Old 01-26-2012, 01:26 PM   #1  
Taking it 1lb at a time!

S/C/G: 291/Ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Muffin Top? Did/Do you have one?

I know everyone loses weight from different parts of their body durring different stages in their weight loss journey, but this is the one thing I honestly hate most about my body. It drives me nuts! Ive always had one so Im sure mine will be with me all the way to the end of my journey, even though I hope it decides to slim down when I get to around 200lb
CocoTruffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:36 PM   #2  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

OHHHH yes.

Fat Free Dressing tanks by Flexees. Miracle. If I wear the wrong kind of pants I still have one :/... but these take care of it!

You'll get there, keep on keepin' on!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #3  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Yep, when I wear pants too tight for me I'll have one which in the end makes me look horrible.

So moral of MY story is wear proper fitting clothing so I look good, not squished in and spilling on top. hehe
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/256.3/160

Height: 5'10"

I only get one if I wear pants that are too tight/don't fit properly. I try not to squeeze myself into anything. It is very unattractive. I try not to worry about the size of the pant but rather how it fits!
KatTheAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:02 PM   #5  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

i second wearing "shaping camisoles".

i bought a two back at costco and i wear them almost every day, not just for vanity purposes but also because sometimes my shirts are a little sheer and i hate that. also, i get pretty cold, so its good to wear a second layer.
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #6  
Pain Is Fuel

S/C/G: 180/176/118

Height: 5'5

I had a permanent one super bad when I started out, now it has shrunk and is almost gone. The remaining fat is hanging on to my sides for dear life though haha. It bothers me as well but it makes me more determined to work if off
Mimzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 285/169/Ticker

Even thin people can get muffin tops if their pants are too tight. I just try to be generous on my bottoms. If I'm wearing a shapelier bottom, I'll wear a lose top to balance out.

I know everyone is different but I'm your height and weigh around 200 (198 this morning). My muffin top is semi-nonexistent when I wear pants that fit. Without clothes.. it's still kinda there though.
shellofself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:52 PM   #8  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

Only when my pants are to tight. One of the reasons I really like jeans with a little stretch. Fits perfectly to your figure =D...
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:30 AM   #9  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

I have a curvy hour glass shape (I like to call the Beyonce shape) body, but where my waist would tuck in heading down it would really pudge out! So I did have a bad muffin top, so I would wear bigger sized jeans and pull it up over the muffin top to hide it.

Recently, I think it's slowly starting to go away! I need a new pair of jeans soon, so I'm hoping to get some that fit properly on my hips not halfway to my waist!!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:00 AM   #10  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Yep, after gaining WAY too much weight in my first pregnancy I have a lovely built-in muffin top. It's really gets me stuck between a rock and a hard place. Either I:

a. buy pants that fit at the waist but since my midsection is really fluffy and jiggly they always end up cutting in to some extent and give me a muffing top

or

b: buy pants that are too big but then they slide down and my lovely built-in muffin top is shown because that's just the way my midsection is

I just can't win!

I do think part of the problem for me, though, is that pants don't come up high enough. I have a relatively long torso and a large butt so the best fitting pants on me would come up pretty high in the back. However, pants that are high in the front don't work well either because they look like "mom jeans" so what I'd really like is a pair of pants that come up high in the back/sides and dips down more in the front. I actually drew a picture of them at one point.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:03 AM   #11  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

I do and I don't. It depends on the cut of the pants really. Too high and I have a muffin top regardless. I need low-rise jeans/pants.

Some 0s give me epic muffin tops of doom, LOL! :s
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #12  
Taking it 1lb at a time!

S/C/G: 291/Ticker/150

Mine is totally built in like a few of you have said lol. My waist size is actually the same as it was when i weighed around 190lb but my lower belly and upper belly kind of puffed out go figure. Its like my waist was/is trying to hang onto the thin me for dear life.
CocoTruffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/185.2/155

Height: 5'10"

It's like the story of my life!!! I have always had the muffin top, and like many of you all, I find that I need to wear bigger pants which are loose in the thighs just to fit around my waist!

I'm not sure if losing weight will solve the problem entirely, but I hope that someday I'll have jeans that don't need to be pulled up completely over my waist!
ohlauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:37 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 196(HW220) /149.5/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromfat View Post
I have a lovely built-in muffin top. It's really gets me stuck between a rock and a hard place. Either I:

a. buy pants that fit at the waist but since my midsection is really fluffy and jiggly they always end up cutting in to some extent and give me a muffing top

or

b: buy pants that are too big but then they slide down and my lovely built-in muffin top is shown because that's just the way my midsection is

I just can't win!
I have the exact same problem. Tight pants, loose pants, pants that fit perfectly, high rise, low rise, mid rise – I’ve tried them all and they all give me a muffin top. There’s just no way to win.

But I’m still hopeful that I’ll lose the built-in muffin top as I lose more weight. I definitely have some extra fat to lose from that area
SparkleBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #15  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkleBE View Post
I have the exact same problem. Tight pants, loose pants, pants that fit perfectly, high rise, low rise, mid rise – I’ve tried them all and they all give me a muffin top. There’s just no way to win.

But I’m still hopeful that I’ll lose the built-in muffin top as I lose more weight. I definitely have some extra fat to lose from that area
Well, I have to say it has gotten better, but, ugh, it's still there! Today, for example, I was wearing pants that are big around the waist (I can pull them out quite a bit away from my body), yet they slide down and then I have a noticeable muffin top, I just can't win!!!!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote