Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 08:35 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Thursday, August 28

Good Morning,

Ahhhhhh what a nice day here, perfect ! Plus no boss

Time to brew a pot of coffee ... bbl <-- love that guy.

Hugs
Old 08-28-2003, 09:01 AM   #2  
CIN

Default Happy Thursday!

Hello Ladies,
Looks like another hot day.Looking forward to a cool front moving in this weekend.

Anyone have any special Labor Day Plans? My hubby's BD is Sat. so I invited the "clan" all over for dinner! What was I thinking about? Of course we will have a good time but I will do all the work! I did ask HIS Mother to bake him a cake!

The crowds at WW have been large in number. I had 105 members in a so called "express" meeting last night. Imagine that! Everyone for the most part likes Flexpoints!

I am heading out for about a 45 min walk to get myself off to a good start.I am more conscious about what goes in the mouth when I have walked first!

Hope everyone checks in today. Have a great day!

Cin
Old 08-28-2003, 09:13 AM   #3  
Average White Girl

I'm going to a weight watchers meeting after work to find out more about this flex points business. I'm doing winning points now, but I think I"ll like this better. We'll see
Old 08-28-2003, 09:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Chickadees!

Leens, I'm glad your boss is gone today, but mine will be here all day so I can't play too long!

Cin - enjoy your walk! Tell Hubby Happy Birthday from me! I just realized me and my hubby are celebrating our 24th wedding anniversary on Sept 1 - good thing I remembered huh! LOL

Alte - please let us know how the meeting goes and how you like the flexpoints!

I will be busy at work today and then I have to leave at 1:00 to go pick up my youngest son at school (45 minutes away) and come back into town (45 minutes back) to get his immunization shots, then head back home. Gee I sure am glad that gas is so cheap right now - NOT! LOL

Going to grab my 2nd cup of coffee!

Hope everybody has a great day!

Does anybody want to join Leens and I on the food journal thread?

hugs,
Cathy
Old 08-28-2003, 10:55 AM   #5  

Leens I can send my boss to you if you want. Sometimes I can't make that man leave!

Cin I hope you have a good time. I sure it is a hoot when you get the whole bunch together.

Cathy my hubby drove in from Houston last night and said that they are working on the interstate over your way and he was stuck in it for some time. Are they repaving or making it wider? Do you know?

I made a new tuna dip recipe I found on the net last night and oh my goodness, it is awesome. It is almost fat free and it is high in protein. This is going to me something I make more ofter.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:28 AM   #6  

Kemp, if he was coming in from Houston, I would imagine he was coming in on Interstate 10. They are repaving that road. But we live right off of Highway 171, which is still 2 lanes right now, but they are widening it to 4 lanes and boy what a mess! But in a few years it will be really nice! ;-)

I'm sure your hubby did get stuck in traffic around Lake Charles. The traffic has been really crazy - almost like Houston to me!

Hey, share the tuna dip recipe with us kemp - it sounds too good to keep to yourself!

hugs,
cathy
Old 08-28-2003, 12:28 PM   #7  

Tuna Dip

In a food prccessor combine:

1/2 small onion
pickels (how ever many you would like to add)
2 tsp. garlic
one whole lemon, juiced

once that is diced add in:

1 8oz package of FF cream cheese
1/4 C FF cottage cheese
3 cans tuna , drained I used albacore b/c I like the taste better

salt and pepper to taste, I used Tony's instead b/c I like a kick.

Cream it all together and serve chilled.

a serving is 1/2 C, it has about 21g Protien and 135 cals

I really love this stuff. I have it for my snack for today and I almost can't wait until then. I am going to add more pickels next time and maybe a hard boiled egg and some celery.
Old 08-28-2003, 01:02 PM   #8  

Thanks a bunch Kemp!
I just copied it and printed it and I'm gonna try it soon!
sounds good!
hugs,
Cathy
Old 08-28-2003, 02:57 PM   #9  

Hi everyone.....it looks like it's going to be a nice day here.....it started out foggy....then overcast.....but now I see some blue sky out there.

Am doing better with my eating plan the last few days....not much else going on here....just some cleaning & laundry.

Is anyone reading East of Eden?....Oprah is having that book for her book club in September....I have started reading it....so far...it is good.

Cin.....hope you enjoyed your walk today.

Cathy....your son is in school already.....here....school starts next week.

April
Old 08-28-2003, 04:37 PM   #10  

I woke up this morning and I was coming outta the bathroom and my mom walked down the hallway and told me that we had a death in the family

apparently my uncle steve (59) died. no cause of death determined yet.. they are doing the autopsy today. they found him on his back porch in a lawn chair (my aunt did) she was at work

the coroner said he was there for about 8-9 hours passed away.. rigamortis (sp?) had set in and he was leaning/crouched in the chair.. guess it wasn't a pretty sight *sih*

devestating news for me today. I got the wake on sunday and burial is on monday
Old 08-28-2003, 05:05 PM   #11  
2006 - Panda Remix

Annex,

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you get through the wake and funeral okay.

Best wishes

Amanda xx
Old 08-28-2003, 08:50 PM   #12  
Divine Gal

that sounds great Kemp
Closed Thread