Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/188/145

Height: 5'11

Arrow One Week Challenge: May 30-June 6

I don't know about you guys, but I have trouble remaining focused. I've started month-long, summer-long, and life-long challenges, only to change my mind about what I want to do a week later. One week I want to do a workout video every day before breakfast and the next I want to run 30 miles. It could be ADD or something, but I just can't commit to any one plan for too long! I've got to keep it fresh and exciting! Anything long term just seems overwhelming to me.

So this thread is for anyone like me, who wants to challenge themselves, but can only take it one week at a time. Post your goals, check in daily, and we'll see where we're at on June 6!

My goals:This week I'd like to focus on eating 5 servings of vegetables a day, cut out sweets, lift weights 3 days, and run every day. Hopefully I'll be a pound or two lighter by June 6, but that's not my focus - my behaviors are.
magsabags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 172/147/115

Height: 5'2"

Me!! I lose steam fast. I have a broken foot so cardio is out but I want to do floor excersizes every night and I am cutting dairy for the week. Let's see how we do!!
Allthatglitters1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 146/127.9/120

Height: 5'4"

Great idea. Especially as I came off plan this past weekend with all the Memorial Day temptations.

My Goals:
• Stay on plan/within calorie range (1500)
• Tennis 2x, Yoga 3x, Walk 1.5 miles 4-5x
• Don't eat after 8pm
• No junk food!
DottieMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:02 AM   #4  

Hey guys, hope you had a first day of the week yesterday! I'm sticking to my goals pretty well! Although I only ran two miles yesterday, at least I went out and did it. I also lifted weights and boyyyy do I feel it this morning! It was easier to push myself during the strength training workout knowing that I'm only doing this for a week and I can always adjust my plan next week if it's too hard, so so far this week-by-week challenge thing has been helpful! How are you guys doing?
Old 05-31-2012, 01:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 146/127.9/120

Height: 5'4"

Went to Bikram last night and just came back from a long walk at lunch. Not quite as far as I wanted (1.31 miles) and hoping to get some tennis in tonight. Likely only about 30 minutes as my husband and I squeeze it in while our son is taking lessons.

I was so hungry when I got home last night from yoga around 10ish. At first I thought, maybe just an apple? But decided I could just want a little tv to keep my mind off it and then went to bed. So far on track calorie wise today.

I weigh daily and was down to 136.9 today. I'll likely go up tomorrow as I'm always lower the morning after yoga, still it's the lowest weight I've been. woo-hoo!

magsabags - I need to add in strength training too but am struggling to find time to do it mainly because I don't like it. I'd rather do other thing like yoga or tennis. In time perhaps. I don't want to lose the weight and still be flabby.
DottieMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:31 PM   #6  

Wow DottieMae way to go! Yoga tones you up too so I'm sure you won't be flabby! If you don't have a lot of time just do a few squats at odd times throughout the day - I used to do ten every time I went to the bathroom. I should actually start doing that again! Anyway, ten at a time doesn't take too long and it isn't extremely difficult, so maybe that's something you could throw into your routine? Also, great job not breaking your no eating after 8 rule! That's big for me too - I seem to always get myself into trouble late at night.

I ran four miles today, which I'm really happy with! I did break my no sweets rule though - my neighbor brought over some lemon cookies that were just too tempting. I really have a problem with sweets! Every day I seem to say "just this once..."