Old 05-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/205/140

Height: 5'8"

Default Non-egg Breakfast Ideas?

I've never really had much of a problem with eggs, but I've never really eaten them all that frequently. I think I might have a slight allergy to eggs. My sister has a moderate egg white allergy, so it's really quite possible. If I have like, cake or something made with eggs, I'm fine. But if I eat an omelet, I have severe stomach pains all day long. So I'm really going to have to avoid eggs for now.

Any non-egg breakfast ideas? On days when I work, sometimes I'll just grab an Atkins shake, or some other low-carb shake to drink in the car because I'm really not a huge breakfast eater. That is plenty for me until I have a snack a couple of hours later. But on weekends, I get up a little later and prefer to eat something a little more substantial. Any ideas??
kurbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/130

Height: 5'9" Age: 19

Whey isolate protein shake powder: They come in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla, and are much cheaper than the Atkins shakes. You can find some with only 1 net carb.

Cream cheese bagel: (combine 4 tbs flax meal, 2 tbs butter, 1/2 tsp baking powder, an egg, then mic for 1 min). Let it cool, cut it, toast it, and spread your cream cheese on it. 1.4 carbs for the bagel itself.

Sausage patties: Pretty self explanatory. I like fusing them together with cheese. Sometimes I put egg inbetween there too so it's like a sandwich, but you could put lettuce or something else in it.

Last edited by Ramra; 05-26-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Ramra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #3  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

kurbain, in addition to Ramra's tasty suggestions, there is this thread too in Low Carb Frequently Asked Questions (Just perusing it myself!)
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

My problem has always been that I don't like to eat in the morning....and just want coffee. I must have my coffee (or 2 or 3).....but then don't get an appetite for food for a few hours. I've been like that as far back as I can remember.

But to be honest....having been in Atkins mode for several years now (in maintenance for about the past 3 years)....my MOA is that breakfast does not have to be "breakfast" food. As long as a meal is Atkins-friendly....it doesn't matter what meal it is. And if that means chicken salad for breakfast....no problem.
If it means broccoli with butter and shredded cheese for breakfast...so be it.

If I'm hungry...and it's Atkins-okay....I don't care what time of day it is or what meal it is....it's what I'm having. Everyone who knows me is quite used to seeing me eat chicken for breakfast.

Deena
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:24 AM   #5  

Deena, ha! I sometimes eat lunch or dinner food as breakfast too... As long it has coffee with it, it seems totally normal!
Old 05-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkshireGrl View Post
Deena, ha! I sometimes eat lunch or dinner food as breakfast too... As long it has coffee with it, it seems totally normal!
And scrambled eggs with shredded cheese and shredded bacon makes a great dinner too!

What to do with left-over chicken? Why, have it for breakfast, of course!

deena
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #7  
110lbs BustedOff/more2go

S/C/G: 330/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkshireGrl View Post
agree!
weekdays are morning shakes for me but weekends I have like steak and lentals with a veggies mix of onion tomato celery cucumber tossed in oil balsamic vinigar yummm breakfast lol
justanotherchix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 265/205/140

I just can't do really non-breakfasty foods that early in the morning. I really miss eating cereal!!
kurbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #9  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurbain View Post
I just can't do really non-breakfasty foods that early in the morning. I really miss eating cereal!!
I went to the Atkins.com site and got a recipe for a MIM. Muffin in a minute made in a coffee mug. I have it practically every day with real butter, or Temptee Whipped Cream Cheese

Also, Atkins has come out with a Day Break bar and Day Break shake, I wouldn't use them every day, but it is better than going off plan. When you get to OWL, you can have some berries and low carb yogurt.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:55 PM   #10  

kurbain, I miss stuff like cheese Danishes and croissants... Some people can chow down on that stuff and have no problems, but not me. I have convinced myself that the trade-off for better health is totally worth it It's hard at first, but it does get easier!

Now that I am a few weeks into low-carbing, I can walk past eclairs at work (drool!) and only have a tiny twinge of wanting them. Before, it would have been torture for me. I also secretly get a kick out of "winning" another victory against the sweet temptations offered to me directly or indirectly!
Old 05-28-2012, 08:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 306/253/205

Height: 5' 10"

kurbain: I go for the protein... leftovers, cheese, tuna, whatever.. and coffee!

Serenity: Going to check out the "Muffin in a Minute in a Mug", at Atkins.com it sounds very interesting!
lilywinsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:56 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

I am allergic to eggs so this has been a challenge to me also. I use the atkins choc shakes. They have 2g net carbs and arent full of sugar or sugar alcohols. It fills me up and I dont mind the taste. I do need a snack sooner if thats the only thing I have for breakfast but generally something small like a cheese stick does the trick. I like the almond cranberry atkins bars with my shake in the morning but that does have sugar alcohols and those can make people stall. So far I havent had an issue and figure I will weed them out if I do.

One breakfast I like for the weekends when I have time is a "scramble" with out the egg. So I take everything that I might put into scrambled eggs like bacon or sausage, green peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Saute them and add some cheese "scramble" it all up and man is it good!
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 299/268/145

Height: 5'4

I love breakfast experiments and new recipes.

Iced frappucinos: http://yourlighterside.com/recipe-lo...y-frappuccino/

You can try it with different tea flavors. I love it. there are ones on the site for coffee but I don't drink coffee.

Easy Breakfast Shake: http://www.sugarfreesheila.com/RecipesPage.html

Creamy and rich. I do it for a breakfast treat sometimes because it is so rich.

Mock Brownie Danish: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/brownie_mock_danish.html

You can do it without cocoa for less carbs. Chocolatey and delicious
Kierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:42 PM   #14  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 300/235/190

Height: 5'7

I like smoked salmon and cream cheese on a lettuce wrap.
TempleBody is offline   Reply With Quote