South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 06:51 AM   #1  
Mous

Red face Hug Your Sweetheart Day Beach DAILY 8/23

A sweetheart can be..........ANYONE that is sweet!

Here are my {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}} for all of you.

You ALL are so sweet to me. How nice it is to know that you care even though we have never met. It is a joy to come here and be the first one to post and then in the early wee hours of the next day read what has happened in all of your lives during the day and night.

A simple hug given with feeling can brighten up a dull, meaningless, frustrating, annoying......etc DAY!

So many people are afraid to touch. If they would only reach out and try their world would change. It speaks volumes and nothing has to be said.

A hug can go a long way to make someone feel loved, important or needed.

We need each other here. This is not an easy undertakling that we have mapped out for ourselves. It is hard. It gets easier and we get wiser as time marches on.

A good thing to remember is that we can do anything we set our minds to and we can have something that we shouldn't. You do it and then move on.

Here's to the people that need a hug. May someone reach out to you today.

The ants are back...but they are on the floor this time!! I can't wait till the cooloer weather sets in and they GO AWAY for good!

Thank you for your great words of support for my eye exam. I have been doing this since Januuary and was not able to drive for almost 6 months!! They have me in temp glasses for driving. I want my GLASSES or surgery. I think though I shall be put back in glasses soon and you know what? I like wearing them. It would have been nice to be able to NOT wear them, but I thank God thaat I can see and don't have the fear of blindness. It is a GOOD thing.

I am reading Danielle Steel and really like her.

Off to eat breakfast, funny how I now like it, and then take mom on errands and go grocery shopping.

HUGS to you all once again.

Marcie
Old 08-23-2003, 07:37 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy Saturday and hugs to all of you Beach Beauties!

I gave DH a major hug this morning for staying out of my way as I iced the six cakes I made yesterday. He really wanted his coffee but was a darling and sat and read the paper instead of puttering around me while I worked in overdrive. Of course, the dogs get and give hugs all the time!

Yesterday's baking was very successful - 6 cakes, 5 dozen muffins, 5 dozen chocolate chip cookies - and I didn't even lick a finger! The cakes are very decadent pineapple cakes with cream cheese frosting - an easy recipe that I dare not post in this Forum or they'll shoot me. Maybe we should have a 3FC illegal recipe place?

Obedience training did not go well! Perfect Hershey decided that she would take on Lucy's personality and was much more interested in the other dogs than in obeying me! I think fame has gone to her head. It was the last lesson of this series so she got her picture in the graduating class line-up in place of Lucy. Lucy will need to go through this again, I'm afraid. Oh yes - I could have taken her as the last real male dog got snipped last week!

I'm going to throw on clothes and take off for the Yard Sale with my baking. I'll try not to buy anything but Claire makes these little lemon loaves that Harry likes and they are my 9:30PM downfall. Be strong, Ruthie! Pies are on the list for this afternoon. It's a good thing I like to bake!

Have a wonderful day.
Old 08-23-2003, 07:52 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Lady, so glad to hear you're able to drive again. I hope that all goes well with your eyes.

Dear Ruth, look upon those lemon loaves with disdain. Harry doesn't need them, either.

I'm spending a couple of hours at Mom and Dad's this morning so that Mom can pop out and have some quality time to herself. I'm anxious to see Dad at home... according to Mom he's been walking around the garden regularly. And he's wearing CLOTHES! I HATED seeing him in pyjamas... he looked so old and pathetic.

I know I've missed a ton of stuff... I hope that you are all well. Love and hugs to all...
Old 08-23-2003, 08:11 AM   #4  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Oh boy, I so need a hug today! Rough, rough day at work...another fatal traffic accident not a half mile from the one 2 weeks ago that claimed the life of 2 young people. It is so sad...

That, and an inexplicable increase in our paperwork has me in a dither. I have overnight company coming tomorrow and the house is a mess. DH says it's not too bad....and I replied, "yeah, if you're blind!"

But I feel ready to take on the world...or I will after I get a nap! The power of touch is a miraculous thing...even if it is "cyber" hugs!

Marcie, you must be anxious to have regular glasses again after such a long time! And what a blessing to not have the worry of losing your sight!

Ruth, I can't believe you baked all that and didn't even lick a finger! WOW! I have to bake for a school function on Monday and am already plotting ways to get rid of any leftovers! My dogs are very obedient...as long as we don't tell them what to do! Kinda like my kids, now that I think of it!

Ellis-so glad your dad is up and around. It is so hard to see people we love seem frail and in ill health. Thankfully that seems to be changing!

Have a wonderful day, everyone! I already know this weekend will pose a challenge to me, and I am going to try and get through it unscathed...or mostly, anyway!
Old 08-23-2003, 08:34 AM   #5  
Imagine...

Marcie ~ (((Hugs))) right back at ya!!! None for the ants though. I can imagine what you go through with your eyesight. My sister, who lives with us and I look after has MS. She has so much trouble with her vision coming & going. The fear is blindness one day. Although the medicine, prayers and excellent attitude, such as yours goes a long way.

Ruth~(((Hugs))) Stop you are making me hungry! After my short trip to baking-ville I don’t know how y’all do it. I believe it is truly an art. I didn’t get a chance to try again with the strawberries last night, but plan to today.

Ellis~ (((Hugs))) so happy everything turned out so well. I think your Dad is making a remarkable recovery considering the surgery he went through.

Franny~ (((Hugs))) I read your thread about educators and I would like to add emergency personell as well. All police,fire,medical people are unsung heros everyday. I don’t know how you do it. Must be a very difficult job, but how rewarding. Have fun with your guests and remember they came to see you not your clean house.

(((((((Hugs to all)))))))))

Have a Great day!!
Old 08-23-2003, 09:04 AM   #6  
In Control: E+R=O

I woke up to a rainy, dreary, windy day this morning, and the first thing I did (well, after feeding and pottying the dogs....they make sure that they get taken care of first) was to check in here. Even the dreariest days seem a little brighter when spent with friends. Many {{{{hugs}}}} to all of you, my cyberfriends, who have made my transition into this new WOL easier!

Well, it's Saturday, my official weigh-in day, and I'm excited to report that I'm down another 2 pounds!!! That makes a total of 13 pounds lost in 5 weeks! I couldn't be happier!

Marcie, I'm so happy to hear you say that blindness is not in your future and that they are able to help correct your problem and improve your eyesight! Eye/sight problems can be so scary.

Ruth, you amaze me! All of that baking and not even on little taste! You're much stronger than I am...that's why I don't bake, I'd never be able to control myself. Those pineapple cakes sound heavenly! Stay away from those evil lemon loaves!!!

ellis, it's so nice to have you back and posting again! You really were missed. Have a good time with your Dad today. I'm sending an extra {{hug}} his way.

franny, I'm so sorry that you have another rough night at work. And don't get too worked up about your house. Your friends are coming to visit you, not your house, right? I used to think that everyone else kept their house in perfect order and I was the only messy one....but I've learned that is not true, that most people's house is messy more often than it is in perfect order....and I've relaxed my obsession about my house being perfectly clean before letting anyone come in (almost too relaxed some days! )

sflake, you have a great day too!!

And Happy Saturday {{hugs}} to all Beach Beauties to follow!!
Old 08-23-2003, 09:18 AM   #7  
Imagine...

2 Dog ~ I love the new avatar of your babies. They are sooo cute. How in the world did you get them to set so pretty, one of mine always moves at the last second.

I want to report a NSV...I am wearing a tank top that has not fit me for 2 years. Truth be told it didn't fit me when I bought it hehehe. I kept saying someday....Well today is someday!!
Old 08-23-2003, 09:22 AM   #8  
In Control: E+R=O

Thanks sflake! That's their New Years picture. They'll do almost anything for a treat...they are cocker spaniels after all, the ultimate food dogs! Riley, the black one, is really hard to see in the pic, especially when I made it so small for the avatar...black dogs are hard to get good pictures of anyway.

Good for you for your NSV!! Way to go!!!! I bet you feel wonderful!!!
Old 08-23-2003, 10:30 AM   #9  
Member Florida Chick

Good morning and (((((((((hugs))))))))))to all. We are having sunshine today, but once again the forcast is for rain this afternoon. I begin to feel waterlogged.:

Frannie: I agree that folks in your line of work are the unsung heroes. And don't worry about your house. As everyone says, they are coming to see you and by the time they have been there an hour and moved in all their stuff, you will have even a more lived in look.

Ellis: So glad your Dad is doing well. Miraculous surgery these days.

Ruth: couldn't you invent an on program pineapple cake? :

Marcie: a BIG (hug) for you and the way you start us off every day. I'm so glad that your eyes are improving and that surgery will probably help even more, if that is an option. I know anything to do with eye surgery can be a bit scary, when there is no guarantee of the outcome.

I rode my bike 5 miles this a.m. Monday is my measurement day at Curves. I hope I can report a loss of inches.

Have a good rest of the weekend all, and 'see you at church'. Ann

Last edited by Lizziepie; 08-23-2003 at 10:32 AM.
Old 08-23-2003, 10:47 AM   #10  
Member Florida Chick

Question about the freezer dills on the recipe page. Can you just let them rest in the fridge and then eat after a couple of days of curing, without freezing? I have a bread and butter pickle recipe that you just leave in the fridge. But it has a lot of sugar. I'd like to t ry the dills, but I have very limited freezer space. Ann
Old 08-23-2003, 11:25 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Lizzie, I'm sure they'd be fine in the fridge. I think it would take several weeks for them to cure, however. Freezing and thawing speeds up the process, same as for marinating meat which I frequently freeze in the marinade and then thaw the next day. Maybe you can sneak them into a space for overnight?

If you saw the recipe for my cake, you would not ask about an OP version! LMAO!
Old 08-23-2003, 11:33 AM   #12  

Good Morning Chicks!!!

Hey Marcie great thoughts on the hugs ... so many times we neglect our loved ones because we are too busy and bills, work, life gets in the way ... the only time I hug my BF is after we have a huge fight and are trying to reconnect. I'm also gonna make it a point to hug my grown up kids today too ... thanks ...

Twodog, to echo sflake, that avatar is great ... they are sooooooo cute!!! (13 pounds ... not too shabby!!!)

Franny, keep strong and remember God works in mysterious ways...

Ellis, glad Dad is okay and you're back!!!

Ruth, why do we expect more obedience from our dogs than from our kids??? I bet Hershey made lots of new friends!!!

It's a beautiful, sunny, cool day in Rhode Island and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!!
Old 08-23-2003, 02:17 PM   #13  
Mous

Smile Pounds GONE

WooHoo!!

Keep it up

Lady M
Closed Thread