Old 05-28-2012, 10:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Cool and three times is a charm.... I hope

Well hi again ladies. Once again I went MIA. I was in the process of quitting smoking and doing Atkins. I started having some issues with my heart and kinda started to stress eat. I know smart thing to do when you might have heart problems lol. However I got the heart thing all figured out (all is well) and I got the smoking under control and have officially quit for months now. I did give up on trying to lose because I found it way to hard to do both. I have continued the gym daily but ate a lot of crap to keep my mind of smoking. I am back on but doing it with the shakes this time because really it is making my life so much easier with an egg allergy to have one for breakfast. Any way I am back and have lost 8lbs thus far (last time I really wasn't losing anything with the quitting smoking and such) then I went and gained back more. So now that I have everything under control I am taking back control of my weight. Yes summer time Atkins sucks but Im all about it now so heres to a summer of loss and feeling great gals!
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/205/140

Height: 5'8"

Congrats on quitting smoking! I've been there and I know how hard that can be!! I quit pretty much for good when I found out I was pregnant with my son. He's 2 and a half now. It gets easier, but I still crave a cigarette every now and then. But you'll definitely feel better after a few months!
My sister-in-law was a heavy smoker for over 20 years. She quit using those electronic cigarettes. It's been a few months and she hasn't picked up a real one since. So if you really get the cravings, I'd recommend one of those.
kurbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #3  

awesome thanks for the advice. I did it with chantix so I am hoping now that the three months is up and I am off of it I wont have any issues. I had a few rum and cokes this weekend and the cravings did come and were not very nice to me but I made it through my husband has been a super support there too.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #4  

oh and congrats to you on quitting!!! sadly I started again after all three of my kids. I only really quit for them not for me. This time I did it because I wanted to not because I had to, but of course it is for them too!
Old 05-29-2012, 12:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/205/140

Height: 5'8"

I quit with all 3 of mine, but just haven't started back up this time. Lol. I don't like smoking around them, and I feel a whole lot better after not smoking for so long. I did have a couple back in November because I was out of the country for work, but then didn't smoke at all when I came back home.
Good luck to you with the weight loss! I hate being in weight loss mode. The only reason I want to lose weight is so I can eat real food again. Lol.
kurbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 154.8/126/128

Height: 5'4

congrats on quitting smoking to you both. I've never smoked at all but I've seen friends struggle with quitting smoking then gaining weight and trying to do both quit smoking and lose weight..

It seems as if you got things under control..just remember none of us are perfect and we all have our moments.. it's just important to get back on track asap
globetrotter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #7  

well I am back on track for sure. I tell ya what wanna lose 5 lbs super fast. Get food poisoning lol (no dont!!) I was so sick yesterday I litteraly lost 5 lbs in one day. Im so used to getting on the scale daily that it was just habit this morning when I got up even though I was still feeling bad. Starting to feel better now and now that I am putting fluids back in my body gained some of it back lol. <<thats ok! I just am so surprised how much weight you can get rid of puking your guts out its horrible! I wouldn't wish how I felt yesterday on my worst enemy! Any way ladies thanks quitting smoking is really hard but so worth it and honestly now that my body is used to not having the effects of smoking I am having an easier time losing. Last time while I was in the process of quitting and dieting I didnt lose hardly any and it made me want to give up. I start the nursing program at my school in Aug so my goal is not a weight thing so much as a size thing to fit into the medium scrubs by then. its not a huge stretch I dont think so we will see how it goes. Thats just my small goal my big goal of course is to be at a healthy weight and to stay there!