PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #1  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Default 2012 June PCOS Support Thread

Let's hear it for those here in June!

Let's round up! (The old May2012 thread is here. )

Who is here this month?
How are you?
How was last month?
How is your PCOS management last month?
What are you going to work on in May?

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 06-01-2012 at 03:41 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #2  
Here We Go

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'7"

Who is here this month? It is I, Gina, again. I'm always randomly popping up. I was around towards the end of last month, but didn't want to jump into the middle of the last thread.

How are you? Honestly, I'm well. I've been wanting to go to college since I was about 10/11, and I finally went this past January. I'm not going over the summer, but I start semester 2 in the Fall.

How was last month? Last month was great! Finished ^the first semester with some pretty great grades, and finally got back on the weight loss wagon.

How is your PCOS management last month? I finally started trying to take care of it again. I started back on metformin. Also, I haven't seen my endocrinologist since October 2010, so I FINALLY made an appointment to see her. However, I'm not getting in there til early/mid July. I've been wanting to go back for a while, but was a little embarrassed since I hadn't lost any weight and went off the metformin.

What are you going to work on in June? I will be working on losing weight. I want to stick to an exercise plan, try to remain within 1500-1700 calories, and avoid pasta, potatoes, and bread for the most part. I want to stick to taking the metformin as well. I'm hoping to be at least 10 pounds lighter by the time I meet with endo.

Hopefully it's a happy June for all of us. I'm also hoping I can stick to my plan throughout the month. I have a bad habit of letting my emotions get the better of me and giving in. I'd like to say it's different this time around, but I tend to say that every time. Here's hoping, though.
t0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #3  
Fit before 30! 12/6/2013

S/C/G: 200ish/ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Who is here this month? MrsH aka Sylvia, sponging up all kinds of weight training and calorie knowledge.

How are you?
I'm good just dealing with alot of new meds (anyone see my pity party thread? wow lol) but feeling good & no weight gain just slow loss but loss is a loss 

How was last month?
Great! Ordered our son's 1st Birthday invites and Grama picked a 5ft tall piņata in Mexicali! We're doing his room theme of Mario Brothers!!

Ok but June will be better

What are you going to work on in June?
Working out!! I set a goal of 1,260 mins and hope to meet it while dropping 10lbs 
MrsH2132012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Who is here this month?

I am! This month for a little bit before I head out for more travel at the end of the month... enjoy while I'm here!!!!!

How are you?

Struggling to get back on track. Maybe it's a little de-motivation, but it's also that I've been sick for about 10 days now and that affects my ability to work out and eat healthy (no energy to go work out and no energy to cook meals for myself...)

How was last month?

To be honest? Terrible. I've gained like 2-3 lbs and this is driving me nuts. I can't keep gaining weight. In part it's the travel and the sickness, but still... It takes me so long to get weight off that sliding back, even if it's for "good" reasons is not good.

This part is good! I'm taking my supplements and eating low crappy carbs. Sadly, I've discovered that drinking a glass of wine lowers my blood sugar... I am not using this as a way to self-medicate my blood sugar levels, but it did "help" on some nights when I knew it was going to be on the high side if I didn't have that glass of wine...

But, really, if I am gaining weight, then my PCOS management isn't going that well, right?

I'm a little frustrated, don't mind me.
What are you going to work on in May?
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:46 PM   #5  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

T0rn -- welcome back! And pop in ANY time. There's no worry about fading in an out. Life gets busy. It happens!

MrsH2132012
-- Hang in there with the new meds! Glad you are feeling good!

Rana -- our resident jet setter! Sorry you have been ill. Hope that passes soon!

My Check In:

It's been SO busy around here! Eldercare continues for my dad and my FIL broke his back so it's been a flurry of hospital.

But I'm doing GREAT! My own life is calmer, there's schedules now, my sister even commented on how she's enjoying medicated STABLE Dad much more and it has been YEARS since she enjoyed Dad. I hired two friends for PT house help so my own home is no longer neglected and crazy and I feel the improvement already. One is helping me deal with closet clutter and the other is doing small repair work my spouse has no time to do any more -- but the honey do list is getting done so yay!

My PCOS endoc visit went ok -- I took a short break to reconnect with spouse and be all date-y woo-y and now that we're home I can face my next chunk of PCOS diet-fitness and see how well I do at my next appt in August.

So go me!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 06-03-2012 at 11:47 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #6  

YAY for you, astrophe.

My boyfriend asked me for the one thing that is extremely difficult to give him -- not a threesome -- but to lose the 10 lbs that I need to lose in order to get one of my prizes.... which is a trip together. That I can't make, according to our agreement from a couple of years ago, unless I lose those last ten pounds....

*sigh*

And he wants it as a birthday present.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:14 PM   #7  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Odd. Can't you renegotiate the contract? Like...

"Take a trip to Mexico (ie: somewhere ELSE) but save the Hawaii one for the -10 lbs woohoo?"

DH and I make contracts for things but are open to negotiation because Life Is.

Boy, did last year with my dad's health probs EVER teach me that!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 06-04-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #8  

No.... I can't renegotiate... I mean, sure, we have traveled to OTHER places... we just haven't gone on this one, because it's exclusively for the 10 lb loss.

The thing is, how long have I been here trying to get these last few pounds off?!

Too long. No excuses. I can use the PCOS to account for slow weight loss... but the scale has been going up, rather than down. I can't deny that I've gotten slack, that even if I am eating nutritious food (I'm snacking on a mozzarella stick and 1/2 apple right now), I'm still obviously eating too much (you can tell from the exercise minutes thread that I clearly exercise enough!).

I don't know what's wrong with me. I think part of the issue that I do get tired of being so vigilant about portions... like with anyone here, it's that diet fatigue... I can't focus and do other stuff because all my extra time and energy is focused on this diet/exercise/losing weight.

The reality is that I have to watch what I eat. I am NOT one of those people who "forgets" to eat!
Old 06-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #9  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Ah, then if you have already been traveling and just saving this one special place (and not like putting off living your life) -- go for it!

I def understand the diet fatigue. But I'm buckling down again myself.

I bought new undies in a size smaller -- that was fun and remotivating! Yay, NSV!

A.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #10  
Here We Go

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'7"

MrsH- Yay for Mario Brothers! Happy First Birthday to him! Good luck on your goals this month

Rana - That's a lot of pressure on you. :/ I guess him asking for it as a present is a bit of a motivator for you, but it seems like you try really hard to lose weight as it is.

Astrophe - That's awesome! I'm glad things are going well for you! Congrats on the NSV!

Getting bored of 30 Day Shred. I really wanted to stick to it all month, but I may end up switching to something else.

Last edited by t0rn; 06-06-2012 at 04:56 PM.
t0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:36 AM   #11  
Fellow cyster!

S/C/G: 170/170/150

Height: 5'10"

Who is here this month?
Clare! I'm completely new to this forum.

How are you?
Doing alright, can't complain too much. Busy with work and reading up on PCOS research articles. I've got a good 50 to read

How was last month?
Quite eventful, in both a good way and a bad way. I learned the hard way that I can't drink like I could when I was younger (curse you, Cinco de Mayo!).

Lazy on my end. I ate what I wanted, rarely worked out. I was better about taking my meds, but that still wasn't up to par. I still haven't received my refill for spironolactone, but it's my fault for doubling my dosage. Unfortunately, toward the end of last month, my hair started falling out at a concerning rate. We'll see if I have hair left by the end of the month lol

Working out...consistently. Five days a week. And my diet. I think I'm going to start the low amylose diet. Has anyone tried it?
claristotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 181/181/115

Height: 5'3"

Who is here this month? I'm still here even though I don't post as often any more.

How are you? I'm doing well. Still trying to find a way to incorporate healthy eating and exercising to the rest of my busy life.

How was last month? Last month went by so fast. It was the last month of school for my kids, so there were a lot of extra activities. I also had to travel for work for almost two weeks, so that shortened the month even more.

How is your PCOS management last month? I had to cancel my visit to the endocrinologist last month because of work, but I do have an appointment for next Monday. I'm still taking Spiro, which is helping a little.

What are you going to work on in June? I am going on vacation next week. When I come back I'm going to look into joining either Physicians Weight Loss or the IP program. I've come to the realization that I need help planning my food intake.
PrettyMom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #13  

Hi ladies! Welcome newbies!

Yes, doing the weightloss for my boyfriend is a lot of pressure... part of me thinks I need it, otherwise, I get to complacent with the weight that I'm at right now.... We'll see how it goes. I had a dream the other night that instead of it being June, it was actually November and I was thinking that I had run out of time and I hadn't lost the weight...

I think that's why I need the pressure, I can sit here and exercise and eat "healthy" but still not lose.

Yesterday, I had a very high protein day -- by the end of the day, I had gone above my allocated protein in the day (according to MFP) and my carbs were just a few grams under my amount that's allocated -- and my blood sugar level this morning was actually lower than I expected.

I just don't know what to do with this... I don't know if I can eat that much protein in a day (and keep the carbs low) on a regular basis.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:44 AM   #14  
fat-fighting ninja!

S/C/G: 276/seeticker/235

Height: 5'7

Who is here this month? ME i am finally

How are you?
Im going pretty great! three weeks in to my bootcamp and start 2 times a week in july!! Im really starting to get in to working out again\!! and I LOVE bootcamp!! I also just got my got fit arm band and Im so excited to use it!!

How was last month?

Well it was okay.. But This month will be better. My moods are good and im hoping to get another Period on my own!

I took all my vitamins.. but food wise was.. well Womp Womp.. not great.. but im getting better at it

Everything.. I cant wait to be stronger!!
2phatinvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:55 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 263/262/160

Height: 5'4

Who is here this month? I am here
How was last month? Better then this month has started, sadly
How is your PCOS management last month? Really good
What are you going to work on in May?Sleep and exercise.
Cemommster is offline   Reply With Quote