South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 06:18 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Beach Chat on Monday, May 28

Good morning and happy Memorial Day Holiday. It's a normal Monday up here in The Great White North after a really nice weekend. I managed to find a good balance between fun and garden stuff and am feeling rested and ready to roll. I even made it out of the Quilt Show without buying anything!

No gym buddies this morning - Donna is working mornings at the Diner and Doreen is "sick". (That's in quotes because she is major hypochondriac.) It would be easy to convince myself to skip gym but that is not going to happen. May has been a disastrous month for weightloss, like nada, and I need to get things under control.

It was an interesting evening at Ernie's Lodge dinner. It was Ladies' Night and I think I was the only woman there with a pants outfit! There were lots of somewhat frumpy dresses and suits and these women were mostly younger than me! Maybe that was the uniform for Masonic ladies and I didn't get the bulletin. It was a good evening though with decent food and entertainment. I've sent an email to Terri telling her that Ernie behaved himself!

After gym today, I need to put a few finishing touches to the Mill financial report for this afternoon's meeting and then hope to get some more planting done in my own garden. It was lovely working out there on the weekend. The wild phlox is in bloom so the air is scented and full of butterflies.

So on we go with another week of the glorious month of May. I hope yours is full of fun, flowers and butterflies.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruth, and those to come. It's going to be a scorcher here today. I'm glad we had our Memorial Day celebration yesterday.

Jake and I are going up to the Reading outlets this morning for some shopping. He hates to shop, but finally conceded that he needs some new summer clothes and we both want to look in the Jantzen outlet for new swimsuits. We should be back by noon and plan to spend a quiet afternoon in the pool since the kids will be gone all day.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:10 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning The cats agreed that it was too nice to sleep in and woke me every 15 minutes until I gave in and got up Yesterday was kind of a lost day so hoping today will be more productive.

I am way behind on gardening so today the tomatoes go in and whatever seeds I already bought. I will reassess and plan the rest after I figure out what new or new-to-me mower will cost. I am pretty sure mine has had it. Tomorrow I'm off to Newburyport to take down Julie's exhibit and the next two days I've got shifts at the video store so today needs to be a chore day.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Ruth - Kudos to you for getting to the gym buddy-less.

Linda - I'll have to look up that outlet; so far I've been working on good furniture stores for my son when he's out in that neck of the woods.

Cyndi - I love fresh-from-the-garden tomatoes! Wish I didn't have purple thumbs.

Made progress with our son yesterday - he started boxing up his books (he has 3 overflowing bookcases that are going with him), we helped him buy 5 pairs of work pants, and we got a lot more "necessities" for the kitchen/bath and decided which can be purchased once he's out there. More boxing today.

We'll have a send off party for him with family this afternoon into evening and the house is not yet cleaned. So that will be my day.

But first off to the gym with my mom and our trainer.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:52 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Yesterdays baby shower bash was a success but was very long, especially since we were the ones who got to the park 2 hrs early and stayed for clean up...then over to DD's house for gift opening. I went right to bed when we got home and set the alarm as late as possible since I have a busy work day today. I have just enough time to make smoothies and find my work shoes which are in the back of the car buried under card tables.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-28-2012, 09:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Happy Memorial Day! Slept in because DH has the day off so the animals (Unlike Cyndi's - haha) WEREN'T in bugging me to wake up. Yay.

Wow - I haven't been to the Reading outlets in years. When Older DD was a gymnast we used to go to the Capezio outlet to stock up once a year. Karen, in addition to those, there's another set up outlets up off Route 80 in the Poconos. You'll start using visits to your son as an excuse for shopping trips

So need to go eat some yogurt so I can get out for a run before it gets too hot! See you guys tomorrow!
Old 05-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #7  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning chicks!
It's been a tough month and I haven't been checking in here. I hope everyone's doing well. I'm kind of holding steady with the 15lbs I've lost but I'm definitely not been eating totally on plan and would still like to be down more. I'm gearing up to come back to the beach as much as I can. DD's birthday is Wednesday and I've got family in town next weekend so there will be a couple of stumbling blocks.
My May has included: a busy, horrible,frustrating time at work. Sports practices for the kids that leave us on average only 30 minutes at home between work & practice for dinner/homework, etc. 4 nights a week. A do-it-ourselves roof project that's taking much longer (& been much hotter & more expensive) than expected. A faulty septic system. And oh, yeah, I'm now lactose intolerant. So that's been fun. Most of my old stand-by quick snacks and dinner recipes are out the window and I have to re-learn how to make south beach work for me.
Hoping June's an easier month.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 196/196/135

Height: 5'5"

Wondering if this is a good place to check in? I just posted on the 2012 BIOS.
Allie
Old 05-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Hi Alliie! Welcome Injust finished reading your bio. The forum seems to be chit chat about everything lol. Great support when you need it!! Check out the recipes too so many to chose from helps keep things interesting. Ladies sorry I was so late checking in. Good night TTY tomorrow
Closed Thread