Old 05-31-2012, 09:31 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #279 Bale of Turtles Doing the Best They Can!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:36 PM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I had an OP day and got to walk on the boardwalk with dh. We had a great day running errands and feeling more in control of things. Thought you'd like to know!
Judy
234.6/191/179 and thinner to goal
Old 06-01-2012, 07:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

TGIF Gals just posted in #278 no time right now to do it again!!!!!!

Silly me!!!!!!!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #4  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Terri, I read both your posts. Keep encouraged! You know what you're doing and you know what to do. You're the best. Keep on keepin' on.
When you get down, we're all here to pick you up.
Love,
Judy
TGIF to you all. Have a great weekend. Dh and I are taking it a bit easy here and it feels good.
234.6/190/179 and thinner to goal.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Saturdy to you all!

I am in the process of getting ready to head to WW W/I and the meeting then off to the grocery store. I am then going to head to a Fiber Festive with some of my knitting pals to look around and then we are going to have lunch out. Both of them are super skinny and they are talking about Pizza for lunch, I will have the salad since I am not a skinny minny!

Well the place that I am currently assigned to has offered me a full time perm job, the offer was good so I have accepted it. It is no perfect but it is a permanent job and at my age I really need to get a retirement plan in place so for now it will work.

Terri: I hear the discouraged part... hang in there and keep your eye on the prize and your goal in front of you!

Bandit: Congrats to you and your TOPS chapter!

Judy: Sounds like you have a good plan in place!

Cherry: Hope they get your health issue figured out.

Life: How are you doing?
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #6  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess, you sound so busy for today! Have a great time with your buddies.
I am happy that you'll have a permanent job. I know you'll figure out a way to make it more ideal than it is at the moment. You rock!

To all our buddies, keep on keepin' on. and :

We're having so many maintenance problems around the house. We are lucky enough to have a swimming pool, but so far it's cost us big bucks to get it started and we;re not out in the clear yet. Heater just stopped working after we paid to have it fixed. Ugh. Well, I'm going to go out and clear away some weeds and do the best I can in my little garden. That'll make me feel better. Also our family is coming in for dinner tonight, so I'm happy about that. Food can be a challenge, but I'll make it work.

So happy to have this group. Have a great weekend!!!
Love,
Judy
234.6/189/179 and thinner
Old 06-03-2012, 06:42 AM   #7  

Good Morning everyone! Yesterday was a busy but fun day! I went to W/I and was actually down .4 so was happy about that, still have more to go to get the previous weeks gain off.

Youngest DS and his GF came over for dinner last night and we cooked out, it was a wonderful evening! Oldest DS, DIL and G-Baby are coming over later this afternoon to cook out so while we were not able to be all together at one time I am getting to see everyone this weekend which is wonderful!

Thinking about going to a cycling class this morning and maybe a walk later on today with the dogs, DH has to work a bit today so I may just make it an active day and get some exercise in.

Judy: Im sorry to hear about all the repairs, I know how that is and that is not an easy place to be - best wishes that things calm down a bit for you. In my last house we had a very large in-ground pool and while it was wonderul to have it was a ton of work and expense! Take care of yourself and try not to stress too much.

All: Have a great day!
Old 06-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #8  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
have a great day!

{Princess, thanks for the uplifting words. Glad you got to see your family this weekend. and congrats on your : We're all moving forward and not worrying about the past (although, in spite of myself I'm still working on knocking off the weight I put on the last couple of months. I was sooooooooooooo close to 179 and blew it. I'll get there asap)

Have a great day gals.
JUdy
234.6/189/179 and closer to goal
Old 06-04-2012, 07:14 AM   #9  

Hey All

Busy weekend, moving my Mom from one room to another at the retirement home. It had to be done, she is all settled!

So yes lets move forward and downward!!!!!!!
Have a great week!!!!
Terri
Old 06-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #10  
Chick

Moving forward and downward!!!! The WW compass and our motto!
Terri, glad you got your Mom moved.

Everyone have a great day!
We've been having lots of rain here----off again, on again.

Wed. I'm having some WW pals over for lunch. It's a potluck and one of the members insists on bringing most of the food. She's a doll and my friend who lost 230#. She's had it off for about 20 years now. Can you imagine?

Have a great day!
Judy
234.6/189/184 and thinner
Old 06-05-2012, 04:40 AM   #11  

Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday!

Super sleepy this morning so just a quick hello and hope everyone is doing well!
Old 06-05-2012, 06:32 AM   #12  

Hey All

Princess I think the sleepy is going around!!!

Judy it is cooler and rain on and off here too!! Suppose to be a warm dry weekend, so looking forward to that!

Have a great day gals

Terri
Old 06-05-2012, 08:45 AM   #13  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Okay.......I've got my weight loss plan in effect. When I keep to 1200calories or a smidge less, I take off weight. When I let the calories climb all the way up to 1300 (lol) I stay the same. Although that's not the cheeriest news, it is life and in the past I would have done anything to *know* what worked for me. I also know that walking helps and somehow I've got to convince myself that this is what I *want* to do. Lots of you are on a regular basis. Any tips????

Have a great day everybody. Hey Princess and Terri, I'm off to a slow start too. Today I attend my writing group and that should be fun. Tomorrow is the WW luncheon at my place. Guaranteed to be fun!!!

Chat soon.
Judy
234.6/189/184 and thinner (according to my dd, it's better to think in small increments, achieve them, and then move to the next small achievement all the time thinking "I can do this!!"
Old 06-06-2012, 06:09 AM   #14  

Good Morning everyone and happy Wednesday!I am working from home today but am running late so this will be quick. The scale is not moving but i have inceased my exercise and am hungry this week so I need to really work on it from all angles I guess.... keep my food in line and keep exercising and hopefully it will all even out.

Judy: you are doing so great and have a plan in place... we can do this and get to where we want to be!

Terri: Sleepy is the thing for me lately too, I have been getting to bed later and later and lack of sleep impacts my weight loss also so I need to work on that!

Bandit: How are you doing? This weather has been crazy good lately!

Life and Cherry - hope you guys are doing well!
Old 06-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #15  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess, I always find that when I'm hungry, I lose weight that week. I bet you will too. Keep up the good work with and We're doing this!

Cherry and Life and Terri and Bandit and all our buddies......keep up the good work.

My WW lunch is today. It's interesting over the past 12 years (I rejoined in 2000) how many gals have come and gone in WW's. I wish them all the best, but know it's a good place for me to be. I have actually made some friends with the gals there. And this site is so wonderful for me. I think about some of our past buddies here and always wish they'd chime in to let us know how we're doing. And in this present.......we are doing this@!

Have a great day.
Judy
234.6/189/184 and thinner