Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 10:16 AM   #1  

Default Recommitted

I am recommitting today to my weight loss program. I signed on with the 100 club a little bit more than a year ago and am down about 40 pounds. The last six weeks, weight loss has not been my highest priority as my Mother was going through what turned out to be her final illness. Her funeral was yesterday.

I don't think I've put all that much back on but will know better after weigh in on Thursday. I'm up some from eating out and on the run, etc. But I'm hoping that's mostly water. I'm suffering more, I think, from lack of exercise. So it's off to the pool this morning for water workout. Water levels were not always met either but that's the easiest to catch up.

I know I won't make my Labor Day goal but will do my best to be at least where I was when I started out. I was probably due to shake things up a bit again anyway as I'd been plateauing a lot before the last six weeks.

So, here I am - off and running (Me running is a laughing matter.)
Old 08-26-2003, 10:28 AM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I can;t even imagine how hard that must be

I am re-committed too. Although mine has been coming on for a long time - Yesterday, I jumped back on and i am going to hang on for dear life this time!!
Old 08-26-2003, 10:35 AM   #3  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I'm still reeling from my mom's death, and it was almost three years (and 20 pounds) ago. You are doing what I could not -- focusing on improving your health. I had my daughter a week after Mom's death, and the post-partum and post-funeral depression took a deeper toll on me than I knew. It's only been lately that I've been able to focus again on positive actions in my life. I'm impressed that you are able to re-commit yourself to your weight loss goals during such a stressful time.

We're here for you whether you need health and weight-loss support, or just need to vent about other stuff.

/hug
Old 08-26-2003, 01:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Anagram, I've been reading about your mom's illness and her passing on another forum that I lurk at and thinking of you--I'm so sorry. It's been incredibly stressful on you, and I admire you for recommitting to your own health and wellbeing.
Old 08-26-2003, 02:33 PM   #5  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I am too, so sorry to hear about your mom.. hugs to you!

once, again.. I am starting over. new plan.. new us, right!
Old 08-26-2003, 02:48 PM   #6  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Hugs! I'm so sorry about your mom. My thoughts are with you.

40 pounds in a year is great! I hope to see more soon!
Old 08-26-2003, 05:35 PM   #7  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Awwww, my condolences on the loss of your mamma.

I'm back on track, too, and committed to visiting and posting here in this forum daily. I need the accountability and I need the encouragement. And I hope that I can encourage others in being here, too!
Old 08-26-2003, 06:46 PM   #8  
missaprylj

I am very sorry about your mother. The pain you are in must be so immense. Just remember that she is always with you.

Congratulations on recommiting your self during this time of your life. You're truly an inspiration. Thanks. -Apryl

Old 08-26-2003, 07:01 PM   #9  

Thanks for all the support. I'm doing pretty good today, healthy eating wise and emotionally. Past experience has taught me that I get through things pretty well and then, just when I think all's ok, I have a major meltdown. DH, DD and DS fortunately know this and are prepared for it to happen down the road somewhere. With my Dad, it took a month. I was of course grieving but thought I was doing ok. Then whammo! Pretty much the same now, grieving but ok. But I'll get through the whammo too. And healthier will help.

Sheila, I had posted once or twice on another board with you, as well, but that was just before Mom took a bad turn so I've not been there recently.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I'm glad you're doing okay today. I completely understand about the major meltdowns later--I'm glad you know yourself so well and that you have a great support system.

Aha! I lurk everywhere!

I can't remember the name of the board I occasionally read here, but I recognized your name and see you posting quite a bit so I had followed your posts about your mom and felt so bad for you. I didn't feel comfortable posting there, but you truly were in my heart.
Old 08-26-2003, 09:01 PM   #11  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Sorry to here about your mom. You did good not totally gain it back in a time like that. That is hard to go through. Now you can focus on you and do what you need to do to make yourself healthy.
Closed Thread