Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 01:07 PM   #1  
joe_anne2SUCCESS --{-@

S/C/G: 340/255.6/175

Height: 5'3"

Talking 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#395

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Saturday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations
Old 08-23-2003, 01:17 PM   #2  
joe_anne2SUCCESS --{-@

S/C/G: 340/255.6/175

Height: 5'3"

Talking Hellooooo

Hi friends
Sorry for being gone, but I've had such a none stop week, getting my kids off to school and trying to get myself enrolled back in college.
For sure I have not been on my best behavior, at least for exercising, and my eating can use some improvement. since I've got most everything taken care of, now I can focus on all that.
I also figured it was my turn to start the new thread, so I hope I did everything alright?
I'll be back later to catchup on everyone, see ya later
Old 08-23-2003, 02:10 PM   #3  
I'm on my way!

Hey Kat...isn't it gorgeous outside???

I just finished running errands for the day now I need to get this pig sty house cleaned up! I cleaned out the fridge and have tons of plastic stuff to wash now along with breakfast dishes too! I did throw on a load of laundry before I left! Now to just get it into the dryer! Maybe after someone will come along and fold and hang and put away? No such luck!!

Well I took the boy for his hair cut..he looks so handsome now!! Then I bought him a chicken nugget happy meal and I am proud to say I only had a cheeseburger and a diet coke! That is progress for me!! Its 2:00 and I have only eaten that and the oatmeal today so far! I did pick up two small beef tenderloin steaks for honey and me tonight! Do I am sure I will get some points in there!!

Anyways....while the boy was eating his lunch I drove to Philly to the credit union to deposit my pay so I can pay my car payment and on the way back I just couldn't resist going into that new grocery store FOOD BASICS! I drive right by it on the way to the credit union...so I rationalized and said I need fresh produce...and believe me it was well worth it...I got apples, and red pears (never had them but figured what the heck), I got bananas, nectarines, I got hotdogs for the cookout for andrew's birthday party, I got lunch meat and cheese for John's lunch, I got a jar of fire roasted red peppers for my salads, I got eggs, part skim riccotta cheese which is good for a breakfast treat..I'll get to that, I got squash, cukes, red onions and a bunch of other stuff for my soup...

Ok for the breakfast thingy....toast two pieces of lite bread, mix whatever riccotta cheese you want with a packet of sweetner and spread it on the toast then put it under the broiler for a couple minutes to make it kinda hot and bubbly and you have yourself a danish like breakfast, 1 pt for the bread and however many points you used for the riccotta cheese! You could use it for a snack when you want something sweet. You could even put a little strawberry jam on there too! Ok I am making myself hungry now!

Thin can you repost that peanut butter, cool whip recipe again...I lost mine and can't find the thread you posted it on! Thanks!

Barb...I am sending you a pm about tomorrow as soon as I finish here!

Well I better get going...need to do something in this house before John gets home from work!

TTFN Michelle
Old 08-23-2003, 03:13 PM   #4  
Dancing those pounds away

HI guys... WOW I am getting really behind here.. new thread and I haven't read all of the last one yet.
I fell asleep reading last night and I am writing this offline today.
I just don't have time to read everything today... but I do want to keep connected with my favorite group of LOSERS. LOL

Joanne... thanks for starting this thread.

connie..I am sending tons of good vibes : your way and praying for some relief of your pain.

Michelle... thanks for starting the last new thread...I was shocked last night I was so far behind... and now I am even MORE behind.

Mary.. I have heard that Preparation H is good for all kinds of itching not just rectal.
Have you switched laundry soap or hand soap or shampoo or ANYTHING ???

Terri... did I hear you correct ?? My notes says 2 exercises per day ?? Wow... congratulations.
Pam..NOT eating over stress is a MAJOR success. And it looks like it has paid off.. 5 lbs !!
Barb... Way to go with your 2 lbs too. Ask anyone who hasn't lost 2 lbs how GREAT that is. LOL
Sandy... sleeping in till 7:45... for some that is getting up early. LOL Since I have been taking better care of myself I wake up between 6:30- 7:30 on my own now.

Natalie...I will be on vacation when your birthday arrives... so I am going to sing to you now if you don't mind. LOL
Happy birthday to you... Happy birthday to you ... happy birthday dear Natalie ... Happy birthday to you !!

Melissa... LOL... I am not sure what my notes mean... "good to see you party" ... Hmmmm I don't remember what you wrote now. lol

Tina... I LOVE your new photos. They remind me sooooo much of me and my husband. Two young sprites.... carefree and niave. LOL
Thin... I am so proud of you for returning to Curves. I think you were just suffering from PMS last week.

Okay....That is when I fell asleep reading. I will try to make it back tonight to catch up reading and posting again. I love you all... even if I did not mention you by name. I am just sooo busy again and soooo tired last night I could not finish reading all of the posts.
Old 08-23-2003, 06:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

I'm here to report that I've done my exercise as planned:

morning exercises with the 8 lb weights
1 mile WATP
35 minutes on the spinner

I'll do the dog walk at dark. Right now, he's laying on the floor snoring; sounds like a horse. Bet if I said, WALK, he'd leap two feet in the air. Dumb dog. But he keeps me moving.

Have a great afternoon! I'm off to update balance log.
Old 08-23-2003, 07:32 PM   #6  
Walking by faith

Angry Hi Ladies!

I've been lurking for the last couple of days. I just finished catching up, and you've had some great posts.

Tina: You and your DH are such a cute couple ! Thanks for your post about eating. Yesterday was like that for me. My DH is working, my DS is out wherever, and I'm alone, so I turned to my old friends-the cupboard and the refrigerator. I don't know; I'm not even hungry! I feel like I need to cry or scream or do something, but I'm stuffing it with food. Yesterday I found out that an old friend has had a recurrence of cancer, and it doesn't look good for her. I'm stuck in the house most of the time, and DS is still giving me fits. I'm sorry for venting, but right now I only have you ladies (and the LORD ) to talk to

Barb and Pam: Great job on your weight loss! Pam, I'm sorry you and Jane are going through a rough patch-congrats to you for not turning to food as comfort

Meliss: I liked your post about everything being tailored for thin people. One of my pet peeves is booths in restaurants. Between my overall size and my handicap; it's a real pain getting in and out.

Thin: I'm glad you're back at Curves. Keep up the good work!

Mary: Hope you're feeling better soon

I hope everyone has an excellent weekend. I'm going to try to be in chat later. See you then!
Old 08-23-2003, 08:56 PM   #7  

Wow, I missed almost a whole thread again. I love it when you are all so chatty and give me so much to read. I love learning about your everyday lives.

DH and I went out to dinner tonight and a movie for our Anniversary. We went to the 5:00 showing, so it was only $5.00 each. Then we were going to a resturaunt we had never been to, but we decided to go to one of our favorites instead. It is kind of pricey, but it was a treat for us. Our anniversary is actually Tuesday, but it's hard to do things in the week.

Movie theater seats? Do I need to say anything further? My butt just fit, but so did dh's. And the seats are like crammed in there, but besides us there was only 2 other people in the theater....hahahaha. We say "American Wedding" and I thought it had many funny parts. I would watch again. We love all the American Pie movies so far and this one was good too.

Tina: I loved the pics of you and Ron through the years that was great!!! You guys are so cute together. How old were you when you two started dating? DH and I were 17 and 18.

Mary: Hope the itchys are gone.....

Gonna run and watch the race with hubby now....Hugs to all.

Sandy
Old 08-23-2003, 10:08 PM   #8  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gals -
What a day. We ended up spending part of the day at a Dr. office - last night DH started complaining of pain in his kidney area and this morning he thought we was going to pass out when he urinated. We got into a medical center that is open on weekends. They diagnosed it as a UTI and put him on antibiotics and recommended lots of water and cranberry juice. I felt so bad for him he was in such pain. It takes a lot for him to break down and see a docter so when he said he wanted to go I knew it was serious. He's already asleep for the night so he must really be wiped out. Hopefully the meds will start kicking in for him.

I think I am going to turn in as well. Boy, we have such exciting Saturday nights around my house. Asleep by 10pm.

Joanne --- So happy to see you back. Hopefully things will start slowing down for you so you can get back into your routine.

Michelle --- I sent you a PM. Looking forward to tomorrow!

2cute --- Sorry to hear we bored you to sleep catching up with us. Just kidding, I know you have been running yourself ragged here lately.

Terri --- My, oh, my, what a busy little exerciser you were today! Good Job!

Homebound --- Great to see you popping back in! We wondered where you went.

Sandy --- Sounds like a nice date night with Hubby. Happy (early) Anniversary!!!

Sweet dreams to all!!!
Barb
Old 08-23-2003, 10:18 PM   #9  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! I'm back from my conference. I swear, if I ever see another orange construction barrel, or closed freeway, or detour sign I'll SCREAM!!!! It took me 5 freeways this morning to get to Toledo and it should have only taken me 2. Everytime I'd go a few miles, the freeway would be closed down. Toledo is an hour drive from me, it took 2. Good thing I started out early!

I checked in at chat a little bit ago and no one was there, so either you all forgot, or you weren't too chatty.

I'm gonna head out. You all have a good night.
Old 08-24-2003, 12:57 AM   #10  
Dancing those pounds away

Hidey Ho ladies.
I just woke up ... I was so tired I fell asleep on the couch.
I SHOULD HAVE went straight to bed ... but came here instead.

Thin... glad you made it there and back safe and sound. Although it sounds like the drive was not a very good one. How was the all day workshop?? Did you learn anything new?? It sucks that they would pick rookies over experienced ... especially since you have proved yourself to them over the last 10 years.

Kat... I bet your daughter was excited to get moved in. Her room sounds GREAT... and what a view.!!! What is the name of the school?? Isn't it that fancy , highly prestige one??

Sandy... Happy Anniversary now in case I forget Tuesday. I plan to go to see my mom that day.

Terri and Barb ... I loved what you both had to say to Melissa.
Thanks.. I needed to hear it too.

Melissa.. I too let my weight run and ruin my life. I would want to see people ... but did not want them to see me. It is even true within this wonderful group. I did not want any of you to see me either. BUT I have changed since getting more active. I am so excited to see all of you next spring/early summer... fat or thin. (me)

Tina... I could totally relate to your goal is to be able to be picked up again.
I have NEVER been picked up... not even across the threshold.
and now even if I lose all of my weight... my husband's back is too bad and old. So I guess that is one of my dreams that will never be fullfilled.
I met my hubby about a month before his 16th birthday.
He LIED to me and told me he was already 16 because I would not date him if he was only 15. I am 6 months older than him. He got me the cutest little panda bear for my 17th birthday.

Michelle... good job chewing gum. Make sure it is Sugar Free.
It is also good to chew gum while cooking. It stops all of that nibbling and tasting while cooking.

Thin... I am glad you won that inner argument with yourself about Curves.
Sometimes we just HAVE TO DO IT !! I am PROUD of you.

If I missed anyone else I apologize. I think I got everyone.
So much has been going on in my life I don't know where to begin... so I won't.
I am exercising daily... but my food has got to get better.
I am maintaining... no gaining... but I want to lose !!!

I went to the doctor on Friday and she was nonchallant about my nearly 50lb weight loss. Grrr She said it is good that I am doing it slowly instead of fast. That is IT !!! I guess she just doesn't understand what an accomplishment it is for a handicapped FAT OLD lady to exercise and lose weight. LOL
Oh well... I am not doing it for her... I am doing it for ME.

It is nearly midnight so I going. Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.
Old 08-24-2003, 08:50 AM   #11  
I'm on my way!

Ok Barbara I just have to throw some clothes on the boy and get him in the car...then I have to stop for gas...but we will be there!

I'll catch up with you all when I get back from Delaware!

TTFN Michelle
Old 08-24-2003, 08:52 AM   #12  
BELIEVE!

Michelle ---
I'll see you in a little while!!
Old 08-24-2003, 09:19 AM   #13  

Good Sunday Morning Girls,

Jane and I resolved our issues, and we both came to a compromise (of sorts), so we are back on track now, thank you all for your good wishes.

Michelle and Barb, are you two getting to meet today.......WOW!! HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!

thin...sorry we missed you in chat last night, for a few mins it was Terri and Mary, then I joined in, and Terri kept getting off line, then Michelle popped in and that was it, guess the rest of you gals had dates with dh's or were you having big and tasty's???

2cute, how wonderful to be with one person for so long, that is so very admirable!! cant wait to meet you both! counting the days!!

Sandy, glad to hear you and Fern had a good time, many best wishes to you, and here's to the next 14 yrs and beyond!!

Homebound, nice to see you posting again, I HAVE BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT WITH THE STUFFING IT DOWN WITH FOOD! TODAY IS ANOTHER DAY THOUGH, ANOTHER CHANCE TO DO SOMETHINGELSE!! you come to us anytime with anything you need to....we are right here waiting with lots of

Michelle, and Terri, nice talking to you two last night....Terri maybe next Sat night you will not keep popping in and out! Michelle, thanks for mentioning the Christmas Card list, I will pm you with my info, I would really like to participate. Maybe we can all include birthdays too, and anniversaries or any other significant dates. I like posting here with all of you of course, and I love getting e-mails, but sometimes it is a treat to walk to the mailbox and find a treat waiting inside!! One of my favorite things to collect is pretty stationery, and pens, so I have them on hand if anyone wants to correspond the old fashioned way using the "snail mail".

All the rest of you gals, hope you have a healthful day, and take care of yourselves.

oh forgot to tell you, last night Jane and I went to Dairy Queen, she got chocolate ice cream cone, and I got ICE WATER!! came home and had my yogurt and I was perfectly content, if that is not just the craziest!!! talk about progress, feels so good to abstain from all that, I know one little bit, and I'd be sunk!! I have to set boundaries for myself now, something I was never able to do before, IMAGINE THAT??

SEE YOU CHICKIES
Old 08-24-2003, 11:15 AM   #14  

Question Can I join your ladys

I'm new to the board, so I've been surfing around and trying to find some friends. You gals seem wonderful and I was wondering if I could jump on the wagon? I really all the support I can get. I hope all is doing well.
Old 08-24-2003, 12:55 PM   #15  
BELIEVE!

Hi Everyone!
Guess who I just spent the past couple hours with??? Yep, Michelle and I got to get together face to face. I was so nice to sit and chat. We met at a nearby park. She brought her wonderful little boy and dog and I brought my little Charlee with me. It was great!!! It's such a beautiful day out we just hung out at the park and talked and talked.... We were going to get a picture of the two of us to post but there was no one around to take one --- next time!

Kat - any thoughts on a good day for us to go to Peddler's Village? I think we'd all have a great time. Anyone else want to join us??

Pam - I am so happy to hear that you and Jane patched things up! Good job on passing up DQ - you are a strong woman!!

Thin - Sorry to hear about all the construction traffic. I'm glad your home safe and sound.

Aradia --- WELCOME!!! This is a wonderful group. Feel free to jump on in with us. Your name sounds familiar, have you been around before? Hope to see you often.

Well, I just wanted to stop in for a minute. Now I am going to change, hit the gym, then the grocery store and then back home for some house cleaning and hopefully a little relaxing at some point tonight! I'll check back in with you lovely ladies later on.

Barb
Closed Thread