Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 01:18 PM   #1  

Angry Hey There

I am Dana. I guess this is the club I need to join. I am among you that need to lose 100lbs.....and a few more to add to that would be nice too. But I will take the 100lbs. I am 23, I just relized how much I really weighed when I became pregnant. I did good while I was pregnant and only gained 16lbs. Lost that all when I had the baby, but decided to go on depo......STAY AWAY FROM THAT. I have discontiued the use of that. I am just waiting for it to get out of my system. I let food control me, even though I never ate enough. I would binge so much when my world came crashing down. But everything is looking better and now that I know how much I truely weigh, before I was pregnant, I never noticed the weight gained.....but I had gained 100lbs. So here I am.....

Dana
165-180
Old 08-23-2003, 02:06 PM   #2  
Crazy Canuck

Welcome Dana,

Congratulations on making the decision to do something that will make you feel really good about yourself. Now that you know emotional eating is your biggest hurdle you can tackle other ways of dealing with issues instead of with food - knowing why we are here is half the battle!

There are lots of people here who know exactly where you're coming from and where you're going - we're all taking this journey together! Good luck
Old 08-23-2003, 02:16 PM   #3  
missaprylj

Talking Welcome, Dana!

Hey Dana, you came to the perfect place if you're looking for support, dieting tips/facts, shoulder to lean on, encouragement, etc. etc. etc. Welcome! Post often, never be shy -Apryl

Old 08-23-2003, 02:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Welcome, Dana! I'm so impressed that you only gained 16 lbs. during your pregnancy. You sound like a very determined person, and I know you will do well on your journey.

Hope you post often!
Old 08-23-2003, 03:01 PM   #5  

Thank you all for the warm welcomes. Sheila, I impressed alot of people only gaining 16 lbs.....my mom told me after I had Logan that she was sure that I would blow up, I just told her you can't do something if you are already there......Hehehe....yeah I have a sense of humor about this thing....I guess it covers up the insecurities of the whole fact. My doctor just told me to watch it. When I got close 13lbs....he says remember we say no more than 15......and he was more than happy with 16.......Jill..I did a lot of thinking while I was pregnant, I figured out what was the matter. I knew I let food control me, I also knew that - even though I wasn't always fat.....I was big.....I was the tallest in my class when I was younger so I was heavier too, so I was use to being the "big girl" -- just not this big, kwim?.....Apryl, first of all I must say I love how your name is spelt -- did you decide to do that or was that your parents choice, my mom replace the i with a y in my middle name...so instead of Marie it is Marye......and when I didn't know I was having a boy or girl if it was a girl she would of been named Zoye Maryah.....and will be when I have a girl, I think changing the i's to y's give character to the name......LOL.....Oh, and I wont be shy, no need to worry about that.......LOL
Old 08-23-2003, 03:21 PM   #6  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Dana, great to have you here! I've also got around 100lb to lose and a few more would be nice.

I joined this forum about 2 weeks ago (is that all?, it seems like longer!) and it is a great source of support, advice and motivation.
Everyone is great

100lb seems like such a lot to lose, but I'm just taking it a day at a time......

Nice to 'meet' you

Amanda
Old 08-23-2003, 03:32 PM   #7  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Dana! That is awesome that you didn't gain much when you were pregnant. I weighed 256 when I got pg with my daughter, and my Dr told me to only gain 10-15lbs. I gained 17 lbs, I was so proud of myself. My daughter was almost 10 lbs of that, and I weighed a bit less after having had her than I did before I got pg.

This is a wonderful forum, jump right in
Old 08-23-2003, 06:57 PM   #8  

Hi Amanda and Raelynn.....
Yeah I am looking at the weight like you Amanda - 1 day at a time, I am not even thinking about the total......just what I am doing each day.
Hey 17lbs is great Raelynn. Did you daughter weigh 10 lbs? Or thats what you lost?
Thanks for the welcome girls
Old 08-23-2003, 07:23 PM   #9  

Dana,

Welcome! It's so great to have you join us. Just jump right in and post often.
Old 08-23-2003, 08:22 PM   #10  

Welcome Dana!

Glad to have you here. Please post often...

I was heavy when I got pregnant, too. I gained 17 lbs with the pregnancy, and my son weighted 10 lbs 3oz!!! Unfortunately, I had postpartum depression and between that and the medication I had to take, I gained 50 lbs AFTER my son was born. It's coming off now, thank goodness...only took until he was three and a half this January for me to get off my behind and do something about my weight.

You will do great-please check in often. We're all here to help each other!

Take care,
Sherry

sw/256
cw/209.5
goal???? maybe 155
Old 08-23-2003, 10:03 PM   #11  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Welcome Dana!

you have found the right place!!!

Dana
Old 08-24-2003, 02:46 AM   #12  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Welcome to the fold, jump right in, we don't bite...hard.
Old 08-25-2003, 03:17 AM   #13  
missaprylj

Welcome, welcome again! My parents named me Apryl. LOL. I actually LOVE my name. My older (half) sisters are Robyn and Raemy so my mother wanted all of her girls to have y's in their names. Isn't that just special? *eye rolls* Have a great day everyone reading this. -Apryl

Closed Thread