. She has lost 30 lbs and looks AMAZING....and HOT! She is at 138 right now and wants to lose another 20. I have never seen her look so good! My sister is getting married in October, so we all need to be big losers!

Well, have a good weekend guys!!!

Oh - I made a rookie mistake and ate 2 restricteds yesterday. I am not eating anymore restricteds for the rest of my week.

Congrats on passing your test!!! What an ccomplishment! :congrats:

And good luck to you and your mom! After hearing about my recent weight loss, my sister is going to start IP.

Dont worry about the restricted error. Now you know and it wont happen again on purpose. So dont waste energy on something you cant change. Good luck to you!!!
Ticiabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Renee, that is hysterical! Glad you had your son with you to explain things!

Wow, everyone here is so amazing and inspiring!

I survived Day 1. I was very hungry in the afternoon, but I'd eaten a ton the day before, so I know that's part of it, plus I've gotta get my groove down on the veggies.

I'm a regular exerciser, but for two weeks I'm walking, yoga & pilates. It's kind of a nice change of pace! But I've got new weight workouts I'm dying to try out! Well, hopefully I'll be trying them out at a smaller size. I am excited to get into ketosis and start moving some FAT!

Heading to the store to look for MiO.
locopollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:47 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone! I am in the same boat as most of you. It is already really hot here and supposed to be worse the next few days. We got cooled off a little bit by the rains from the Tropical Storm, but then it got humid and brought back the bugs

Anyway, I had my 8th week WI yeaterday and I lost 4 more lbs! 3 more and I will officially be halfway to my goal. My hubby is seeing all the inches I'm losing and wondering if I set the goal too low. I'm not sure either so I'll see what happens and how I feel when I hit 2/3 of the way. But the clothes are fitting much better and I'm feeling great. I'm also going to start exercising again but lightly. (Thanks LizRR for the help in that area)

I also just want to thank everyone again that contributes recipes and suggestions. I have been trying so many new things since I started this diet, and I know I'll keep a lot of them after I'm finished with it. All of you guys are a great inspiration and a help when I need it.

Have a great OP weekend and remember to keep hydrated!!!
sprite613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:13 AM   #15  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

I guess I hadn't been paying attention to the weather reports from the US - just realized last night that many of you guys are experiencing record breaking heat. I hope you're all able to stay cool and hydrated and enjoy the weekend despite the swelting temps.

It's Canada Day weekend here in Canada, so lots of celebrations and activities going on. Should be fun. It's sunny today in my area - hot and humid - will 'feel like' about 33 degrees C (91.4 F) with the humidity factor. But hearing about the searing heat down in parts of the US makes me feel downright cool.

Take care everyone - have a great OP day.

Last edited by evepet; 06-30-2012 at 10:34 AM.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote