Old 06-29-2012, 01:38 AM   #1  

Default Had My Weigh In and have Questions

I had my Weigh in and lost 5 lbs.. So I'm pretty Happy with that..

I had some question's and I'm getting NO NO NO..

I have been reading Thread after Thread her on the Forum and So I just going to ask the same question here..

Can you Use DaVinci Sugar Free Syrups.. I was told "NO"

Can you Use Unsweetened Kool-Aid.. I was told "NO"

I have read here on the From that DaVinci and Kool-Aid are IP Friendy..

It's not that I want to use these everyday, just something that I can have on hand if the desire happens...

And I understand that Foods need to be aspartame free and made with either Splenda or Stevia..

Thank You

Last edited by cathomp31; 06-29-2012 at 02:38 AM.
cathomp31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:11 AM   #2  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

I dont know anything about the syrup, but sugar free koolaid is a no...however, unsweetened koolaid is ok. You can sweeten with stevia. The sugar free is loaded with aspartame.
Longhorn Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:12 AM   #3  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Oh, and super WI, sorry meant to add that lol. 5# is great!
Longhorn Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:35 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
I dont know anything about the syrup, but sugar free koolaid is a no...however, unsweetened koolaid is ok. You can sweeten with stevia. The sugar free is loaded with aspartame.
I meant the Unsweetened.. What was I thinking...lol
Old 06-29-2012, 02:36 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
Oh, and super WI, sorry meant to add that lol. 5# is great!
Thank You...
Old 06-29-2012, 09:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/138/130

Height: 5'8"

IMHO the fewer extras you use, the better. A little Splenda now and then probably isn't going to stall your weight loss, but if you can do without it (and you CAN) why toy with the tried and true IP program.
bigpassport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #7  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

My coach advised me to have 6 or less "0/0/0 extras" a day. That includes Splenda, Stevia, WF, Miracle Noodles, Mio (Sucralose, aka Splenda), etc. Remember that just because something says "0 calories, 0 carbs" always assume it has 4 calories and 0.999999g carbs (that's what the FDA allows manufacturers to squeak by with and be called "zero", the only true absolutely zero item in IP is plain water).

It's good you know to avoid aspartame - most coaches allow Stevia and Splenda products. As for the kool aid, I know several folks have used it in some recipes, but not sure if it has ever been specifically cleared or denied by any particular coach, I c&p'd the nutritional info and ingredients for 1 type. The only thing I can really see fishy is the maltodextrin in the ingredient list, which may bring up the hidden calorie count to above 'true zero'? But again, even 1 Splenda packet has 4 calories and 0.9g carbs and a lot of coaches allow that (in moderation).

You should talk with your coach again and ask her WHY it's not allowed. That's the one thing I really like about my clinic, they not only give you the answer - they give you the solid reasoning behind it. Stick around long enough and you will see that a lot of coaches give differing advice based on 'personal opinion' more on fact.

KOOL-AID POWDERED - SOFT DRINK MIX - PEACH MANGO UNSWEETENED
Serving Size 1g
Servings per Container about 8
Calories 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Sodium 30mg
Total Carbohydrate 0g
Protein 0g
Vitamin C 10%
Ingredients: CITRIC ACID, MALTODEXTRIN, SALT, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C), NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, ARTIFICIAL COLOR, YELLOW 5, YELLOW 6, RED 40.
Size: 0.14 OZ

Oh, and I definitely have read that a lot of folks use the Davinci syrups that contain Sucralose with their coaches permission. My coach stressed to always check the labels and make sure it is not sweetened with aspartame, because some are and some aren't. And like bigpassport mentioned, if you can get by on fewer extras even better - although they can help expand the flavor profile on many items always be suspicious and log everything you eat! Some folks have a sensitivity and others have noted cravings being 'triggered' - just keep note and accountable.

Last edited by LizRR; 06-29-2012 at 10:23 AM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 155/155/125 (3/23 start)

Height: 5'2"

I agree with LizRR and bigpassport. I'm really trying not to even do the little "cheats" for as long as I can cause I know this is for the long term and I want the cravings to disappear. I want to enjoy the taste of veggies and water. With that said, I can't live without my MIO (at least 3x/day). My coach said as long as MIO water is half or less of my other water, it should be fine. I'm on day 5 and have lost 4.2 lbs so far. I'm kicking my unhealthy habits in the rear!!!

Last edited by alyssa80ryan; 06-29-2012 at 10:51 AM.
alyssa80ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #9  
Start date: 5/17/12

S/C/G: 188/172/135

Height: 5'6"

If we aren't supposed to have aspartame then why do the coaches say that Crystal Light is acceptable. It has aspartame in it
star2nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:17 PM   #10  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

You're supposed to use the Crystal Light w/o aspartame. The only one that fits the bill is the bottled crystal light drinks. They're hard to find, but are sweetened with sucralose (Splenda). I've never found a powdered one that doesn't have aspartame.

I have the DaVinci/Torani sugar-free syrups every now and then, and they're fine.

I haven't had any problems using Mio in my water. I use that every single day.

Some folks are more sensitive to sucralose than others. I've averaged a 3.3 pound per week loss over the past seven months.
SewingMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #11  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Just wanted to say, congrats on your 5lb loss!!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:21 PM   #12  
Start date: 5/17/12

S/C/G: 188/172/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
You're supposed to use the Crystal Light w/o aspartame. The only one that fits the bill is the bottled crystal light drinks. They're hard to find, but are sweetened with sucralose (Splenda). I've never found a powdered one that doesn't have aspartame.

I have the DaVinci/Torani sugar-free syrups every now and then, and they're fine.

I haven't had any problems using Mio in my water. I use that every single day.

Some folks are more sensitive to sucralose than others. I've averaged a 3.3 pound per week loss over the past seven months.
When you say sensitive to sucralose what do you mean? I use Splenda in my coffee with no issues. I didn't like Stevia at all
star2nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:40 PM   #13  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by star2nite View Post
When you say sensitive to sucralose what do you mean? I use Splenda in my coffee with no issues. I didn't like Stevia at all
Some people have reported low losses when using Mio & some of the other sugar free products. I haven't had any issues. I use Splenda in my coffee everyday too.
SewingMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:33 PM   #14  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Every coach is different, mine allows me to have all of the things you listed, also I can have sugar free gum, candy or mints. I have had these on occasion, I have the gum everyday. Like the others said if you use less of the "extras" you losses might be better BUT if it takes those "extra's" to keep you OP then I would use them....This is MY opinion only of course
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote