South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 05:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Friday SBD Chat 6/29

Good morning! I'm on my 2nd cup of coffee already, after enjoying my first cup on the sunporch watching the thunderstorms. It seems to have quieted down a bit for now, so I think it's safe to be online.

It's going to be a scorcher today, and I have to work at least until noon, so I may bring the girls over here to swim in the pool and have Cindy pick them up here. Otherwise, they'll want to swim in their pond, and I refuse to swim in that. The girls can't understand why I refuse to zip line across it or swing out on the rope swing. Right. I prefer clear, clean water where I can see what's swimming around in it. I guess I'm just spoiled.

After work I have to get laundry done, then pack a bag for a girlfriend's weekend. Ruth must already be at the airport, awaiting her flight.

How's your day shaping up?
Old 06-29-2012, 05:43 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage and still sleeping Beachers It's going to be a perfect pool day.

I'm waiting to hear my plan for the morning. Yesterday my bus kiddo was sick and didn't go to school. I figured mom would keep her home today because it's an early release day and they are off next week but so far no call. It would be great if she goes since I don't get paid if the bus doesn't run, but not if she isn't well yet. If she doesn't go to school I've got mowing to do in the morning, if she does it will have to wait until tomorrow. Sounds like it will be too hot to mow this afternoon.

Time for more coffee. Happy Friday!
Old 06-29-2012, 06:21 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

"I'm leavin' on a jet plane" but not quite yet. I plan to take off in the red Focus in about 40 minutes after picking up a coffee at the Diner. I hate having to be at the airport two hours ahead for a flight that takes just 90 minutes but

Just in from a final watering of my poor struggling veggies. I hope they make it through the next 4 days. Up here is the Cold White North, we will be hotter than NJ. The Park is jammed with campers and there's a huge Canada Day celebration planned so the Village will be noisy. It's a good weekend to be away.

Not sure if I'll be checking in so behave yourselves. I have no intention of following my own advice, of course.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I thought you'd be at the airport already, Ruth. Have a safe trip and I'll see you soon!
Old 06-29-2012, 07:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Ruth and Cottage (and all the chickies) have a great weekend. I will be working until Monday. Not complaining as so far the AC is working here.

Just finished breakfast and will start a second cup of Joe soon.

Nothing new or exciting to report. Have a great day
Old 06-29-2012, 07:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Morning chicks!

Cottage - don't blame you at all! Although a zip line does sound like a lot of fun. Have a great time this weekend!

Cyndi - sounds like that would be tough....I do love having a salary!

Ruth- fly and drive safe and have a great time! (sneak in a camera for me!!)

Jennifer - Glad the A/C works...mine at work really struggles in the heat...it should be bad this afternoon!

I don't have to work until 2 today...so hopefully some housework done, and a bike ride before it heats up. Reesie also starts her next treatment (she was a superstar for her first!) today, just an oral pill for 4 days. So far, so good...
Old 06-29-2012, 07:35 AM   #7  
south beach dieter

S/C/G: 302/ticker/153

Height: 5'67"

hello beachers .tomorrow i will go to the beach(really) with some friends wasn't planed they just called me and asked if i will go( we will sleep in tent for one night)

so i really need help chicks with what to prepare fro dinner and lunch for the beach help me dunno what to prepare
Old 06-29-2012, 07:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

I am going to walk outside with my neighbors today, something I haven't done in, well, ages. At least since before I hurt my calf last November and stopped all cardio. I've only been back "walking" for about two weeks now so I hope this isn't too much but this is the first time they've gotten together since one moved away and it will be fun to catch up. But hot!

I might go with DH today when he takes his mom to run errands. This evening we have a retirement party where we only know the guest of honor and her boyfriend, who is my BIL. Not looking forward to it

The time has come to get back on PH1. I've been slipping more and more lately so can't say I'm maintaining any longer. It is sooooo easy to lose the good habits. And social eating lately has been killing me. I'm hoping I can get back on track with just a week this time.

Have a great day, all. Keep cool!
Old 06-29-2012, 07:54 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

We're getting ready to head to the pool...our last day here. Kirk did fantastic yesterday...the flotation action of the mineral water gave him a freedom he hasn't had for a month now. I told him when I feel certain he'll follow his new food plan on his own that he can come over and stay by himself for a week. The town has a van which will pick up handicapped travelers so he can get back and forth from the pool.

We brought all our own food to a picnic last night...good thing there was nothing much to eat OP for either of us.

Ruth, Linda, have a great meetup!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-29-2012, 09:10 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all! Just a quick swing by before I head out for my run. BIL is coming into town for the week. It is going to be a little challenging to figure out the food thing. DH said "You can't just feed him salads for a week". I think I'll start with some salmon burgers tonight - they can have them on buns, and I'll have mine...with a SALAD!!! haha.
My costume was well received at practice last night, so YAY for that. Tomorrow will be watching my DD at RenFaire, then chaperoning a pool party full of maidens and knights. Oh joy!
Have a good weekend and safe travels, all!
Closed Thread