Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #1  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Default High Ankle Sprain :( Any Advice?

Went to the dr. today after several weeks of persisting and worsening pain. Yes, I made a poor decision (day after day) to run through the pain, do leg workouts through the pain, stairmaster though the pain. Regretting it deeply now.

Anyone ever had this injury? The dr. was very vague about how long it would take to heal (2 to 8 weeks seems like a HUGE span to me).

I'm so incredibly discouraged. I've been all but sidelined (still doing upper body workouts), even the bike aggravates my injury. I feel like there is no cardio I can do without hurting it, but I want to do cardio!!! Obviously I want my injury to heal though!

33.5 weeks until the half marathon I want to do, the training program I picked is 24 weeks, so I have a good amount of time to ensure rest, but I've built up so much cardio endurance in the past month and a half I don't want to lose it!!!

Any advice!?!?!?!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Rest rest rest. Learn from this. http://www.runnersworld.com/article/...3490-0,00.html (Lessons Learned from Injury.)

Can you swim?
You won't lose cardio endurance in a few weeks.
Can you make an appointment with a physical therapist after 2 weeks of complete rest to see if they can give you some ways to strengthen it again?
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #3  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I can probably find a pool to use a couple times a week. Good idea.

My insurance expires the 31st and my new insurance doesn't go into effect until July 1st. Bad timing!!! Isn't that always the way it goes though!? I will just have to be extra tedious with my calories I suppose. Maybe I'll do the upper body parts of the Tae Bo dvds I have. Better than nothing I suppose.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote