South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-18-2012, 09:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Default Phase 2 stall out...

I need some motivation here. I moved to Phase II and my weight loss has hit a plateau for the last 3 weeks. I think I've been a little lose with my planning, but I'm not eating off plan (except for my wine - which I confessed to on another thread).
I really haven't added in grains, and I've only added in things like blackberries in the morning, or an occasional apple with peanut butter. Is is possible that I'm not eating enough? Or do you find that an occasional drop back to Phase 1 is the way to get the scale moving again.
The last time I did South Beach, I lost about 15 lbs, and then stopped. I don't want to do that this time, especially since I started 12 lbs higher than last time!
Thanks in advance.
Cate
CatMat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Maybe post a couple of menus and people can see if anything obvious jumps out? Your weight loss may be slower because you don't have a lot to lose but it should get moving again soon.

ETA - I was always a great plateau then whoosh loser so I feel your pain.

Last edited by CyndiM; 06-18-2012 at 09:31 AM.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Just looked at your meal plan today and nothing jumped out at me. Maybe someone else will have suggestions. It might just take your body a little while to adjust to Phase 2. Hopefully you have a big whoosh in your future. Sometimes we just have to remember how much better we feel eating this way and wait it out, frustrating as it can be
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Thanks! I'm going to post my menus in the OP thread. I'm also getting serious about making wine an occasional indulgence. It might be the culprit! Also, I think I probably need to add in some core/strengthening exercises on the days that I don't work on my C25K running plan.
CatMat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 189/173/147

it looks if you are not having any grains and very little fruit that your body may have just got used to what you have and you may need to add a little more. but i am not an expert so i don't really kn ow are you drinking enough water , when i was on dukan my weight stalled if i did not drink enough
slimbysummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

In response to your question, it is certainly possible that you are not eating enough. Our bodies very quickly adjust to drops in calories, thinking that we might be "starving," and our metabolisms slow. However, that might not be the case, either, just possible. Keep in mind that if you are exercising, you are burning off more calories!

I've done SB from PH1 several times and my loss slows significantly. Like you, I've never had a lot to lose. One thing you might try is measuring yourself; sometimes you lose inches but the scale doesn't budge. But sometimes it just takes patience. Unfortunately.

When I am on a plateau and have looked at my menu to be sure I'm still doing everything right (because I still have to make a very conscious effort to eat veggies), sometimes I find I can get unstuck by varying my intake over the course of a week. I learned about this many years ago when I was on WW original points plan. The idea is to eat more one day, less another day, etc, to keep your body guessing.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Cat, this happened to me too. Seemed it took weeks to lose just a pound. For me it was patience and mixing things up a little. I also found I wasn't being completely honest with myself. Some of my indulgences, albeit not in the portions or frequencies I used to, were stalling me. Now I really try to plan. I call them super clean days before and after. This way I do not feel guilty when I "vacation" for a day. This week it is a Yankee game on Saturday and I am not worried. Also, it helped me to think of plateauing as being on maintenance. After all as long as the numbers were not going up I was thrilled!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote