South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 01:50 PM   #1  

Default New -- third day on SBD

Hello Beach Women! I am new and have been on the SBD since Monday (3 days now). I am feeling good and hope there will be results. I live in Guatemala and havent bought the book. I cant find it here. Do you think it is necessary? I have read all I can on the internet and got lots of info from you guys! You are a really supportive group and it is great to hear others on the same.

Questions/Comments:
The third day now and this morning I woke up STARVING! Is that normal?

I am having cravings. Isnt that NOT supposed to happen? Yesterday I wanted ice cream and I am usually not an icecream eater. What is with that? :-( I didnt cave in either.... :-)

How much do you excercise? I have been doing aerobics/toning at least 30 - 45 minutes a day. Not much more because I have two young ones who want my attention all the time.

I teach and start up again next week. Any advice for those working out there? How hard is it to stay on the diet at work?

Thanks!

Mindy Mimi Mom
Old 08-23-2003, 03:04 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Here it is! Sorry but I goofed.
Ah well, I've made mistakes before. I HAVE neen married twice! LMAO!
Old 08-23-2003, 04:59 PM   #3  
Imagine...

I don't think not having the book should be a problem. Just keep to the allowed food lists. Hang in there and the cravings will go away. It takes a while.

No problem with starvation for me. The only craving I ever have is for chocolate, and I will probably crave it forever.

I really don't get as much exercise as I should. You seem to be on track with the exercise. Remember to drink alot of water that might help with the cravings. Let us know how your doing, check out the daily thread posts.

Old 08-23-2003, 05:04 PM   #4  

Default Thanks for your response.

Thanks for your support! I am on day 6 now and have lost 5 lbs! I am feeling good about that. My cravings have gone down except when I am around people who are eating all those yummy foods.... That can be torturous. :-(

I am getting tired of EGGS for breakfast. Any suggestions?

Mindy (Mimi Mom)
Old 08-23-2003, 05:08 PM   #5  
Imagine...

I had tuna this am, you really don't have to have breakfast foods. Just use your imagination. Yippieeeee on the loss!! yeah for you!
Old 08-24-2003, 09:46 AM   #6  
Waiting to Grow Up!

Default breakfast

Hi Mindy,

I don't have time to cook eggs in the morning so skip them unless we have boiled eggs handy ... then only eat the whites anyway.

I usually have Canadian bacon or turkey bacon with 2 sticks of string cheese or allowed cereal. (Back on phase one now so am skipping cereals right now). Sometimes, I will also have a serving of walnuts, almonds or pecans. I love walnuts in oatmeal when I have it.

When we have Fiber One, we add sliced strawberries or peaches sprinkled with Splenda.

Since I don't have eggs often during the wk, I really enjoy having them on the wkends :-)

HTH,
darlene
Closed Thread