South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 05:28 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Beach Chat - May 26 & 27

Good morning and welcome to another weekend. I wish I could sleep in but my brain is in overdrive these days. Coffee on the deck was great this morning - until the mosquitoes found me.

We were supposed to get big t-storms and maybe a tornado late yesterday but didn't even get a drop of rain. I should have paid attention to Disney rather than the forecast - she knows when storms are coming and hides but was her usual self all afternoon. Anyhow, that means I need to water the planters this morning since the Township is not starting watering until mid-June. (We will be having a discussion about that next week!)

Won't be on much today. My computer seems to have lost all my task bars AND bookmarks. I don't even have my refresh or Go Back icons. Of course my computer guru is closed for the weekend! Luckily it remembers 3FC is my home page! Yes, I did do a system restore but nada!

May as well just accept it and get on with the day. It's nice and cool right now and I am going to get into my grubbies and go out to plant some tomato plants.

Enjoy your weekend.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:40 AM   #2  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning Ruth and all wonderful Beacher ladies I am having coffee on the deck right now, the birds have quieted down a bit but i hope not for my sake, I just love to hear them. I have a few pansies ready to pick and take to work, I use them to garnish the dessert platters along with the fresh mint I pick from the herb garden, or sometimes I chose the brook mint from the babbling brook - yes, I think I work in a paradise also! (I've earned it from the h - e - l - l job durng the winter, lol.

Yesterday on the scale, I saw the incredible number of 140. I'm not changing my ticker quite yet, I will wait til it seems more steady. But it just makes me walk a little different knowing that

Today at work I will be making strawberry rhubarb shortcake for 60+, last night my husband and I rode our motorcycles to someone's home who sells their rhubarb, and loaded up the motorcycles Life in the country! The man was amused.

Ruth, I'm very glad you did not get violent t-storms or a tornado! And Disney should be a consultant on the local weather channel

Well obviously my coffee has kicked in, lol. Have a great day!

Last edited by VermontMom; 05-26-2012 at 05:42 AM.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:42 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Just a fly by this morning, I have to open the store at 6:30 It's only my second shift alone. Must remember to turn the alarm off first thing! It's supposed to be very hot today but I'm mowing and working on the garden no matter what! It's time

Hope your weekend ( along one here) starts out just right

Wow, a crowd at 5:45 on a Saturday morning!

Last edited by CyndiM; 05-26-2012 at 05:43 AM.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:46 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Rhubarb! I need to pick mine. I love to stew it and then throw in a sf strawberry Jello powder. Yummy! I have several kinds of mint, Holly, and should use it more. I put pansies, violas and rose petals in my salads sometimes.

Just Googled "missing tool bar" and learned that hitting PF11 brings it back. Who knew?

Now I can get on with real life.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning all chicks! I agree with Holly - there's more chatter here on a Saturday than on a weekday. Of course I woke up at 6 am and couldn't fall back asleep either.

I guess today we are going to a state park, having a picnic lunch, and playing in the water. That oughta wear the kids out!! Other than that, I hope it's a nice, relaxing day. Aren't holiday weekends for people to be lazy?!
Old 05-26-2012, 06:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning I really enjoy reading your posts. Everyone seems to live in areas with some much needed tranquility whether in the burbs or close to a major city. Nice to see how much everyone appreciates the beauty in their surroundings.

Counting down the next 11 hours until my weekend begins. Tomorrow I am going to a BBQ in the Catskills. Staying over as work needs to be done in my friend's garden on Monday. My son is off to Great Adventure tomorrow with friends, then spending the night at his dad's. Tuesday going to the Culinary Institute of America for my friend's birthday. Holly I think you would enjoy it. If you haven't heard of it google CIA. We are planning on strolling the grounds before dinner and checking out the book store. Wednesday I will catch up on home stuff before going back to work on Thursday.

Holly weigh to go 140!!! I haven't seen that on my scale since middle school lol.

Happy Memorial Day weekend and please extend my thanks to any military members in your families
Old 05-26-2012, 07:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm glad you found your Task Bar again, Ruthie, although I'd love to lose mine IRL. Sweet Disney must have been amused, watching you scurry around securing things before the predicted storms hit.

Holly, congratulations! I wish some of your inspiration would rub off on me! My dinner was a disappointment, which gave me a bad case of the munchies the rest of the night. At least what I ate was all on-plan, but I had too much of it. I bet the platters at work look so pretty with your flowers decorating them. I like to add nasturtiums to my salads, and my DD gave me an edible planter for Mother's Day that has something new I've never tried before - pineapple sage. It's wonderful in a glass of iced tea!

Cyndi, I hope you're able to get your mowing and gardening done before it gets too hot today. How's your job at the video store going?

I don't really have a plan for today. I do want to stop by Mom & Dad's for my daily visit, though, and Jake wants me to go to the pool supply store with him. The grandkids are thrilled that they'll be able to swim today, and I just may take a dip myself if the water isn't too cold.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:11 AM   #8  

Good morning, Tammy! You have such a lovely day planned, and it looks like the weather will be perfect for it! Have a good time.

Jekel, it sounds like you have great plans, too! I love the Catskills, and I've heard good reports about the CIA, although I've never been. And thanks for the reminder of what this holiday is all about.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:39 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Ruth - Darn computers! I was going to suggest and internet search. That's what my DH tells me to do when I ask him to fix mine for me.

Holly - Woo hoo!

Cyndi - Hope work goes well today.

Twynn - Sounds like a lovely day. Enjoy.

Jennifer - Hmmm... either I don't live in an area like that or I am not appreciative or... both. Have a great weekend.

Linda - Have fun with the kiddos.

I'm working 11 - 3 today. I hope it's busy with our sale right now but suspect people might be out enjoying the (very hot) weather and long weekend.

Later I'll be helping my son with more "getting ready for the big move" chores. He bought a sofa and couch yesterday! Return trip to store; he and DH spent hours there debating. They texted me photos and video to try to get my opinion after I got off work. Only one piece fit in the minivan at a time so they have to go back today for the other.

Enjoy your weekend, all.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Nice to read of everyones' plans, even if it does include work. Speaking of work I need to leave pronto. I wrote a list for DH then didn't have the heart to give it to him. He has alot on his emotional list with both the daughters here. Perhaps we'll work together on it this afternoon, unless he finds the list by accident.

I have my OP lunch packed. This is the hardest day because I work with the skinny gal who orders a big meal then lets it sit for several hours where I have to look at it every time I run by.

Have a great start to your weekend everyone, and congrats Holly for such a great #!
Old 05-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/183.2/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone!

We just got to my FILs home and thought I'd say a quick hello before all the hustle and bustle starts.

Had a rough evening last night with munching. Only one off plan thing, a handful of choc chips, (ugh!). I suppose it could have been worse though between the prednisone and my monthly visitor I'm barely hanging on. Today I have decided to make a better choice.

Ruth I'm glad you got your computer fixed. I am not a great computer guru myself and never seem to think about google, very genius.

Have a great day beachers and enjoy yourselves.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:43 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Happy DAY! It is going to be a tad cooler at 77 but it'll be another day of glorious sunshine. I'll must water those tomato and other plants before Church so can't linger.

After Church I'm hoping to go to town to see a big quilt show although part of me wants to avoid it. I'm a bit of a fabric addict and there will be vendors there! However, a friend has two fabulous quilts entered in the competition and I need to vote for her.

Going to a dinner event with my friend Teri's husband tonight. Terri is away in Cape Breton and I'm "in charge" of Ernie who is also a book club friend. It's some sort of Lodge Ladies Night with dinner with a "very funny" speaker who is also famous for being a bore. I'll smile and look interested and pretend I'm the Queen.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend with family and friends.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:20 AM   #13  

I'm sitting here with my legs crossed, waiting for the bathroom to free up. I hope that wasn't TMI for so early in the morning!

Ruth, just look, no buying, at the quilt show today. Save your money for Kutztown, you'll be glad you did. I hope your friend's quilt gets all the votes and takes the prize. Enjoy your evening out with Ernie tonight!

We're just having a small BBQ today with just the kids and all the grandkids, and plan to spend the day just taking it easy and lazing around the pool. There's T-storms in the area right now but it's all supposed to clear out of here for a hot, humid, hazy day. Perfect pool weather.

Yippee, the bathroom is open! BBL!
Old 05-27-2012, 06:56 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Lol Cottage hope you did not have to wait long.

Ruth my mom is the same way. Who knows maybe you will find a great bargain. A few years ago there was a quilt expo at Madison Sq Garden. A friend forwarded me pictures to send to my mom. They were phenomenal!! I have made very basic placements and table runners. Who knows maybe when I retire I will follow in my mom's footsteps.

Quick breakfast, spinning then leaving about 9 to head up to the BBQ. A little nervous meeting my friend's daughter and parents today. I picked up a strawberry shortcake from Junior's yesterday. I figured a little lighter than their cheesecakes. I do plan on having a taste. Weighed the same again this week, which i am good with. PMSing again, so next week I should see a loss.

Enjoy your day
Old 05-27-2012, 07:24 AM   #15  

S/C/G: maintaining

Today is going to be a big cleaning and clean up day around here!! With both boys home, my husband's usual mess, and buying stuff for my son's move, it is a disaster area. Tomorrow we are having a houseful of company so it needs to get done. (Not that I like cleaning, but I'll be very happy to have it picked up even if just for that one day!) And I'm sure there is yet another shopping trip with my son for more stuff on tap.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Closed Thread