South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 06:16 AM   #1  
Mous

Wink Aw....Monday Beach Daily 8/25

A VERY good morning to you Beach Babes!

A mouse in the house! Seems like HE can't get enough of those pistachios either LOL

A little story. (TRUE too! )

Mom, dad and I were watching TV, the ones that sat on the floor! Ok, so I was VERY young.
I was propped up on my elbows chin in palms in front of the TV when mom saw a mouse scurry by in front of the TV. She didn't scream, so I didn't either!

Well, since there was NO screaming the mouse came back out. Cuter than a bug, er mouse!

We watched it watch us. clean it's whiskers, wonder what it just ate...hmmmm. nuts! giggle giggle.

Dad said he was going to set a trap, but kind hearted mom said NO honey, he will go away.

So for the next week, our house mouse entertained us about the same time each night. MOM had a PET!

She even named him Coco.

Well, the next thing we knew, the mouse took a wife! So now mom was proud as punch, dad wanted them both gone....mom won.

Again we watched them come and go. They weren't bothering anything that we knew of so all was well.

One day, mom opened a bottom drawer in the kitchen and there was a nest filled with little pink, hairless baby mice.

Aw how cute mom said.......dad said OUT THEY GO.

I will let YOU finish the story.

Needless to say it was JUST TV from then on.

Cuc's huh? Well I think I shall give that a try IF they return...shhhhh, they are gone for now and I even got my DH to scrub the floor and move everything out and scrub there too.

Today was Metal Monster day and I am happy to report another 1/2 pound weight loss. I have been adding more than one carb back and am still losing. I also am happy that I feel right with me and this WOE.

To those that are stepping on the scale, starting Phase 1, continuing on Phase 1, or starting Phase 2 THINK like the Little Engine That Could and you WILL just like he did.

Have a great start to your week.

{{hugs}}

Marcie
Old 08-25-2003, 06:56 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Cute story, Marcie. Hey... congratulations on the 1/2 pound loss!!

Den, we're starting today. Did you hear me? Don't make me yell at you. (could you please yell at ME!?)

Franny, you can do plumbing! That is too cool! (okay, so you made a mistake... heh heh.) My DH couldn't do ANYTHING when I met him, so I allowed him to learn how to plumb while I whizzed around with my power tools. Now I'm regretting not learning it myself. I know it's not too late, but laziness has set in...

It's actually RAINING!! Ruth? Got rain? Haven't seen any in ages. Naturally I have clothes on the line...

Have a wonderful day, all.
Old 08-25-2003, 07:08 AM   #3  
In Control: E+R=O

Happy Monday Beach Beauties!

Marcie, congratulations on your loss!! As much as we don't want to depend too much on the metal monster, it sure is nice to see the numbers go down, isn't it??

ellis, here's your official kick in the pants (we need a kick in the pants smilie!) to help you get started again. We've got a little thunder rumbling in the distance right now, so the rain may be heading my way also. We do need it, so I hope it comes.

den, I don't think I expressed my condolensces for your ex-neighbor's passing. This is the same gentleman that you talked about recently who was in the hospital? I hope the visitation wasn't too hard for you.

Ruth, I have to ask, are you a professional baker or chef? I think you've baked more these past few days than I've done in my entire lifetime!! Also, I'm so envious that you can bring your dogs to church, what a wonderful idea! I would love to be able to do something like that.

franny, congratulations on your fabulous NSV!! And also congratulations on your great loss so far! I didn't realize that you had lost so much, good for you!!!!

The baby shower yesterday for my niece's new little guy was wonderful (although it was a long day!). It was held at a resort on Lake of the Woods boundary waters in northern Minnesota, and it was a gorgeous day. Since we were on a beach, it was a reminder to me all day to stay on my WOE beach! I did not eat one bite of the 4 pasta salads they served (even though they looked very tasty)! I ate a lot of raw veggies from the veggie tray, and had two crackers with the best shrimp dip, and that was it! I even managed to get in a few glasses of water. But I was starving when I got home last night, because I didn't think to throw any healthy snacks in the car for myself for the long drive home....I'll have to remember that for next time. The baby is so sweet, and what a good little baby he was! He was passed from person to person all day, and did not make one little peep during all of this! The only time he even woke up was towards the end of the shower when he decided he was hungry, and I got the honor of feeding him his bottle. I had such a nice day yesterday....

I hope everyone has a great day at the beach!!

Last edited by twodogmom; 08-25-2003 at 07:10 AM.
Old 08-25-2003, 07:41 AM   #4  
Imagine...

Good Morning~

Marcie ~ way to go on the loss!! very cute mouse story.

Ellis ~ Enjoy the rain, sometimes I just love a good storm. Do I just add mayo to the store bought slaw, or do you add something else?

2Dog ~ What a nice day you had!! Good for you staying op!!!

Den~ So sorry for your loss.

Today I am a bit sore...spent all day and I do mean all day doing yardwork. We finally had a nice cool breezy day and I was able to get alot of things that have been neglected due to the heat done. We a great feeling of accomplishment.

On the scale this am and I stayed the same...at least I have the maintaince part of the plan down pat. hehehe...Oh well at least I didn't gain and in my eyes that is quite an accomplishment!!!

Have a sparkling day!!!
Old 08-25-2003, 08:00 AM   #5  
Imagine...

Franny~ We now have 2 completely new bathrooms...not on purpose mind you but from "fixing" things hehehe no offense but I am glad that it's not just us. LOL!!
Old 08-25-2003, 08:07 AM   #6  

Good Morning Beach Babes ...

Congrats on the 1/2 lb Marcie ... don't ya love phase 2 ... fruit and weight loss ...

When my daughter was about 7 (now 18) I went into her bedroom one morning ... her room was at the farthest side of the house ... and she had the covers over her head. When she still didn't get out of bed an hour later I went in again to check on her and she was still under the covers with them pulled up over head.

I asked her "sweetie, are you reading a book under the covers ??? Don't you want to get up and eat breakfast??" "No mommy, I'm playing with my new friend ..."

I'm thinking ... imaginary friend ??? Oh no, therapy and counseling first thing tomorrow ... and decide it's time for her to come out from under the covers.

Her new "friend", which she had snuggled in her arm pit, was a baby RAT!!!! Not even a mouse, ladies, a real live baby rat!!!

Needless to say I disposed of it immediately and allowed her to have a hamster to replace her friend, but to this day her brothers will tell her boyfriends that she used to sleep with rats when she was a kid ...........

So glad you had a nice day yesterday Twodog ... and great job on staying away from the pasta salad!!!!

Looks like rain here too ... cool and dark ...

Time to start the workday ... have a wonderful day everyone!!!
Old 08-25-2003, 08:13 AM   #7  
Waiting to Grow Up!

Default Being back on Phase 1 is working!

I started Phase 1 Friday to undo damage while 'straying off the Beach' for ~10 days. So far, 5 lbs have gone bye-bye. I hope they stay bye-bye too!

I'm trying to find the energy to workout this morning. I am just not doing as good as I should be in that area lately but need to drop the excuses and do it!

BTW, I hope it's forgiven here if one doesn't have time to comment on all replies. I'm a very slow poster.

Take care and Happy Monday,
darlene
Old 08-25-2003, 08:14 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Marcie - a half pound is great.

Ellis - will you quit hanging out your laundry!!! We got a smidge of rain, the dogs got muddy paws and Gail arrives shortly!

2dog - You deserved a long hold of that baby. Hey, you were nearly in Ontario - only about 20 hours from my place. You should have come in!

sflake - I hope to get that great feeling of accomplishment later today. I definitely will be doing gardening so I know what's what out there and can figure out where bulbs can go.

I got some very bad news yesterday - a friend's nephew was killed coming home from a Saturday night wedding near here. Apparently his "kids", in their 20's, were drunk and fighting in the back seat. Their Dad stopped the car to break it up and was hit and killed by another car. Very tragic and those "kids" will need to live with that forever. My friend Frances is devastated but is coping by looking after a herd of grand kids. She is tough as heck but seems to have so many bad things happening to her and her family.

After the marathon weekend, I'm in practice for a marathon week! Gail comes this morning and I plan to do some garden tidying while she is here. This afternoon will be spent on finishing up the school artwork prize allocations and tomorrow morning we sort the kids' work back into schools. School doesn't start until the 2nd and we won't deliver it back that week but it'll be nice to get it done. I won't go into the rest of the week! At least I got my Friday cake layers baked and frozen and meals planned for the week.

Oh yes - Hershey needs a bath. She got some cake batter dropped on her back yesterday! (I never said I was a tidy cook! ) She and Lucy licked away at it but she has a part of her fur now in spikes! Silly girls! they could have styled it better!

I hope everyone has a marvellous Monday on The Beach.

P.S. Nikki and Zen - good morning. You two snuck in. OMG, Nikki - a frassing rat!!!
Zen - don't even try to respond to everyone. I have a hard time doing that too
Old 08-25-2003, 08:28 AM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh Ruth... what a terribly sad story. I'll say prayers for Frances and her family.
Listen, I'll stop hanging out my laundry if you stop cleaning before your cleaning lady arrives.

Nikki, that is DISGUSTING!!

Sflake, I use light Hellmans. And I'll often squeeze some fresh garlic into the mayo before I add it to the coleslaw.

Twodog, thanks for the kick in the pants. Glad you had such a lovely day at the shower.

Where's gofishin and Sil?

love and hugs to all...
Old 08-25-2003, 08:40 AM   #10  
Imagine...

Ruth ditto my condolences for that tragic loss. What a horrible accident. I will pray for the family.

Ellis thanks for the slaw low down. I was just wondering the same thing about Sil & gofish.
Old 08-25-2003, 09:42 AM   #11  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone! The visitation was difficult, but it was obvious that it meant a lot to Beulah that we were there, so I am glad we went. Her son is staying in town a few days after the funeral, so I am hoping to bring her some dinner and company a day or two after he leaves. After the visitation we went to a BBQ at a friend's house. I WAS BAD! (but better than in the past.....at least my appetite has shrunk!!) DH has started his new job (classes start Wed. but he has meetings to go to) and the kids started school today. I need to get back to work, but I REALLY want to nap and relax!!!

Marcie-WONDERFUL story!! My main mouse memories involve my cats "gifting" me with their prey.....by leaving them in my slippers!!! EEEEKKKK!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss!!!!

Ellis-I am SO glad you said that!! I was sitting here thinking, "Maybe I could start TOMORROW when I read your post. You are right of course. WE START TODAY!!! YELL!!!!!!! TODAY!!!!!! YELL!!!!!!

2dog-Yes, it was the same gentleman. He really lived a long full life, but he was such a great guy that I'll miss him. The kids are pretty shaken up. Even my 16 year old cried, and he usually tries to act tough these days. Glad to hear that you had such a nice time at the baby shower!! AND that you had a good long time to hold the baby!! Good going on staying on plan too; that can be really difficult at those types of get togethers!

sflake-GOOD GOING!!! Maintaining is GREAT, AND you got lots of exercise in with your gardening. I add some vinegar to my slaw too, which means you can use less mayo (some would add splenda too, but I like mine TART!!!)

Nikkiloo-WHAT A GREAT STORY!! Yes, it is kinda creepy that it was a rat, but your daughter is obviously a real animal lover!!!

Zen-I need to exercise too. AND get back on track with the food!!!

Ruth-So sorry to hear about your friend's nephew. VERY tragic. You are right about the kids carrying that for the rest of their lives too. You are really a baking maniac!!! And pies too!! I've done marathon bakes with cookies or muffins, but can't bake a good pie (especially the crust) to save my life! They are HARD!! And meals planned for the WEEK?!? I don't know what I am making TONIGHT, and I haven't been as busy as you have been!!!!
Old 08-25-2003, 09:50 AM   #12  

Okay- Now that I am itching and totally FREAKED by your rat/mouse/rodent stories....GOOD MORNING!!!! Sorry, but mice and rats are my number one phobia of all times. The other day we had a mouse in my office and I contemplated going home early. I would not go in my office unless I had to, and checked my email with my feet propped up on my desk. I know I am pitiful. One time, I had a mouse in my room and I slept in the bed with my parents for three days until we caught it ( I was 22).
Anyway.... I am still on Phase 2, haven't weighed myself since last week, when I was the same. Not bad...I am just slow at losing weight. My body likes to hold on to it like it is gold or something valuable!!! I am glad to see that all of you are doing well on the beach...

Ruth- I am sorry to hear of your friend's loss. I will keep her family in my prayers.

Reaching Zen- Congrats on the 5 pound loss. That is AWESOME!!!!

SFlake- I like your attitude about the scale not moving. Keep it up!!!

To everyone else, I will try to post later, but my client just arrived so I've got to run...Have a great day!!
Old 08-25-2003, 09:51 AM   #13  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Thumbs down BACK TO THE BEACH 4ME!!

HEY TO ALL U BEACHIN BABES!! My Dell frm **** ate my 1st post ,no telling were u may find it..Aft 2 viruses,I think I've loaded enough protection. Took a few weeks off & gained a few #'s,junk/fast food addiction,not a good idea so bk to PH1..Lurked on a ALTERACHIC(splng) thread this a.m. & found interesting bio's on some of u Beachers(ROCKSTAR FOR ONE)..Wl try to post my bio over there 2day,,Running late so need to get my run/walk in then wl post and say hey to all,,,Ellis/Sflake thanks for asking,,, ...............GOFISHIN
Old 08-25-2003, 10:03 AM   #14  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Jackie-I lose weight slowly too after the first couple of weeks. trying to look at it as a WOL rather than a diet so that the slow loss doesn't bug me. of course LATELY I have been pretty bad, but back on track today!!

Gofishin'-Glad to see you back!! I've been doing the same thing. Vacation and end of the summer celebrations have taken their toll, so back to phase 1!!!
Old 08-25-2003, 10:07 AM   #15  
In Control: E+R=O

Ruth, that's so sad about your friend's nephew! What an awful tragedy for that family. I will keep his family in my prayers.

gofishin, I was wondering where you were! I missed your posts, glad to see you're back.

I need to get back to work, should be working, not playing on the computer!!! Bad dog!
Closed Thread