Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 10:21 AM   #1  
Empress/Queen

Red face Seven-Days-At-A-Time Challenge, Week 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, dokey! Empress Amarantha, the pushy one, is BACK! She be taking the liberty o' creating a new, mini version o' the 21-day challenge by virtue of the fact she can't concentrate on anything for 21 days straight anymore!!! So on this thread Amarantha and anyone else who bites, can declare a seven-day WEIGHT MANAGEMENT RELATED challenge (or a lesser amount of days, why not?) with the rules to be decided solely by their own selves and then report in on a regular basis during those days.

So Amarantha (and/or anyone else) can make up ever more wild and daring challenges each week or stay with the tried and true, 'cause it's up to YU!!!!

This thread should probably be kept brief, on topic and a new one posted each week, just to keep poor befuddled Amarantha (and anyone else who's befuddled) focused!!! Hocus, pocus, focus, focus!

Ok? Ok! Over and out!

Old 08-24-2003, 10:36 AM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Talking Yo! Ok! Ok! Up, up and away! Hey!

Ok, dokey, ie!!! I will take you up on your challenge and declare a SEVEN-DAYS-TO-LABOR-DAY-WEIGH CHALLENGE! ~ Elbertine Pep, Imperial Personal Trainer to Empress Amarantha (who hasn't visited this board for awhile and is getting might miffed about that, too)!

There is one more week to the Labor Day weigh-in in the Empire o' Fit Folk and much as the Empress A. would like to take time off to lose another pound and reach her Labor Day goal, her empirical duties are stressing her out and making her overeat and underexercise. As PT to the Empress, I, EP, feel I should set a good example, so I'm challenging myself to the following for SEVEN DAYS:

1) ONE HOUR OF EXERCISE FOR EACH OF THE NEXT SEVEN DAYS! This can be broken up in any combination of times or continuous and be of any intensity and any exercise counts!

2) 1700 CALORIES PER DAY WITH AN OPP (OVERDRAFT PROTECTION PLAN) FACTOR OF 300 EXTRA CALORIES THAT CAN BE EATEN DURING THE WEEK! The OPP calories can be spread over the week in any combination or eaten all at once! (Of course, I HAVE NOT been influenced by the new WW Flexipoints program in any way! How can you suggest that!) If at any time during the week, I go over the 1700 per day + the 300 extra, I forfeit this week's challenge! (No starting over until it's Sunday again and time for a NEW 7-DAY CHALLENGE, THAT MEANS YOU, AMARANTHA!!!)

Old 08-24-2003, 01:28 PM   #3  
Student of the Hoof

Hey Amarantha.. I'll join you on this 7 day challenge. It might be just what I need to get back on track.

My goals:

1) UBWO Wed. Morning
2) LBWO Sat.
3) UBWO Sun.
4) Pilates Thu., Fri., Sun.
5) Cardio Thu., Fri., Sun.
6) Get back onto my eating plan and stay around 1500 calories.

One week is about my attention span lately, too. So if I can do this, just for this week, then start over again, maybe I can make some progress.
Old 08-24-2003, 05:24 PM   #4  
Empress/Queen

Yo! Thanks for joining me, Raven Toy! I love the specificity and focus of your goals. Love your beautiful horse as well! See you later!
Old 08-24-2003, 05:35 PM   #5  

Hello all!

Since I feel like I have 2 days OP nearly under my belt, I thought it would be fun to take on a short challenge just to had some kick !

My goals are: Get the water in
Journal
Stay On Program
Activity every day, little bit more than the day b/4!!

So... here we go 7 days, here we go....

DH and I have family traveling thru our state ( its very small, unless you have a reason to stop here, most of the traffic is just thru ) and we are expecting to meet them for dinner. Just had a boca burger in case dinner doesnt happen for awhile or in case there isnt much to choose and I wind up w/ just salad. We're choosing one of those all you can eat buffets as we're not sure of everyone's tastes and its super casual.

So, like I said, I'm pretty confident I've got two good days!!

Here we go 7 days, here we go!
Old 08-24-2003, 07:34 PM   #6  
Empress/Queen

Ok, Kaylets, yur on!!! Yowza!!!
Old 08-25-2003, 03:36 AM   #7  
Empress/Queen

Talking Day One is done!

Ok, dokey, here's my report! ~ Signed, Elbertine Pep!!!

EP’S SEVEN-DAYS-TO-LABOR-DAY WEIGH, Day One Report:

1) 1700 calories or less, plus a 300 day OPP (Overdraft Protection Plan, e.g., 300 extra calories for the week to be eaten any time and in any combination)?
Yes, 1975!

OPP CALORIES LEFT: 25

2) Exercise one hour continuously or broken up in any time combination and at any intensity? Yes, a.m., walked 10 minutes outside; midmorning, 20 minutes on “hall treadmill” (e.g., back and forth from kitchen, through living, long hallway, turnaround in long bedroom and repeat, repeat, repeat); evening, 30 minutes on hall treadmill.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 08-25-2003 at 03:39 AM.
Old 08-25-2003, 05:08 AM   #8  

i'm with ya for the next 6 days. I need something to kick me in the butt, and since i haven't been able to stay motivated (at all) lately i'm going for it.

so here's my plan:

1) first of all, calories under 1600
2) exercise 3 days of cardio (minimum) and weights (3 days)
3)check in often to see how everyone else is doing
Old 08-25-2003, 11:00 AM   #9  
caffeine free!

Hello,
Well, having crashed and burned at the 21 day challenge, here I am at the 7 day challenge. I am actually going to start tomorow becuase I blew at least one of my goals already today so here it goes:
drink water (8 glasses at least)
no more coffee (as I sit here drinking yet another cup)
stay below 1400 calories
take my calcium supplements!!!!!

So, that is the plan starting tomorow.
Old 08-25-2003, 11:48 AM   #10  
Empress/Queen

Talking Day 2, o' the new~!

Yowza!!! It's me Elbertine Pep, on DAY 2, o' the new, sleek, streamlined, seven-day version o' the 21-day challenge!!!! I had to fight off Amarantha's attempts last night to get me to break my challenge by going out for junkfood, but I managed and HERE I AM!!! Yowza!!!

I, EP, don't go on and on like Amarantha, so I'll just say, "Yay! We have two new challengers in the room!!! We have "No Way But Up!" and we love that name, 'cause we're gonna go up, up, up in our own seven-day way!!! And, we have the redoubtable Zadie K, doing it her way!!! Yay!

Sis, boom, bah, mini-team, let's go out there and win just SEVEN DAYS FOR THE GIPPER! SEVEN DAYS, SEVEN DAYS, WE'RE GONNA PLAY TILL THE SEVENTH DAY!!!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 08-25-2003 at 11:50 AM.
Old 08-25-2003, 12:01 PM   #11  
Student of the Hoof

Congrats on avoiding the deadly junk food, Amarantha! Last night wasn't perfect foodwise for me - I couldn't resist the garlic bread with my spaghetti. Ah well. But I did do my FBWO and 1.5 miles on the treadmill. And I rode my horse. All in all, a very good day. Today back on track with food and water, LB is sore, need to work my UB harder on Wed. as it's not nearly sore enough. If I don't go to the stable tonight, I'll make it a point to hit the treadmill.
Old 08-25-2003, 01:54 PM   #12  
Empress/Queen

RT on doing so well with your exercise! Keep a'goin' 'cause we've only got six days to go, woo!!!
Old 08-25-2003, 07:38 PM   #13  

Hopping aboard for whatever days are left. Sorry, too fuzzy for math.

Goals for the next ? days -

1. Get back up to speed with water
2. Exercise every day - assorted
3. Make healthy food choices
4. Get a handle again on the portion control
5. Positive, positive, positive thinking
Old 08-25-2003, 08:21 PM   #14  
Empress/Queen

Anagramatic, you can just hop on this train for however many days yu wanna!!! Thanks for being here!!! Looks like a good plan you've got there!

I'm posting my Day 2 report early as I'm still writing for work and will likely crash (not in the dietary sense) later. I still have a protein shake to drink when I take a break.

EP’S SEVEN-DAYS-TO-LABOR-DAY WEIGH, Day Two Report:

1) 1700 calories or less, plus a 300 day OPP (Overdraft Protection Plan, e.g., 300 extra calories for the week to be eaten any time and in any combination)?
Yes, 1695!

OPP CALORIES LEFT: 25

2) Exercise one hour continuously or broken up in any time combination and at any intensity? Yes, weights in gym, 30 minutes; 30 minutes walking on “hall treadmill” ... 10 minutes midmorning, 20 minutes evening..

Last edited by Amarantha2; 08-25-2003 at 08:24 PM.
Old 08-25-2003, 09:46 PM   #15  

Ok, so after my first post I decided to take a little walk. Little being the operative word but it was a start. And I have a couple of more glasses of water. Not great steps but a commitment, sort of.
Closed Thread