South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 06:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Weekend Beaching Daily for 6/23-24

Good morning! The sun is shining brightly after the all the rain overnight that brought us some relief from the heatwave. I have the AC off and windows open and it's not too bad in here.

I think Jake and I are going to the diner for breakfast before picking up a few groceries, and I'll probably spend the rest of the morning at Mom & Dad's. Other than that, we'll just let the day unfold as it may. I'll have a pretty full weekend next week with some very special friends, so I'm content just having a quiet one this week.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:42 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Weekend Chat - June 23 & 24

Good morning! I'm just in from watering the back garden. The weatherfolk keep predicting rain but it isn't happening. After another coffee (Newmans!) I will get the last of the plants into the ground. I just happened to spot some wistful cabbage and pepper plants when I was shopping yesterday and ...

This time next week, I'll be in NJ having coffee with a 3FC friend and will be seeing others later over the weekend. I am sooo looking forward to it. Every September I groan about feeling I've not had a summer but this year is different. I still am as busy as ever but am scheduling relaxing, fun stuff! Too bad most of them involve food and drink!

I have to go to a birthday party tonight where they are serving Chinese take-out, BBQ ribs and ice cream cake. Pray for me! It's for Doreen, one of my reluctant gym buddies, so I really can't opt out. It's down at the Diner and there will be a cast of thousands so maybe nobody will notice what I eat or don't eat.

Sometimes I think dieting would be easier if I were a hermit!

How's your weekend shaping up? Come and chat a bit.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:45 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Posting together once again! Have a quiet weekend, Linda, because next weekend ... And, yes, I'm bringing a bathing suit. J. may have to drug me to get me to put it on but ... It's been about six years since I swam but I used to love it.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:57 AM   #4  

No problem, Ruthie. I think both Gracie and Carley can persuade you into your swimsuit.
That birthday dinner sounds pretty decadent! Did Doreen pick the menu of all her favorite things? Have fun and try to be good and wish Doreen a Happy Birthday for me.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:06 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Well, it's probably what she would have chosen but Bob did it. I offered to bring a salad but ... Doreen seems to think that her wee bit of gentle exercise at the gym allows her to eat more! Not a good thing.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning ladies!

Cottage - I'm glad we decided to open the windows last night - it's a beautiful morning. Sounds like a nice, laid back weekend.

Ruth - ohhhhhh, I'd have to eat a full meal before going there!! Good luck not indulging too much in all those goodies. We're all (well, at least I am!) hoping to see pics from next weekend!

It is a gorgeous morning out! I have the pup happily next to me on the couch....she had her first chemo treatment yesterday, and was a superstar! It hasn't affected her in the least, which makes me very happy. Now, for those tumors to shrink....

It is gardening and such on the schedule today. My DH said there is a big sale at a local nursery, and conveniently...it is in the town with the community garage sale! We need to start landscaping the front yard, he did a fantastic job at putting a fancy border up (even the dentist down the road complimented him!). And then, some friends from church over tonight for game night.

Mmmm...coffee is ready!
Old 06-23-2012, 07:29 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

We had a great day yesterday as Kirk is enjoying remarkable progress since the diagnosis of gout. It's a learning experience because even though his new food choices are very similar to SBD there are several things he's not supposed to eat which would seem to be good choices....mushrooms, cauliflower, asparagus....My goal is getting him up to speed so that he can learn to make his own choices. He was always a high protein guy and now he's really supposed to limit protein, especially from meat sources.

Anyway, off to work...it's my early day.

Have a great start to your weekends everyone!
Old 06-23-2012, 07:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Comfortable morning here too. Looking forward to the game tonight, but have a few things to take care of first. Nothing big, just spinning, picking up dog poops and weeding. I haven't been eating clean most of the work and I feel the difference. Today should be the last challenging day. I am not going to weigh myself for a few days just as not to upset myself.

Have a great day, love having the windows open and hearing the birds
Old 06-23-2012, 08:05 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning! Yesterday felt like Saturday to me; I wonder what today will feel like

I might try today's yoga class again. Last time I did that on a Saturday, there was a sub so I have no idea if I'll like the actual instructor. I'm pretty finicky about yoga. It took me years of off and on attempts to find someone I like. She's much more "stretching and strength" than "zen" IMO.

I work this evening. Hopefully it will be busy with the sidewalk side but not crazy since at the end of the evening there will only be two of us and one, me, will have to be standing outside with all the clothes. We put so much out there that the store walls are bare and people have been asking if we are moving! It echos.

I've been over-eating fruit again. Sigh. I do soooo love summer fruit. But the calories can add up and I tend to eat less veggies and protein this way and I do best when I get those in consistently.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:11 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Made a quick run to NY again, this time to see my DB and family. I haven't seen them since last summer and can't wait to see my nieces! They are moving back to NY as soon as they sell their house in VA.

Debbie - so glad to hear things are improving for Kirk and you!
Old 06-23-2012, 08:42 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 263/214/157

Height: 5'2"

Smile

Good Morning chicks!

It has been a busy stressful week at work. I am glad to have a day off. I am working on my first cup of coffee and I have the dishes started. We will be going into town later to run some errands. We will probably eat out and I have a plan of what to eat. Now I just need to stick to my plan. It seems like every time I try to plan ahead they change the menu on me and I end up having to make a snap decision when I get there anyway. I ate some food with wheat in it last weekend and I am still paying for it with joint pain. I will be extra careful with what I eat today.

See you on the Beach!
Old 06-24-2012, 06:44 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Good day morning and we have slightly cooler weather at last. I found it pretty darned hot in the garden yesterday. Came in around four to clean up and discovered the hot water tank had kicked out yet again! Grrr! It happens every time we have a power blip and I must start checking it after that happens.

The birthday party was horrible foodwise. However, I got to serve the cake and ice cream which turned me off enough that I wasn't tempted. I tried to eat abstemiously and am only up a half pound this morning - water weight, I hope. Clean eats today - I turned down a lunch invitation and will try to get a good grip on myself before the strawberry social at 5.

My young neighbour went fishing yesterday morning and got a good catch of bass - opening day for the season. He is a real sweetie and presented me with some beautifully cleaned and filletted fish. I am thinking of making some sort of fish salad or chowder. I need to eat more fish and canned tuna is getting old. Battered and deep fried is yummy but ...

Church at 8:30 followed by a serious discussion of finances. We have a very small congregation and two of our folks have moved away in the past year so things are way too tight. Since we are designated heritage (1811), there is lots of upkeep but the dear government doesn't pay for it - just gives us a plaque and makes rules! There's a limit to how many bake sales and other fund raisers can be done by a small congregation. My heart is heavy because I can see the handwriting on the wall!

Anyhow, on with the day. There's lots of hot water today so a good hot shower is first on the agenda. I just may get some more gardening done this afternoon too. A busy - and short - week ahead so I need to get a handle on it.

Enjoy this glorious day.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:46 AM   #13  

Good Sunday Morning! I have to leave in a few minutes to drive over to NJ to get Carley and bring her out for the day. Monica will come out later this afternoon to get her.

BBL!
Old 06-24-2012, 07:11 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. The game was awesome!! Traffic leaving Citifield was not!! Everyone is still sleeping except me and the dogs. I was pretty good considering you can now have cannolis at a baseball game. I could not get over the choices. There was a market that served fruit and sushi. By the time I was ready to eat I elected for a chipotle chicken sandwich. At least the cheese may have been OP. Otherwise I ate clean before, worked out and stuck with water, so not too terrible considering the choices.

Not sure what is on the agenda, maybe a quiet day at home. Enjoy the day it's gorgeous here and hopefully where you are too.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:52 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

mornin'

UGH! I woke up at 6 am, disappointed as always, then actually fell back asleep until 7:30 am, which is just short of a miracle. But now I'm so groggy and foggy that I'm not sure it was worth it!

I get to help with the kid's church today (just an assistant, thank goodness), then a barbeque after. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to bring a dish or not...if I do, the red bean, feta and pepper salad sounds good to me! Then it's time to do more landscaping.

Ruth - great job last night. I'm sorry to hear about your church. We have a little church around the corner that's really struggling. A friend/client is the pastor, and our neighbor is the lay minister. It is tough.

Cottage - Have fun!

Jekel - glad you had a great time!

PHEW! Coffee is done!
Closed Thread