Old 06-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Switching to MetaBalance

I would love to hear anyone's experiences with MetaBalance.

Last edited by camaswa; 06-01-2012 at 06:08 PM.
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

I'll be switching to metabalance too. I have been at the same weight for the last 3 weigh in's, so my counselor wanted me to give metabalance another try since I have been exercising more. She said they only recommend walking while on plan and in addition to that I have been taking a boot camp class and yoga. I have done metabalance before and pretty much had the same results as meta slim (I think I am just a slow loser due to age maybe?) Hoping switching to meta balance with more excercise this time helps me drop these last few pounds. (last time I did meta balance it was due to hunger triggering migraines). Counselor also said I have a high muscle mass so I my just need more calories. who knows........I think they just keep trying different menu's & supplements to see if anything works better. She also suggested meta protein but I don't think I could stick with that menu (6 oz. protein, veggies, fat and no fruit or starches)

Camaswa = are you switching to metabalance due to exercise? I remember you said you did a lot of weight training. Hope it works out for you (and me too )
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #3  

My primary reason is that I continue to have a difficult time managing my hunger, especially at the end of the day. I will have an HNS around 3:30 or 4 to try to prevent it, but still by the time I get home at about 5:30 or 6, I'm just a mess, I feel so depleted. Of course there is no cooked meal ready to sit down to, so I simply have to have something to eat right then. And more often than not I find it difficult not to drink a glass of wine too. It brings that old blood sugar right up...

This has been a problem for me my entire life and the main complaint I have with MRC. They say I should be about to go 4-5 hours between meals and I simply cannot. When no snacks are allowed, I just find myself cheating all the time. An HNS just doesn't last, especially the clear. The counselor talks a lot about identifying emotional eating triggers, and while I know I have them, I know the end of the day is physical because I am so wiped out. I hesitate to talk about this too much, because I don't want them to try to sell me some herbal crap.

No one has ever talked to me about exercise, although they definitely know I work out since I go to my trainer immediately after my weigh-in and am always watching the clock to make sure I get on and out on time.

I considere doing this a long time ago, but didn't. Today I have started for real. I had a gain at yesterday's weigh-in and then rebelliously decided to eat whatever I wanted last night. Not the smartest idea, since it a LOT of carbs werre involved, but it's done now, and i'm way past that beating myself up phase. This is life. Today I'm having Greek yogurt and an HNS in between my meals, which are pretty much the same except a tad less protein. The test will be a weekday when I'm up early and dealing with my long commute, but today I am liking it.

I'm over 50, like you Faerychic, in the midst of menopause, and I do think it is harder. But I'm not quitting. I want to see 155. I don't think I could do that 6 oz protein with no starch or fruit either, by the way.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #4  

CAMASWA: do you have the new metabalance menu? or does anyone else? I am a bit suprised that there is more food on it. I just got it over the weekend and called my center this morning to ask if I have the right menu - they told me Level 1 metabalance was for women under 200 pounds. I think I will stick with the serving sizes for the old menu and just take advantage of the new foods added. I also like that you can choose your between a fruit and starch at each meal.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerychic View Post
CAMASWA: do you have the new metabalance menu? or does anyone else? I am a bit suprised that there is more food on it. I just got it over the weekend and called my center this morning to ask if I have the right menu - they told me Level 1 metabalance was for women under 200 pounds. I think I will stick with the serving sizes for the old menu and just take advantage of the new foods added. I also like that you can choose your between a fruit and starch at each meal.
Mine doesnt have a Level but says REV Mar12, so I guess that is new. It does allow starch OR fruit at each meal, plus one or the other and an HNS for two snacks. The third snack is dairy and HSN. It feels like a lot more food.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 173.5 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5' 6.5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaswa View Post
Mine doesnt have a Level but says REV Mar12, so I guess that is new. It does allow starch OR fruit at each meal, plus one or the other and an HNS for two snacks. The third snack is dairy and HSN. It feels like a lot more food.

I have one that says "Rev MAR 2009, MAY 2012"

Mine has 3 snacks and they are just like what you said. First is HNS with Fruit; Second is HNS with Starch; Third is HNS with Dairy.

I just switched on Sunday, and it has been really hard for me to fit all the food into my schedule as I work full time. I am eating CONSTANTLY!
Breakfast: 8:30am
Morning Snack: 10:00am
Lunch: 12:00pm
Afternoon Snack: 3:00pm
Dinner: 7:00pm
Evening Snack: 9:30pm
Between that and upping my water to 80 ounces due to working out more (I am training for the breast cancer 3 day), I feel like I am constantly eating and drinking!

Last edited by melissab617; 06-12-2012 at 01:47 PM.
melissab617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:47 AM   #7  

Hi all,

I hope you can help.

I started meta-slim 3 weeks ago. Under 200 pound menu. The first week I lost 6 pounds, but suffered from low blood sugars, extreme hunger, and constant tiredness.

These last 2 weeks I have only lost 2 pounds a week. I am still exhausted and HUNGRY all of the time. I explained that I workout...a lot...45 minutes of cardio 3 times a week and lift heavy weights (30) 3 times a week. I really think I should be on the meta balance menu. What do you all think? I really appreciate and advice. Thank you.
Tired of being tired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #8  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of being tired View Post
Hi all,

I hope you can help.

I started meta-slim 3 weeks ago. Under 200 pound menu. The first week I lost 6 pounds, but suffered from low blood sugars, extreme hunger, and constant tiredness.

These last 2 weeks I have only lost 2 pounds a week. I am still exhausted and HUNGRY all of the time. I explained that I workout...a lot...45 minutes of cardio 3 times a week and lift heavy weights (30) 3 times a week. I really think I should be on the meta balance menu. What do you all think? I really appreciate and advice. Thank you.
My counselor at my center told me not to exercise much because this is such a low calorie menu so i only did 10-15 mins of a mild walk 4 times a week.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
My counselor at my center told me not to exercise much because this is such a low calorie menu so i only did 10-15 mins of a mild walk 4 times a week.
Thank you for the reply. I have spent a long time trying to get my body into a physically fit routine. I don't want to stop exercising because I've come so far. I hope that makes sense. I don't just want to be skinny, I want to be strong and fit. They don't want to put me on a meta-balance menu because I haven't "technically" plateaued yet. However, since I'm always so exhaused, I think my ody is trying to tell me something...

Can anyone tell me the difference between the slim and balance menu? Thank you for your help.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #10  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Thank you for the reply. I have spent a long time trying to get my body into a physically fit routine. I don't want to stop exercising because I've come so far. I hope that makes sense. I don't just want to be skinny, I want to be strong and fit. They don't want to put me on a meta-balance menu because I haven't "technically" plateaued yet. However, since I'm always so exhaused, I think my ody is trying to tell me something...

Can anyone tell me the difference between the slim and balance menu? Thank you for your help.
I have not heard of the meta balance? I've been having hunger cravings at night do to not snacking between meals, i'm actually on maintenance and all the foods they throw backin during stabilization i can't hardly eat. Seems like i'm over eating.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 340/205/190ish

Height: 5'9"

I was watching Dr. Oz the other day and he was talking about different types of exhaustion and one thing that would help all types was Magnesium in the diet. He recommended at least 3 servings of it a day to keep you going. I remember boiled spinach and raspberries since that's on my plan. I would google it to get the complete list.
Keylani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #12  

Quote:

The metabalance plan has a bit more food. Instead of having an HNS with your meals you have them as a snack along with a starch, dairy and fruit. For example; mid-morning snack would be HNS with fruit, mid-afternoon HNS with starch, evening HNS with dairy. You should ask your conselor to see a copy of the menu. When I was struggling on plan I was told I could switch to metabalance or meta protein (not sure if that is what it is called - it is more protein and really no starches). My main issue was being hungry all the time, which lead to migraines. The metabalance plan definitely helped. They say you won't lose as much though - expect only 2 pounds per week. I would think they could figure out something for you.....one size does not fit all. I actually had one of the more experienced counselors tell me to eat egg whites along with my HNS snacks on metaslim.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 167/129/125

Height: 5'2"

I'm on the Metabalance program--it's definitely more food. I was on Metabalance for Breastfeeding but it was a TON of food, so now I split the difference between regular Metabalance and the Breastfeeding menu. Loss is definitely slower--2 pounds a week is the most I've lost. But at least it's steadily coming off.
MrsRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:07 AM   #14  

Thank you all for your comments.

I do like the idea of being able to have a few more carbs, woohoo! Unfortunatly, they won't switch me over to the meta-balance because I haven't plateaued. I am only losing about 2 pounds a week on the meta-slim, so they claim it's working. I am actually wondering if my body is in a sort of starvation mode and that's why I'm not losing more than 2 pounds a week. Since they won't switch me over to the Meta-balance menu I'm not sure of the portions/carbs/new foods/dairy etc. If anyone is willing to tell me this info, I would love to try and see if my body reacts better.

Thanks all, and let's keep up the good work. New Year, new us!
Old 01-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 167/129/125

Height: 5'2"

I'm not positive about the regular plan you're already on, but I think the main differences are the snacks. Like the previous posts have said, It's eating something every 2-3 hours. But portion sizes arent bigger--the only extra calories are the food that goes with the hns during snack. Also, I can have a bar to replace one of the snacks entirely. I usually do at least one of my snacks in the car during my commute and it's nice to be allowed a bar every day for that.

The breastfeeding menu is the same but the protein and veggie portions are WAY bigger (6 oz protein, 12ounces raw veggies!!, DOUBLE veggies at dinner.) I felt like I was training to be a sumo wrestler, not lose weight!

Last edited by MrsRiker; 01-01-2013 at 01:32 PM.
MrsRiker is offline   Reply With Quote