Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 06-16-2012, 11:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245 / 189 / 170

Height: 5"4

Default Pizza fixings! 413 cal pizza & 472 burrito (huge)

I recently picked up 180 calorie mission 96% fat free large burrito tortillas. Now, there are several other types of tortillas with less calories however I find that they don't crisp well out of what I've tried. However you can certainly use smaller ones, these 2 recipes are almost too filling to eat !

I used to make pizza all the time with jiffy, lots of cheese and ragu. I switched to turkey pepperoni a long time ago so I know it taste very good ! I went searching for a replacement to my nearing 900-calorie pizzas... and here we go!

I'm a huge ragu fan but it's got 90 calories in a serving so that was the first thing I looked for. it needed to taste as good. The Classico pasta sauce is 50 caloties and delicious and I bought a 3 pack at sams so great price !

First the pizza ! This has 413 calories, and it's seriously big. I personally do not count such small amounts of veggies in my daily intake but this will be a. it more if you do.

1 mission 96% fat free large burrito tortilla (180)
10 pieces Hormel Turkey Pepperoni (40)
1 slice Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Ham (8)
3/4 cup mix of fat free Kraft shredded cheddar & motzerella (135)
1/2 cup tomato & basil Classico pasta sauce (50)
1 large mushroom
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
1/2 cup jarred chopped jalapeņos

the best way I've found to make my pizzas is with a large round pan that has holes all over. It crisp nicely with these pans so this is what I've used for my pizza. You may need to adjust heat and times

Place tortilla in 350-degree oven until it just starts to crisp. Remove and spread on sauce, make sure you spread the sauce to the very edges to protect from burning and add other fixings in the order you prefer. I personall ly put on half the cheese, toppings, more cheese, and then rip up that lil piece of ham and put it ontop so it gets super crisp!

Place back in oven. Cook until pizza cheese melts and toppings reach desired doneness. May need to turn down heat halfway through to avoid burning tortilla.

cut and eat! it's ALL yours ! I love it with a tablespoon of light hidden valley ranch (40 calories)~

CHICKEN BURITOS;
here's something else that I make all the time. it's actually something I've made long before dieting, they're simple an fun and delish and easy and FILLING

5.5oz boneless skinless chicken. I use thighs. I get them at sams. they have 110/4oz. (165)
1 96% fat free mission large buritto (180)
garlic powder
seasoned salt
black pepper
lemon pepper
oregeno
paprika
1 tbsp Kraft fat free Italian ceaser dressing (12)
1/2 tbsp country crock light butter (25)
Pam butter spray
1/4 of a med. bell pepper, sliced
1/4 of a small onion, sliced
3 med. mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup chopped tomato
1/2 cup chopped lettuce
2 tbsp guacamole / avacado (50) (you can get away with 1) (optional)
1 tbsp light hidden valley ranch (40) (optional)

Again I don't count these amounts of veggies in my diet.

Start by using your hands to cost the chicken in the Italian dressing. gross but best method. season liberally with all seasonings listed, there really is no specific amount. Just cover both sides!

Spray large skillet liberally with butter flavored Pam and add 1/2 a tbsp of the light butter. Heat until just melted and place chicken in, cooking on high heat. do not move around the pan or check frequently; with such little amounts of butter and no oil you need to keep it hit and still to form a very light crust. 5-10 minutes per side.

Meanwhile place all veggies in another skillet sprayed liberally with Pam on med heat, sprinkle with pepper & salt, cook until desired doneness

prepare avacado / guacamole; mash up avacado in a bowl. add 1/2 tsp garlic powder, pinch of salt and pepper. stir well. there will be a lot of this left over to give to someone else.

when chicke is done, cut into slices.

place tortilla in microwave for 30 seconds to warm up.

add all toppings and chicken. fold and enjoy! tip: I wrap a paper towel around the end of the burrito. much easier to eat.

you will likely have a bit too much chicken to put it all on the burrito so you may cook less or do what I do and just eat it in the side. the chicken is very delicious all on its own. this is such a large burrito that I'm stuffed for hours !
Alyj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I love using flatout light in the same way as a tortilla by baking at 350 to crisp it then topping and baking a little longer. I often end up with 300 calorie pizzas - flatout light is big and only 90 calories!
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:20 PM   #3  
Greg Zaitsev

Great idea about round pan with holes all over it! I am using the same one, I think

Just one more suggestion: If you feel like making your own pizza dough, you can make it with buckwheat flour or even make your own "oatmeal" flour in a blender. Oatmeal flour is my favorite one: Lots of fiber and less calories.
easyfoodplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:10 AM   #4  

I'll have to look out for the Flatout stuff. I true some other tortillas called artisan something that were 100 calories and huge and they're okay as burritos but when trying to make pizza they just did that weird thing where it's technically crispy but also tough? so it wasn't very good no matter how long I crisped it I was excited for them too.

I'll also have to try making my own dough sometime ! usually by the time I go to cook my fiance is crying about food and I take the quick route haha
Old 06-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

These tortillas are my fave!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mama-Lupe-....5-oz/10535523

They crisp up really nice and are low carb.. but do NOT have that funny after taste that some low carb wraps have. I have even used these to make tacos... so yummy!
Jonsgurl0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:17 PM   #6  

woah thos are big and only 60 calories!! damn. I searched an there aren't any walmarts within 50 miles of me that have em.