Old 05-27-2012, 03:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 207/174/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Getting over the "hump"

I don't know how many of you are familiar with this, but eerytime I fall off the wagon for a few days and then I try to get back into the groove of things is the absolute hardest for me. Sigh I'm going through that tonight and I just felt like posting it here since I don't talk about my "dieting" problems to anyone in my life.

Well that dreaded hump...for me it's like this. After a few days of thinking "hey eating this won't hurt, I've lost (blank) amount of pounds so wth!" I know I have to stop and get back into healthy eating. I don't go all out and binge on everything I want but I do eat high calorie or unecessary things, and everytime it lasts maybe 3-4 days before I start feeling "bad." do jumping right back in is the hardest, I can't just slowly creep into it because that doesn't work the last two days were full of glorious food and right now the fiber one 90 cal brownie doesn't sound too appetizing. I know if I don't slip up tonight or tomorrow I'll be fine and back on track but GRRRR I could really go for a nice big fat slice of chocolate cake lol I was finally going to be under 145lb and I don't think I want to get near the scale for a couple days, I'm glad that tonight's dinner they left for us looks disgusting so I won't be tempted by that, if it was some pasta or something then is be in trouble lol
Misa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #2  

Hm I think I know what you mean. What I recommend is NOT giving into those cravings for at least 2 weeks. No cheat days, nothing. Remind yourself that people have lived and died without cookies and cake, and its not the end of the world if you go without it for a couple weeks. That usually gives me a clearer mindset and makes me feel confident because I can go that long without the sweets.
And on days where you do eat too many of those things, I recommend the next day not eating at maintenance but JUST below maintenance, maybe 100 cals so that it'll boost your confidence - like "hey I can eat at a deficit" without feeling like its too drastic of a change.
But first and foremost, feeling calm helps the most. I would constantly panic and go on and off the "bandwagon" but when I steadied myself and told myself to just move on and calmed down until I no longer felt panic, it really made a big difference.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/259/160

Height: 5'7

Pixelllate is right. try not to give in. Maybe when you're craving is really bad and you don't think you can stand it anymore make yourself work out. If there is a store near by make yourself run or jog to it then really asses if you want that cookie, cake, brownie or whatever it is. Then remember you still have to get back home
nataliegm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 207/174/125

Height: 5'5"

Like its not even cravings, I'll get home from work and just go for the kitchen and "look" around. I am way better at just heading straight to bed and going to sleep but for me it's that dreaded homecoming where I usually give in and it's just a domino effect after that, when I wake up (I sleep from 9am-3 or 4pm) even if I'm not hungry at times, I'll just think "eh, well I already had stuff I wasn't supposed to this morning so I can eat some more of this or that"
Misa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:49 AM   #5  

it's so hard but try not to give in. when i'm feeling like that i have a bite of my husbands food so i can still taste what i'm craving but because i don't have my own portion i don't have to stress about eating the lot!
Waffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/140

Height: 5'10"

the first two days are the hardest for me when I get back on the wagon. I find that the best way for me to start back is to pick my start day on a super busy day that I won't have time to think about bad foods because there is just so much else going on. Then, on the second day, even though I still have cravings, I think " look, I already made it a whole day back on plan, I can do this" Then it's smooth sailing for me.... until I get the occasional random craving
gracesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/150/130

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

I exercise, a lot. this helps me keep on track because I know that if I eat this or that, then my exercise was for nothing. Exercise is pretty hard for me (we went on a 8 mile bike ride yesterday) so there is NO way I am gonna ruin that.
I am not huge on counting calories.. I try to eat healthy. but I suggest counting them on days like that. then you can look and say no to something else. That way you physically see how much you are in taking and not blindly eating something that is bad for you..
I used to have the same problem as you..but with counting calories (on bad days) and exercising this has helped keep me on track
Ash2007 is offline   Reply With Quote