Old 05-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #1  
Working on Change

S/C/G: 235/235/150

Height: 5' 7"

Talking I need breakfast smoothie suggestions.

I've decided to help cut down on my calorie count by doing one liquid meal a day. Tomorrow I start with a breakfast smoothie.

Anyone have healthy suggestions that they have tried and would recommend?
kitkat1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:04 AM   #2  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

I used to always drink a fruit smoothie once a day. Now that it's summer time again I think I'll get back into it.

If was a different recipie every day. it just depended on what I felt like having that day. i always started with frozen fruit. Berries, peaches, mangos..ect..I'd throw in some fresh fruit like banana and/or kiwi. Then some vanilla yogurt.

Now I had additives depending on what I wanted/needed for that day (or the rest of it) a scoop of protien podwer, and/or some chia seeds that had been soaking overnight. Sometimes some ground flax seed.

if it didn't look to have enough liquid to be blendable, I'd add a splash of orange juice. I have a really nice blender (the Ninja) and my smothies always came out like a thick milkshake, which is awsome.
I think this year I'm going to try adding veggies to my fruit smothies.

Last edited by Sakai; 05-29-2012 at 06:06 AM.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #3  
Working on Change

Thanks. I will definitely be trying my hand at smoothie mixology. The protein powder is good to know about.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #4  
Samantha

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

I just started using protein powder today. I have chocolate flavor, so I put two scoops of that in, a banana, some peanut butter, and water. It was DELISH.

I always add different fruits into smoothies like bananas, strawberries, mangoes, pineapple, and mixed berries. I'll use orange juice, water, milk, or coconut milk. Just grab different fruits, blend them together, and see how you like it! That's what I love about smoothies...they're so easy!
sammalamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:56 PM   #5  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I don't drink protein shakes for breakfast, but by god I do love them after a workout. They're really perfect now since it's hot as you know what.

Here are some of what I usually have (depends on what is available around the house):

Strawberry Banana Yogurt
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
3 Tbsp PB2

1 Banana
3 Tbsp PB2

A couple of strawberries (depends on how many we have)
3 Tbsp PB2

And if I have the room I'll have this 500ish calorie shake that tastes freaking amazing because it tastes like peanut butter with a hint of banana and strawberry:

Strawberry Banana Yogurt
3 Tbsp PB2
2 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter

I really really love that last one...
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

I just finished a Green Monster -- 1/2 C. Greek yogurt, 1/2 C. water, a BIG handful of spinach leaves, 1 frozen banana (slice up the banana, put in snack baggie, freeze 1 hour) 1/2 C. frozen blueberries, 2 pkg. stevia. Comes out so thick I have to scoop it out of the blender with a spoon! And it will keep me going until lunch.
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #7  
Working on Change

Wow. Thanks for all the different ideas everyone. I will definitely be trying them throughout the week.

Today I had a frozen strawberry, milk, vanilla extract, oats, and honey shake for lunch. It was amazing.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178 / 178 / 120

Height: 5'2"

I've got one that's quick and easy...
Maybe not the best choice, but if you're in a hurry they're perfect.

DOLE just came out with these frozen fruit smoothies, all you do is add your favorite juice, shake and go. You can find them in the frozen aisle.

They're about 190 cals with pineapple juice. Plus if you like to coupon (like me), there's been some recent $1 off coupons in the newspapers.

Like I said, might not be the best choice, but it is quick and low-cal.
YNR1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:08 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/114

Height: 5'3"

i love smoothies!

i made one yesterday that from frozen strawberries, and frozen banana slices (had to freeze my bananas cause i didn't want them to go bad & then throw them out), with a kiwi and a small cup (4oz?) of plain yogurt. it was kinda thick so i added a little bit of skim milk to it & some korean grain powder since it has some protein. it was amazinggg

good luck with your smoothie adventures!
delyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:16 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat1218 View Post
I've decided to help cut down on my calorie count by doing one liquid meal a day. Tomorrow I start with a breakfast smoothie.

Anyone have healthy suggestions that they have tried and would recommend?
Be careful with the calorie count, I rarely have smoothies because they can be so high in calories! Keep the portion on the smaller side, or bulk it up with ice and spinach. I like chocolate protein powder, banana, and plain yogurt (and water). Maybe a touch of peanut butter. I also like milk or yogurt, canned pumpkin, and cinnamon/nutmeg.
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:40 PM   #11  
Woman on a mission!!!

S/C/G: 211.05/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

I've recently started making smoothies with Lite apple juice and frozen fruit. It's easy, not high in calories, quick and tasty!
shainasb818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #12  

i love smoothies! my favourite is raspberry, blackberry, cranberry, blueberry with lime and freshly squeezed orange juice. Just add plenty of ice!

Another good one (but more calories) is low fat yogurt, banana, blueberry, orange juice and some oats.

i'm a huge smoothie fan!
Waffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #13  
HijabiMommaBear

S/C/G: 335/ticker/316

Height: 5' 8"

my favorite is a 1/2 cup to cup of any fruit and a cup or two of spinach

I like to divide the amount of fruit and veggie into two and make two smoothies for the same caloric intake with more liquid.

actually right now i am drinking a simple smoothie.

i got one cup of mixed frozen berries.

divided into two.

I use a personal blender so i put 1/2 a cup of mixed berries then added 12oz. water and a teaspoon of sugar. I did that twice and now i have to bottles of smoothies.

calorie charge?

80 cals for 1 cup mixed berries
30 cals 2 teaspoons of sugar

total 110 cals.

And i will sip on these for the next few hours.

hope this helps in some way.
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #14  
Sam-I-Am

S/C/G: 324/see ticker/170

Height: 5'8

i do smoothies most mornings, and i also have the ninja blender, like the first poster mentioned. for breakfast i like light colored fruits, so usually peach, mango, pineapple and banana with nonfat or low fat vanilla yogurt. if i am making it for dessert, i like to put strawberry, banana, and chocolate. i use a packet of sugar free hot chocolate mix, and add a little skim milk. its really good, and the ninja blender is definitely worth getting for 35.00 its a steal!

and, i dont use ice in my smoothies, i just use frozen fruit so its still cold

Last edited by samcakes; 05-30-2012 at 12:08 PM.
samcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/168/140

Height: 5'3

In the mornings I sometimes do protein powder, greek yogurt, and frozen peaches. I do have to add some water in because it's too thick. Sooo good.
COchick is offline   Reply With Quote