Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 04:45 PM   #1  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Talking Slow Dancing With A Stranger {12} "Serenade Into Summer"

Hi Everyone
Consider the following scenarios. If more than one apply to you, this just might be the thread you've been searching for:

This diet/lifestyle change is such a slow process for me, even losing 0.5 lbs or 1kg is a struggle.
I am frequently changing up different foods in my plan because what I ate worked last week, but it's not working this week.
One week, I ate everything on plan and gained weight, but another week I pigged out and LOST! WTH??
I've been at a plateau for so long, it's my new middle name!
I do ____ for exercise, but my body becomes used to the workout, and I am frequently having to switch up my routine to continue to see results.
I have been On Plan for so many days/weeks/months without seeing a downward scale movement, I'm ready to QUIT!

Well, before you rush right off and toss your stilettos, platforms, pumps, or boots in the closet, come have a "Slow Dance" with me! I often feel like I am a stranger in my own body, because I am constantly having to change up food and exercise and my scale still doesn't budge. This is not a challenge, but more of a daily accountability, support group, & learning experience all rolled up in one!

I will start a new thread once a month to reflect progress, accomplishments, and/or set backs! Feel free to post food choices, exercise routines, motivational words of wisdom, or anything else you feel lead to share.

Disclaimer: If you lose weight quickly and easily and have it all figured out, this is NOT the thread for you!

So, without further adieu....
May I have this dance?
Old 05-31-2012, 04:52 PM   #2  
~Krystal~

This week's weight: 145.2
I'm attempting the gym for later today.
I keep my plans!

Star: I'm so glad you and your parents are having a great time! However, shopping does not sound like too much fun to me atm.
Funny thing...I used to LOVE to go shopping. Now, I hate it!

Alaskan: I had cake for you yesterday. I hope I am not getting back into that cake fetish I adopted last year!
Old 05-31-2012, 05:52 PM   #3  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Thanks Krystal

Are you telling me that I have passed you K? I am between 144-144.5 lbs; my scale only reports in 0.5 pound increments...and based what my dr's office scale measured; for 20 year old scale it is spot on -- This is a monumental day for me I have been lifting and doing abs. I am feeling weak though. I have been eating around 1400 calories and I think I need to up that a bit.

My body is a mess... I have had a sore foot, bottom of it. I don't know it is ligament, tendon or even stress fracture. It has gotten worse over the past 6-8 weeks. I walked today and I think I was favoring it, and now my back is completely messed up. Chiro is of course closed on Thursdays My kids are looking at me with pity because I am limping about the house -- I have taken about 20000 steps today; walking and cleaning... I think it is a glass of wine time

Everyone have a beautiful night
Old 06-01-2012, 12:32 AM   #4  
~Krystal~

Kristiina! You have finally passed me!
I'm not surprised. I've been eating cake all week
If this cake fetish has returned, I'll go mad!!

I kept my word to myself and got back to the gym tonight.
It felt really good! I did a combo of everything--arms, legs, cardio, & stretching. 85 min 597 cals--not too bad, but it doesn't make up for eating poorly all week.

I'm hoping this next week brings better choices for me.
for me returning to the gym 3 days/week!

Happy Weekend everyone.
I work again.
Yaaaa me {{NOT}}
Old 06-01-2012, 01:41 AM   #5  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i am exhausted and sore again tonight...i feel like i just pushed myself mentally and physically too hard this week...coming back from the camping trip chilled, cold and wet was difficult...going directly into house cleaning and laundry wasn't too bad but then going into a difficult week at work was killer busy days, long days, closing out my classroom for the year, end of year paperwork, a thousand details, emotional kids, unreliable staff....ughhhh

im still incredibly sore from running on tuesday...ive never felt like this before and im not sure why either...ive been doing an hour of incline walking the rest of the days, really pushing myself on the hills and inclines as well...

today i had my only staff person show up a half hour late, which in our work is critical to be on time, and THEN my supervisor asked her to go to another school for the afternoon instead, which she couldnt do due to car troubles, so then *I* had to go help the other school, putting me hours behind on the last day of school in terms of closing out the classroom and finishing paperwork

i am EXHAUSTED...thank god i had put a crockpot soup in this morning so i didnt have to cook dinner...DH would have cooked though, if i needed him to, he's good about helping like that

tomorrow im going to try going even earlier to the gym, like 630 a.m. so i can be to work around 8 a.m....we'll see how that goes

ive been really staying away from grains and sugars this week...i think my body's having a hard time adjusting to that also...because i had WAYYY too much sugar while camping...i need to get back to a lower carb way of eating
Old 06-01-2012, 07:08 AM   #6  
Fat to Fab and Fit

It is either cake or pizza with you Do I need to dip below 140 before you get mad enough at yourself?

Eating bad is a horrid cycle.... Somehow I have been able to stick with good foods.

Sending you
Old 06-01-2012, 07:45 AM   #7  

Hey there everyone
TGIF
I am looking forward to a (hopefully) relaxing weekend.
Same stuff different week here for me, not much to report. I have been doing the metabolism reset for over 3 weeks now. I feel a-ma-zing.
Still rocking the weight lifting, I am in week 5 of my program. I am starting to notice some nice results a I like it
I know I am pushing myself with the weights because I am sore after almost every single workout. Poor DH is getting tired of giving me massages in a different place every other day
Sum, you are doing awesome! Hope your foot resolves itself quickly.
Krystal, glad you made it back to the weight room, that will make you feel better for sure. Just gotta get your groove back, you can do it.
Star, glad you had a good time with your parents! Congrats on your weight loss!
Alaskan, sounds like you need to take a mental and physical health break. Hope things calm down for you soon.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #8  
~Krystal~

I was up at 6am after going to bed at 3:30am!
River had another acute episode of GI upset, so I took her to the vet at 7am (when they opened) then again at 8am (when the vet came in).
They ended up keeping her in the office after she had another sudden, acute episode while I was talking to the vet.
She did a fecal exam in office, which was negative. She will send a spec off for extensive parasite testing today, & I'll have the results tomorrow.

I was glad she had the episode in office so that the vet could see what I was referring to when I told her it was sudden--an incontinent-type thing, which is rare for River.

My poor baby looked so pitiful. She was so embarrassed. She had her big head down and her eyes were heavy and sad looking. She thought she was in major trouble. All I could do was comfort her 56lb self and reassure her she was ok.

She did NOT want to stay there either. When the assistant put their leash on her to lead her to the back, she was pulling at it trying to get back to me
Ok, I know I'm a nurse and all, but that is my baby. I wanted so much to stay with her.

I wish this had happened at the beginning of the week, when I was off. Instead of waiting until Friday--when I have to work! Their office is open on Saturday's, but it seems as though many medical things take place on Friday's for some reason--when it has to seem "Emergent", when it's probably not.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #9  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Just a quick note....my midlife crisis are here. I bought red mini cooper with white racing stripes. Woot!

My kids are....yikes mom! Why can't we have a normal car?
Old 06-01-2012, 03:31 PM   #10  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Aww That is so sad Krystal! I hope they will find out soon what is bugging her.

Last edited by Sum38; 06-01-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Just a quick note....my midlife crisis are here. I bought red mini cooper with white racing stripes. Woot!

My kids are....yikes mom! Why can't we have a normal car?
my kids would be all for it! Racing stripes and all!
Old 06-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
I was up at 6am after going to bed at 3:30am!
River had another acute episode of GI upset, so I took her to the vet at 7am (when they opened) then again at 8am (when the vet came in).
They ended up keeping her in the office after she had another sudden, acute episode while I was talking to the vet.
She did a fecal exam in office, which was negative. She will send a spec off for extensive parasite testing today, & I'll have the results tomorrow.

I was glad she had the episode in office so that the vet could see what I was referring to when I told her it was sudden--an incontinent-type thing, which is rare for River.

My poor baby looked so pitiful. She was so embarrassed. She had her big head down and her eyes were heavy and sad looking. She thought she was in major trouble. All I could do was comfort her 56lb self and reassure her she was ok.

She did NOT want to stay there either. When the assistant put their leash on her to lead her to the back, she was pulling at it trying to get back to me
Ok, I know I'm a nurse and all, but that is my baby. I wanted so much to stay with her.

I wish this had happened at the beginning of the week, when I was off. Instead of waiting until Friday--when I have to work! Their office is open on Saturday's, but it seems as though many medical things take place on Friday's for some reason--when it has to seem "Emergent", when it's probably not.
I swear, if my kids are going to get sick or injured, you can bet it will happen on a Friday after hours. Murphy's Law or something.
I hope it is something easily treatable! Poor baby.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:22 PM   #13  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Totally shagadelic!
Old 06-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #14  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Krystal - How can you not like to shop?!? I am in utter awe! You have such a fabulous body, I would think you would love it more than me!
I am so sorry to hear of your baby girl - sure do hope they are able to get her better SUPER soon for you

Kristiina - Holy mini-cooper! That is so cool!!!! New car to rock the new figure you have worked so hard on

Jo - So glad you are feeling so jazzed by the new eating for metabolism!!!! Also very happy the lifting is going so well for you! Amazing how even later on we can already "look" like new people, but continue to mix it up into yet another great feeling .... you did awesome with weight loss, but still feeling anew due to the lifting and new diet.... love the ever- evolving process!

Alaskan - Hope you feel better soon
Old 06-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #15  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i am feeling better today....had a good night's sleep...spent the day setting up the summer program, which means i spent the whole day doing spreadsheets on my work laptop...i hate sitting down all day

knowing that i had to work this morning, i got up at 6 a.m. and went to the gym...had a good workout but a bit shorter (45 min instead of 60) because i didnt want to be running late...i actually liked working out early although i could tell i was a little more tired AND i had forgotten to eat before i went so i was working out on an empty stomach

lots of drama at work...our supervisor of 3-4 years announced his resignation effective end of june...this should be interesting...lots of backstory there that i wont go into

got off work earlier than usual....had car troubles but fixed it...my radiator keeps leaking out the antifreeze ...let the kids pick what's for dinner

interesting that since i stopped alot of my carbs (really grains mostly, i still have been eating fruit), my appetite has decreased ALOT and so have almost all cravings for sugars....interesting...
Closed Thread