South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 06:11 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Beach Chat - Thursday, June 7

Good morning! Reality struck this morning when I hopped on the scale. Avocados are not a "good snack"! Time to purify my eating.

This morning I will be working in my own garden, if it doesn't rain. They've changed the to for the next three days. You just can't trust the weather people these days! The crazy thing is that it sometimes rains across the lake and is sunny on this side - and it's a relatively small lake.

This afternoon I need to take my new Focus to the dealer for recall! It's automatic (do they still make standards?) but the gear shifting is a bit hesitant. The fix should take just and hour but these things usually last longer. Gotta get it done and will work in a wee shop when I'm in town. NO AVOCADOS!

Cranking up Thursday with more Italian Roast.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Mmmmm.....avocados.

I do get tired of all the rain, but everything wouldn't be so beautiful and green without it!

Reesie's biopsy was yucky yesterday, but she was fantastic. I hope to get results tomorrow, I'm a bit emotional over this. I really want to tell the kids, but I want to confirm first. I'd be nice to let them know why I'm an emotional basket case!

Today is packed. Bus ministry, watch part of the kids award ceremony(it's their last day!), and then my schedule is packed again. I didn't get home til after 8 the other night (when I'm done at "7"). I hope it won't be quite that crazy today!

Thank goodness, the coffee is strong...
Old 06-07-2012, 06:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Awww, no avocados????? Bummer. I usually have 1/2 of one every day on my salad, but that's not the bane of my struggles. Mine comes in the form of ice cream.

This week has seemed to fly by! The sun is shining (so far!) and I'm looking at an easy day of outside work. The roses need deadheading and mums need cutting back, and I'm sure I can find plenty of other things to do while I'm at it.

Speaking of gardening, I need to go gather some lettuce and make my salad for lunch!

Tammy,

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 06-07-2012 at 06:38 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:57 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Another gray day I really miss the sun.

Ruth - They do still make standards but not many. When I bought my Fit they had one of each and I almost went for the standard.
Hope the sun comes out and we all get outside again!

Twynn- thinking of you and Reesie

Cottage - I'm also lucky as far as fat goes. I can eat avocado and even full fat cheese without problems but the first sign of sugar or grain and I'm done for.

I'm celebrating my 4 year at goal anniversary I couldn't have done it without all of you and the SBD principles. It's the first time I've ever lost weight and kept it off, ever. I have finally turned a corner and really see myself as a thin,healthy person who occasionally makes bad choices but I'm so much more aware than I was. I know it will never be simple and I will always have to pay attention but I'm confident that I have the tools now to keep my body in the best possible shape. I love 3FC and the Beachy Chicks.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Congrats Cyndi you are an inspiration to all of us!

Good day yesterday OP and worked like a machine. Mowed two acres with the push mower. Today I am sore from pushing the mower up hill, a lot, but feel like I accomplished something. My friend hopefully will be surprised by my efforts this week. I took Saturday off to finish planting the garden, granted way behind schedule, but Mother Nature just would not cooperate.

My son is going to be living with his dad for a while. My nerves are shot. It is not what I want, but it is what I need to do right now. I love my son dearly, but I cannot keep it together anymore. His dad realizes this too and was impressed that I kept it together for so long. My loving, kind, compassionate, funny child is in there somewhere. I keep trying and failing with him, but alas I keep trying. Maybe spending time at his dad's he might think about how poorly he treats me. Sorry, I am venting and censoring myself at the same time. If I don't I worry will find comfort where I always turn. Being strong takes a lot out of you. I am trying not to be weak and turn to my buddies, chocolate, chips and ice cream. I know my problems are small in comparison, but they still hurt. Thanks for listening
Old 06-07-2012, 07:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

CONGRATULATIONS, CYNDI! That's a huge accomplishment and something to be very, very proud of!

Jennifer, I pray that eventually the gap will close between you and your son and all will be well again. Even in the best of times, raising children is a very difficult task.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ruth lucky for me I don't like avocados. I love standard cars, my mustang was but my focus is not. I taught both of my older kids to drive standard that was a challenge in itself but my DD1 loves driving the mustang now.

Twynn- I hope the results are not what you think :hugs:

Cyndi- Congratulations on maintaining for 4 years that is great and you are an inspiration to those of us who have regained weight that we will get it back off and keep it off this time.

Cottage- have fun gardening

Jennifer- It's definitely tough raising kids and I echo Cottage's sentiments

Yesterday was a great day of eating OP, thanks to Cyndi I am now reading Fuhrman's Eat to Live book and I am going to encorporate that into SB as well.

Have a great day everyone
Old 06-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Cindy - Wow! What an accomplishment! I hope to be saying the same someday

Jennifer - I am so sorry. When our relationship with our child is broken, we hurt so badly. Hopefully, the break will give you renewed spirit, and will give your son some perspective.

All - Watched the Glee project with DD last night. She got so excited because she one of the contestants (Lily) is a girl who left her college the same time my D did. She was being bullied because she didn't fit into the mold. She's talented and pretty, and yes, overweight. It was a reminder to me of how much discrimination there is out there based on physical appearance. I want everyone to give themselves a hug today - we're all beautiful regardless of where we are on this particular journey

And - thank you all for the birthday wishes! My small piece of cake was delicious - and hopefully, my husband will eat the last piece while I'm out with customers today!
Old 06-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Congrats, Cyndi!

Jennifer,

Twynn, thinking of you

Kirk and I have been up since 3 am. We got downstairs and drank coffee, etc, and talked alot about what we are looking at long term. I also did some reading on the internet. That said, my helper is coming at 10 to help me move our bed downstairs. The immediate goal is for DH to be more independent and it looks like any kind of stair stuff doesn't happen for at least 12 weeks. One step at a time. He's resting now and I'm going to try and get reorganized and into a new routine....paperwork, laundry, etc.
Take care everyone!
Closed Thread