Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-26-2012, 11:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/150/139. Ultimate Goal:132

Height: 5'6

Wink Does anyone HATE working out during the day?

I know that 99% of people seem to like working out in the morning or in daylight hours.

I'm the complete opposite- I ONLY enjoy working out after about 6 PM or whenever it's dark out. If I make myself go at lets say, 1 PM, I'll stay for five minutes and leave, where as at 7 PM, I stay for hours!

I have NO idea why I'm like this- is anyone else like this too?
GotothegymOKAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:16 PM   #2  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Are you talking about the gym? I used to prefer the day time because the gym was like a ghost town. No one was there, no waiting for equipment, not enough people around to feel self conscious.... I'd go after 7 or 8 in the morning when most people were off to work. I hated going at night, especially during the prime "buff guy" work out hours, which seemed to be around 7.

I also didn't mind going to the gym really late at night, again, after the place had cleared out.

I find that the morning or evening hours are best for me where motivation is concerned.

I wonder if it just has to do with your natural rhythm. Lots of people find that they get that afternoon slump around 1, 2 or 3 in the afternoon. Then they might catch their second wind in the evening. I wonder if this is what's going on with you. Your energy is low so you don't have that motivation to keep going at 1, but by 6, you're catching that second wind and can go forever. I'm pretty sure this is the way it is with me. I have good energy in the morning, I'm exhausted at around 2-3, and then my energy picks up after around 6. My gym timing was preference, but it was either in the morning or at night.

Now I work out at home, but I still work out better at night or in the morning. If I venture out doors, it's so hot it's either really early in the morning, or at around sunset. If I could find someone to go out with me after dark, I'd go then, when it's cooled off even more!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #3  
On the slow track.

S/C/G: 210/ticker/160

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinieten View Post
. I'd go after 7 or 8 in the morning when most people were off to work. I hated going at night, especially during the prime "buff guy" work out hours, which seemed to be around 7.
LOL, I've always thought of the buff guys as a perk of going to the gym. Eye candy!
DietVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #4  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DietVet View Post
LOL, I've always thought of the buff guys as a perk of going to the gym. Eye candy!
LOL! I would have to agree with you now , but back during my gym days, I was so fat and felt so uncomfortable in my own skin. I didn't like venturing over to the "other side" of the gym with all of those hot men pumping iron. I felt self conscious. Consider also that buff-guy hour was also hot-babe hour and then there was me, dressed in my big frumpy T-shirt, feeling like a heifer. Moo.

Last edited by twinieten; 05-26-2012 at 12:51 PM.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/259/160

Height: 5'7

I only workout in the evenings too. I just prefer that time of day for some reason. I think it has something to do with the fact that after I'm done I want to take a shower and just sit down and relax. The workout helps with the stress of the day for me, then I can relax.
nataliegm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

My preferred times are early morning or shortly after supper. Maybe that afternoon slump has something to do with it.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

I prefer really early in the morning (like 5 am). I always feel too tired to go in the evening... but then I've always been a morning person lol.
Jonsgurl0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:40 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 245 / 189 / 170

Height: 5"4

yeah. I usually end up doing my workout anywhere from 10pm-2am! That's okay for me since I'm usually up until 5-6am anyways. Gogo insomnia..
Alyj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:56 AM   #9  
STREET DOG

S/C/G: 231/230/145

Height: 5'8"

I either prefer the evening or late morning (10/11AM on a weekend, for example). I absolutely despise morning workouts, though. I used to do a 90 minute spin class at 6:30AM before my swim team practice; despite following the same routine for a whole summer I hated waking up for it every time (even though I loved how fit I was!).
Kahokkuri is offline   Reply With Quote