Old 06-25-2012, 10:31 PM   #1  
Joined IP 6/11/12

S/C/G: 260/170/175

Height: 5'8"

Default Survived a week of business travel in my 2nd IP week!!

Well, thanks for the tips, everyone! I survived my second week of IP being in Nashville for a week of business travel. Here's stuff I came up with:
1. Starbucks coffee cups make great impromptu shakers in a meeting. cappuchino drink with ice water (usually provided at a meeting), cover BOTH holes (the little vent hole in the middle WILL spew...just sayin!! lol), and voila, no obvious "shaker" sighting in the meeting room. worked great!
2. bottled water- slam down half a 16.9oz bottle, pour in your packet, shake and enjoy! Again, unobtrusive and easy!
3. use a bar for your afternoon snack, if applicable. No one looks at someone eating a bar.
4. crispy cereal is THE breakfast of business travel champions. Use your shaker if you have it, drink it down if no spoon.
5. Restuarants will work with you more than I expected. I just joked with them and told them I would die if I ate more than 900 calories or had sugar, butter or oil in my food. treated it like a food allergy.
6. Get a bottle of water and then refill it during the day. easy to keep up with H2O that way. 4 bottles = roughly 64 oz!
7. A week of business travel and STILL lost 4.2 pounds at weigh in!!!!!!
Woo Hoo!!!!
Hope some of you find a tip of two!!! Just returning the favors!
ChileheadKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:38 PM   #2  
Started IP 3/11/2012

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160?

Height: 5' 8"

Excellent tips. I'm a big fan of the crispy cereal, even at home.
Way to go with keeping on plan while traveling!!
momof2greatcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:45 PM   #3  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Way to go Ken, glad it all worked out so well, and congrats on the great loss!
Longhorn Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:47 PM   #4  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

To you for staying on plan! You will have amazing success going forward because you are in the "NO EXCUSES ZONE". Bravo!!!!
redhead14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #5  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileheadKen View Post
Well, thanks for the tips, everyone! I survived my second week of IP being in Nashville for a week of business travel. Here's stuff I came up with:
1. Starbucks coffee cups make great impromptu shakers in a meeting. cappuchino drink with ice water (usually provided at a meeting), cover BOTH holes (the little vent hole in the middle WILL spew...just sayin!! lol), and voila, no obvious "shaker" sighting in the meeting room. worked great!
2. bottled water- slam down half a 16.9oz bottle, pour in your packet, shake and enjoy! Again, unobtrusive and easy!
3. use a bar for your afternoon snack, if applicable. No one looks at someone eating a bar.
4. crispy cereal is THE breakfast of business travel champions. Use your shaker if you have it, drink it down if no spoon.
5. Restuarants will work with you more than I expected. I just joked with them and told them I would die if I ate more than 900 calories or had sugar, butter or oil in my food. treated it like a food allergy.
6. Get a bottle of water and then refill it during the day. easy to keep up with H2O that way. 4 bottles = roughly 64 oz!
7. A week of business travel and STILL lost 4.2 pounds at weigh in!!!!!!
Woo Hoo!!!!
Hope some of you find a tip of two!!! Just returning the favors!
Awesome, Chiliheadken! Thanks for these tips! I'm in the midst of a 10 day travel for family, etc. and I'm also in my 2nd week of IP. It's challenging but I'm managing to stay OP though it all. Congrats to you on your loss!
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:12 PM   #6  
Started IP 6/14

S/C/G: 171.1/165.8/135

Height: 5'4"

Great tips! What did you do for lunch veggies? I know you gave restaurant tips, but did you have any working lunches where food was brought in or in a cafeteria?
jules26965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:26 PM   #7  
Joined IP 6/11/12

S/C/G: 260/170/175

Height: 5'8"

Oh yea, forgot the veggie tips:
Subway salads! $5 and available most everywhere and I got lettuce and veggies in. tomatoes (1/2 cup only since restricted for the week), cucumbers, pickles, all 3 peppers(bell, banana, jalapeno), and spinach. In the meeting itself, I just asked for a large salad of lettuce only and the side veggie (if cooked without the "goodies") due to "dietary restrictions". You don't have to give details. worked great! And i brought a small shaker of sea salt and seasoning mix with me in my briefcase!
ChileheadKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:08 AM   #8  
Started IP 6/14

S/C/G: 171.1/165.8/135

Height: 5'4"

Ahhhh I never thought of Subway...and my husband likes it to for vacation travel Thank you!
jules26965 is offline   Reply With Quote