South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 06:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday Beach Chat, 6/12

COFFEE'S ON! I can get the teapot going to for those who prefer.

Mother Nature is doing us a favor this morning and watering the gardens for us.

My schedule is changed now that the girls are out of school and I'll be working longer hours most days, but that's OK since we're free to go anywhere. Today we have the morning free, but we have piano and voice lessons this afternoon, then I have to drop off Audrey at her new violin teacher's in West Chester. It's near her father's office so he'll be bringing her home, and I'll be trying to make my way home in the rush hour traffic.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:53 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for the coffee, Linda. I'm lagging behind a bit this morning although the dogs have been pottied, fed and watered. I'm considering a strawberry smoothie for breakfast although I'm short of milk. Maybe Greek yogurt instead - my new love along with avocados. (Not together!)

Feeling great this morning because my financial report for tonight's meeting is done. Natalie, the assistant curator, put together some $$$ info for a grant application and it's perfect to present at the AGM tonight. I also got good news that two chicks are coming for a weekend in July. My summer is looking really good.

The heat and humidity is slowly leaving and I'm hoping it brings some rain. I did brave the record-breaking heat yesterday to do two hours of gardening but things sure need water. The radar shows the rain at Kingston right now and slowly moving this way. (I just realized I have a quilt over the line and had better get it inside before it gets soaked.)

I hope everyone has a happy day. If not, I have some to spare.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Your "HAPPY" is contagious, Ruthie! BTW, avocado with Greek yogurt and strawberries in a smoothie is delightful!
Old 06-12-2012, 07:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Cottage - our rush hour traffic is about 10 minutes long (we do complain about it though!). The benefits of living in a smaller town!

Ruth - I have seen some recipes with avocado in it.... Which chicks are coming to visit!?! How exciting!!

I'm sitting here on the couch with the pup (she's wondering why she's allowed up here now...) in a quiet house before I wake the kids. Since school is out, they get up an hour later . Yesterday at work wasn't TOO insane, I hope today follows suit. This weekend we're going camping, which I am definately looking forward to!
Old 06-12-2012, 07:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

I'm off to yoga today. Then groceries, again, since the store yesterday was out of stuff I wanted. Then I have an ultrasound appointment today for my fibroid. It blocks my ovary so every 5 or so years my GYN wants to check things out. It is one more unpleasant "womanly" appointment. Sigh.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:42 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm lagging behind,too. When I woke up early DH was still sleeping so I figured it was best to keep quiet for another hour. I've already had exercise,dragging a trash bin up a big flight of stairs...then back with recycle. Laundry is in the dryer (work clothes). I just have time for my smoothie before work.

After a stellar food day, I ate some crap last night....moving on...remembering I can just go to bed when I'm tired even if it is early.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 06-12-2012, 07:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 189/173/147

good afternoon
raining here as well not stopped since sun lunchtime. had a busy morning sorting out the kitchen , washing is in the dryer and just having a cup of tea and sf jello before doing some quilting
eileen
Old 06-12-2012, 08:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good Morning All! I think it is great chicks traveling to see other chicks! What a great group here. Debbie I have been in bed lately well before 9:30. One night it was 8:45. My son thinks I am sick, then he decided I must be getting old!

My older pup has a nasty ear infection, came on quite suddenly. Waiting to hear back from the vet as Mick had a lot of blood work done yesterday. Hebhas been losing weight and now he only weighs 34 poounds. He is down 4 from last year, trust me he is skinny, too skinny. As he is getting older his eating is a little off and he has issues with peeing in the house. Hopefully I will no more today.

I did get a two hour ride in yesterday. Felt so good being on the bike again. Granted the killer hill had me huffing and puffing, but I pushed myself really hard and did it.

I have a returning SB buddy. My dear friend started P1 Sunday. He is 6'3 and weighs 216 his goal is 190-195. He is not heavy at all in my opinion, he said he feels great when he weighs 195. He suggested SB to me and has been very supportive. Now it's my turn.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:42 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Went to bed early last night for some reason I was freezing slept in a hoodie but then woke up feeling fine at 3:30 a.m. this morning. I will chalk it up my body reacting to eating op for almost a week now.

Tonight is swim practice for DD2 and then we have haircuts.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 06-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning,

I'm back from holidays. Cottage we went to Atlantic City because the man with the weird hairdo, made us a deal we couldn't refuse. But we only spent one day there walking the boardwalk. Interesting, but not on our list to go back. We did spend one day driving the back roads of the north shore to the lighthouse and one day driving the south shore up to Cape May. I have to say I have never seen so many expensive homes, is that the 1% living there. I really liked the area and the boardwalk in Ocean City was very nice. Then we stayed in Shillington, Pa. where I did lots of shopping therapy. Next week its back to DD for a long weekend and I thing we are going to have grandson for a couple of weeks in July. Having said all this I am happy to say I only gained 1 lb and am back on Phase 1.5.
I'm glad to see everyone on here and Debbie sorry about Kirk, hope he starts to feel better.
take care and thinking of you all
Sophie
Old 06-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 263/214/157

Height: 5'2"

Cool

Hello chicks!

I have had another busy day at work. Food is doing OK. I did start to eat emotionally last night after the injured hen I was caring for died. I caught myself after a few bites and quit. I am doing better at that. In the past it would have been a full fledged binge for sure. We have had a lot of rain here the past 2 days but the sun has come out now and it is very warm and muggy. Good beach weather!

See you on the Beach!
Closed Thread