Goal! Have you reached your goal? Share your success story and celebrate your victory!

Old 06-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/130

Height: 5'3

Default One year of weight loss; one year of maintenance.

My pictures have been posted all over the internet at this point, but this place really helped me cope with some tough parts of my weight loss, so I felt like I should make a post here.

I'm 5'3/5'2.5, and I was 197-200 pounds starting off, and now I maintain somewhere between 127-133. It took me a little under a year to lose it, and I've spent the last year maintaining. And by maintaining, I mean undergoing a massive self-esteem transformation just as big as my physical one. I learned a lot about myself, and that to strive for skinny instead of healthy is a scary, dangerous mindset. I now no longer weigh or measure myself, and I try to help out women of all ages with body image and self-esteem.

This is where I was half a year ago:

Linked because underwear/bikini

This is about where I am now, after realizing that maintaining such a low weight had a poor effect on my social life and self-esteem:

Linked because NSFW again

That picture represents so much to me. It's specifically important for me because it signifies my journey of how I wanted to be super skinny, then found out how it was unhealthy and hurting me, and a year later, here I am. I don't weigh myself anywhere, I lead a balanced life, and yeah, while I'm not perfectly skinny, I am healthy. I feel good. It's a good message, I think.

To find out how I did it, check out my guide here: http://www.redhairandgirlyflair.com/...st-weight.html

And also, while I'm here, I'd also like to mention I've entered in a "real" women modeling contest looking for a body positive, healthy woman to promote better self-esteem. Please vote for me? (NSFW- underwear/bathing suit)

If you have any specific questions about my journey, or want more pictures, let me know!
criss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: hw175/145/140

Height: 5'6"

Great for you! I am also glad to read that you figured out the difference between being healthy and being skinny. Many women mistakenly seek being skinny in the guise of being healthy. Your story is wonderful.
Domlacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

Oh my god you look AMAZING!!!!! I am trying to look like that in a bikini. I am happy to hear that you have found a way to love yourself and be healthy at the same time. You are workin' the curves, girl! Keep up the good work!
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domlacha View Post
Great for you! I am also glad to read that you figured out the difference between being healthy and being skinny. Many women mistakenly seek being skinny in the guise of being healthy. Your story is wonderful.
Yes! I completely and wholeheartedly agree. It becomes a numbers game for many of us, and even if we don't start out that way, it's hard to not get caught up in it when everyone's making such a big fuss over it. "How much weight did you lose?" "What size pants are you now?"

It took me getting down to 124 and realizing that my warped my wasn't happy because my mind was, well, warped. So I had to change the way I saw myself instead of my body. I've gained peace since then.

Quote:
Oh my god you look AMAZING!!!!! I am trying to look like that in a bikini. I am happy to hear that you have found a way to love yourself and be healthy at the same time. You are workin' the curves, girl! Keep up the good work!
Eee! You have no idea how happy it makes me to hear you say I am rocking the curves. One of the reasons I even entered the contest I linked is because I had so many friends, co-workers, and family members telling me how "rail thin" I was, or how I was losing my curves. It was deeply upsetting.

Last edited by criss; 06-25-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #5  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

You look fantastic, but then again you seem to be one of those people that is beautiful no matter what they weigh. I am jealous

I really love how in your blog post you went into the mental side of weight loss. It's very jarring when people start commenting on your body, giving you advice, etc. that it's very easy to get off track.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:02 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
You look fantastic, but then again you seem to be one of those people that is beautiful no matter what they weigh. I am jealous

I really love how in your blog post you went into the mental side of weight loss. It's very jarring when people start commenting on your body, giving you advice, etc. that it's very easy to get off track.
I probably focus more on that than anything else. It IS very jarring and most people tend to make weight loss all about how happy they are, when the reality is that most of us have severe body dysmorphia and don't see what everyone else sees. Speaking of blog posts and body dysmorphia, I also wrote something on that as well: http://crissgetsfit.wordpress.com/20...losing-weight/

edit:
Also, beautiful no matter what I weigh? Haha, I think everyone thinks that about everyone- except themselves. :P

Last edited by criss; 06-25-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

You look incredible! And sontaikle is right, you were beautiful at your heavier weight too. We have fairly similar start/goal/height stats, and I will be thrilled if I look half as good as you do in a bikini!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:42 AM   #8  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

Thank you for posting your blog! I appreciate all of the awesome info you shared our I think you look fantastic!
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:47 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 317/292/150

Height: 5'3 ½

You look amazing and your story is wonderful.

I have definitely seen your before picture before, it may have been on tumblr.

I voted for you, good luck.
livelaughlovesunshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #10  

Height: 5'1

Wow, you look fantastic! Your guide is brilliant and I could relate to a lot of what you said and your opinions on things like calorie counting and daily weight ins. Well done on this journey! And I love the colour of your hair, it's stunning.

I started eating better and exercising properly on June 1st. I was doing daily weigh ins and calorie counting and it ended up badly because I was becoming obsessed with it. I became unmotivated because I wasn't seeing any results. So, yesterday I started again and made about another set goals and daily exercise routines. As long as I'm eating right, I won't be bothered if I miss a day of exercise. And as for moderation on unhealthier foods, I whole heartily agree! It is all about moderation. I've cut out fizzy drinks and snacking but for the most part of it but if I want something I will have it! There is no point on restricting myself because I'll end up going on a bringe.

Your guide was great and gave me some great tips! Thank you so much for posting your journey.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:40 PM   #11  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

You are beautiful inside and out! I especially enjoyed reading about the emotional and social side effects on your blog, something I wasn't able to cope with when I was younger and had lost a substantial amount of weight. I'll be re-entering that territory soon and appreciate reading multiple points of views on a subject that people often miss.

Thank you for posting this.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:10 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'5"

Wow you look stunning!! I wish I had a figure like that so good for you!
Elliemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #13  

I've seen your pictures all over - you look absolutely incredible girl!
neversettle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:27 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

Damn girl, you look good! I love, love, love sucess stories. I will go back & read your blog when I have more time but I just had to say "Way to go"!
Wisertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:43 PM   #15  
Golden Goose

S/C/G: 333/tracker/150

Height: 5'10

You're absolutely gorgeous, before and after! I hope I look half as good as that when I'm done losing weight. (:
Slush is offline   Reply With Quote