South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 05:00 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Beach Chat for Wednesday, May 30

Good morning. As Lexxis would say, I'm into managed insomnia. Woke at three and decided to get up after an hour of tossing and turning, thinking of accounting stuff I need to do. I think I may need to go back to my "sleep aid" meds although they do give me very vivid dreams.

We had a doozy of a T-storm crash through here yesterday afternoon. Of course it started just after I had put the sprinklers on the front and back gardens so things are well watered. Hail was threatened but didn't happen - after I had moved all plants into the barn. Anyhow, today is supposed to be sunny with more moderate temperatures and should be a good day.

Gym, some Village planting and then two dogs and I do pet therapy at the Clinic. (I opted out of the nursing home visit yesterday since Jazz was just dragging in the heat and humidity.)

Right now I am going to tackle Mill payroll for an hour and see how much gets done before I get ready for the gym. It's Hump Day and I'm hoping the morning isn't too steep a slope! (Maybe a nap this afternoon?)

Check in if you get a chance and have a coffee. Newmans Bold is in the Keurig this morning.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:11 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Ouch, Ruth, on the early morning rise....3am here but I had to set the alarm. I have to be at work at 530 and am leaving for Glenwood right after. I hope you do get some stuff done and can get that nap later.

I'm heading off for my morning hike to the coffeemaker.

BBL
Old 05-30-2012, 06:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow, y'all are crazy!!

Ruth - hope the pooches enjoy their trip this afternoon, I'm sure the residents do. (and I hope you get a nap in too!!)

Debbie - You waitress, correct? Had you done that before? Are you enjoying it? I'm intrigued....I'm not sure how you have the energy to do everything that you do! (go south beach!!)

Yesterday was loonnnnggg....I had a full schedule, and didn't get home until 8 pm. Today is my relief, I work until "2", and then the kids are home at 4. Tonight, DS finds out if he got his orange belt!! I can't wait....we think he nailed it, but we really don't know the requirements. I may go swimming during his class, esp. since this hot weather is not great for a run. (don't tell the pooch)
Old 05-30-2012, 06:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for saving some Newman's Bold for me, Ruth! I went to bed with a headache and tossed and turned until 1am when I finally got up and took a couple Advil, then I slept through til 6. You must have been in the same line of fire as the storm that went through here yesterday. We had torrential rain with crashing thunder and lightening and tornado-like winds, but no hail. I was concerned about the garden but it seems to be fine, thank goodness.

Mornin' Debbie and Tammy!

I hope all the storms are out of here by noon, as I'm going to get the girls out of school and we're going to Devon Horse Show to watch Cindy's events this afternoon. BTW, the girls took first place in the side-saddle event on Saturday, and Cindy & Audrey came in 4th in the parent/child event.

I am really struggling to stay OP these days. With this awful heat and humidity, there have been too many visits to the ice cream store and I've had a hard time resisting it. If anyone has any extra willpower to share, please send it this way!
Old 05-30-2012, 06:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Ruth have you tried melatonin for sleeping? It's an heral sleep aide. Works wonders for me when I need it.

Sooo I take my friend to the culinary last night for his birthday. Poor guy, he had to pay! I left my wallet I my other bag! That's what I get for wearing a dress and changing handbags. He was a really good sport, but the teasing won't end for a while.

Today is errand, housework and working out day. Totally off program last night. Will take me a few days to undue the damage. I am not weighing myself again until Sunday. Hopefully by then my numbers will be good.

Tammy hope your DS gets his belt tonight

Enjoy
Old 05-30-2012, 07:01 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Yesterday I drove back and forth to PI to take down Julie's show. Made it home and into the house just moments before the first big storm hit. We had heavy rain, hail, and a tornado warning but no tornado in our neighborhood (maybe further north). I'm so glad it waited until I got home. I'm sure that was no fun to drive in.

This morning I'm off to work until 1:30 then lots to get done around here as usual. Wow, it's Hump Day already, not quite as exciting when I'm working (and opening ) both weekend days.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hail.jpg (18.5 KB, 12 views)
Old 05-30-2012, 07:01 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Linda, I have no extra willpower...let's find some together!

Twynn, yes, have waitressed on the side since I was young. It's great money and good exercise. The side benefit is there is always cash around. Sounds like you have a better day ahead. Keeping my fingers crossed for Ethan and his orange belt.

Jennifer, lol on the wallet! Glad you had fun, though!

OK, gotta fit in one more cup of coffee on the porch!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-30-2012, 07:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Today is my last workout with my mom and trainer for a while. Our trainer will be eventually opening her own place but it might be a month or more before she's ready.

Then I work 11-4. I think I'll pack a mini-meal today; that's a long stretch for me to miss lunch.

The "mover" is coming to help load the shipping container for my son's stuff. (I'll miss all the excitement.) This afternoon DS and I are making our last trip, I hope, to get his towels etc, now that the shower curtain he ordered online finally showed up.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 189/173/147

hi everyone i am new to this site so just thought i would check in. weather is cooling down here about 20deg c, just in time for the holiday weekend. i don't envy your weather with super storms and tornados although we did have a supercell storm here a few weeks ago first one ever in the UK. Today is spent washing and ironing ready to pack for our trip down to somerset on friday, then 9 whole days relaxing in the garden if the weather stays fine. my hubby works nr london so we spend most of our time in a one bed apart with no garden , so i really look forward to our trips to our other house in somerset
eileen
Old 05-30-2012, 08:17 AM   #10  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

Happy Hump Day All!

Just have time to say hello to all you lovely ladies before I have to get ready for work. We too had a severe storm last night. I thought my chickens would have to be taken in, but we checked on them and they were just chillin in their coop.

Hope your day isn't filled with too big of a hump!
Old 05-30-2012, 09:25 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/183.2/150

Morning all-

It's a rough hump day for me as well. I had an awful time sleeping last night. Seems that the prednisone is really doing a number on my mood and my weight. My choices have not been the greatest. Good thing today is the last day of it. June has to be a better month for me.

After work today, I am off to the dance studio with both daughters then prep for the dance rehersal and recital Thurs, Fri, and Sat. School ends on Thurs as well. I am ready for a little break from running. (It's no wonder we have kids when we are young, some days I can barely keep up).

Its a two cup morning for my coffee, Dunkin Donuts then the nasty blend at the hospital, (You know your desperate if you drink the hospital coffee at my work!!)

Talk at you all soon. Have a wonderful hump day.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:19 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Good morning Ladies! I was up late last night waiting for my DD - wow, she seems to be in a vortex of drama these days! Still haven't found the missing hamster, but the way the cats are acting, he's still alive up there. Fingers crossed. Mysh - I miss having both daughters home, but DON'T miss the insane schedule! Good luck - and enjoy the recital.
Eileen - Welcome! I'll have to look up where you are in the UK. My elder daughter currently lives in Swindon, although she'll be moving back to Sheffield in the fall.
Praying that last night's storms helped break the heat! I Haven't done my Couch to 5K since last Thursday! That's not going to get me to the 5K in September!!!
Have a wonderful day, all!
Old 05-30-2012, 11:01 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone,

quick checkin for me, I need to work on a spreadsheet. DD2 ended up with pneumonia but that antibiotics seem to have finally kicked in and she is feeling better.

I am dragging behind today need some energy. Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 224.6/196/134

Height: 5'2"

Hi All!!

Seems like many of us have the bad weather blues. I have a terrible headache today and feel achy all over and just want to snuggle up with a blanket, drink hot cocoa and eat a grilled peanut butter and chocolate sandwich... and I wonder how I got to this weight LOL Instead, I am making life easy by eating some SB left overs from last night
Closed Thread