South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 07:08 AM   #1  
Mous

Smile Feelings Friday at the Beach DAILY 8/22

What are you feeling today?

HAPPY?

So you want to have a good weekend.
Go on a mini vacation.
Go out to eat.

Remember THIS

DON'T worry or fret.

Print out the lists of Foods to Enjoy and Avoid for Phases 1 and 2, and take them with you so you know which healthy foods to choose.
Drink lots of water and think about the better choices.
Use the 3 bite rule for desserts.
Walk, park further from main enterances, use stairs and BE ACTIVE.
Have a good time and remember this is a healthy way of life and eating.
If you gain a few, you can always start Phase 1 again.

Your new way of Living is gooing to help you say NO or just indulge a tad.....3 bites worth.

So how are you feeling NOW?

GREAT?

To our NEW members WELCOME

To our "oldies KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

It has ben over 100 for the last 2 days. Hot Hot Hot!

I have actually been able to read and finish reading a novel. Something I have not been able to do for a year+. Eyes are very bad. Well, I had surgery and they are better, but they have a long way to go yet. I go Monday to see if I need more surgery or if they will fit me with a different type of glasses. I only hope that I can pass the eye test for the driver's renewal in Jan/Feb. My eyes were -1500 and -1375. Normal as you know is 20/20. I know now that with this surgery I won't go blind in my 60's as I was told I very well could.

Have a great day.

{{hugs}}

Lady M
Old 08-22-2003, 07:36 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Marcie. Today I'm feeling GREAT because I had an excellent sleep last night. Lavender bath oil and a St. John's Wort did the trick.

I'm sorry to hear about your vision problem. I hope the surgery can fix things for you. I can't imagine not being able to read. Have you considered books on tape? Our library has a vast selection which I used to use on my 90 minutes drives to work back in the bad old pre-retirement days.

It's up to 82 already here. I have not run the AC all week because of energy conservation but today may be the day! I have to bake this afternoon for the Church bake sale tomorrow and the Parish BBQ on Sunday - 6 cakes and 6 pies. Sometimes I wish I wasn't such a community oriented chick. My DH thinks I'm nuts but who listens.

I'm at a standstill re weightloss - maybe because I'm retaining water? Football feet and sausage fingers are the first hint. I'm out of diuretic from the doc and he's on vacation so may go for the herbal ones today. I have resisted the ju-jubes but some chocolate covered raisins lept into my maw yesterday, alas. Perhaps I'll be back to my control and enthusiasm when the heat breaks a bit.

Hershey and I are off to Lucy's Obedience Class this morning. Lucy is in heat and I don't want to chance her in a class which includes a couple of male dogs. I don't fancy a Portie/Westie cross! Hersh and I will go just to check out any new tricks. I am definitely NOT going to be an Assistant Instructor this fall and winter, by the way. Life is too short to spend it driving on snowy roads twice a week.

Welcome to the new chicks. It's nice to see so many posts on the Daily.

Have a great day and stay cool. Tomorrow will be better.
Old 08-22-2003, 07:39 AM   #3  
Imagine...

Good Morning!!

Marcie ~ I am praying for good news on your eyes.

So after last nights chocolate melting fiasco I am feeling like a lousy cook today. How hard can it be to melt choc.? Apparently very hard. I am not much of a cook and have never baked. But thanks to Glinda's DH helpfull tip I will try again tonight to melt chocolate and make covered strawberries.

Today I am NOT going to give up on anything, except bad choices!

Have a beachy day!
Old 08-22-2003, 08:58 AM   #4  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Today I am feeling....fit...fiesty...fearless...fantastic! I have managed to stay OP all week! Now that is a major feat! And the best part...no weighing, measuring, counting....just using my "new" commonsense! Between all the good stuff I have been eating and the great exercise I am getting, I SHOULD feel wonderful...and I DO!

Marcie...I sure hope you get a good report at the doc's! What novel did you read? I am an avid reader, always searching for a great book! Your tips are so on point...I want everyone to ENJOY this WOE....and you certainly help lead the way! Thanks!

Ruth-glad to hear you got a good night's sleep. It is going to be hot and muggy here today. The a/c will have to stay on! I have tried sleeping with it off, but when it is 90F that is almost impossible. Do you remember the California Raisin ad campaign of several years ago? Now I have visions of them being chocolate covered and diving into giant mouths! AAAACKKK!

sflake-don't give up on cooking! Melting chocolate sounds a lot easier than it is. But with Glinda's tip you should be all set. I found some stuff in the produce department that is made for dipping fruit...DOLCE Di FRUTTA or something like that. It comes in a little cardboard container that you put right into the microwave. The resulting chocolate coats like a dream and sets up in no time without going in the fridge. I have even taken that and strawberries to work and made them in our little mini-kitchen to "treat" my co-workers...made me very popular on those nights! I saw that someone suggested a bit of butter when you melt the chocolate... or you can use a pinch of shortening (a tsp. or so)...it helps the chocolate set up better and keep its shine. One more tip...make sure your strawberries are completely dry or the chocolate won't stick! Good luck!

Here's wishing you all a wonderful day full of great feelings!
Old 08-22-2003, 09:04 AM   #5  

Off to Texas today and I am looking forward to it!!! Went to the Doc yesterday so he could look at my finger again...he reccomends surgury.....I don't know if I should do that or not...I am not sure I want to deal with it. I need to pack and do some light housekeeping before we go....You beach babes have a good one and Marcie I hope you get a good report. laters....
Old 08-22-2003, 11:36 AM   #6  
Member Florida Chick

Good Morning: Thanks Marcie. I plan to have a happy weekend. It started last night when we had guest for dinner and I served them all the things I could eat too, including dessert, and they never tumbled that they were eating 'diet' food.: That is the great thing about this whole WOE. Hope your trip to the Dr. will be a happy one. I highly recommend books on tape. We have several, and they are great for trips. They will rest your eyes in between reading .

Have a question. In the book, there is a dessert using chocolate cups. Suggests they can be found in Liquor stores. Has anyone found them? The dessert sounds like one that would be great for company.

I love the chocolate strawberries, but I forgot that they needed to be completely dry so my first attempt was a bit rough. But The didn't go to waste. :

Happy days. Ann
Old 08-22-2003, 12:18 PM   #7  

Hello girls:

Franny, I was trying to think of the name of that Dolce di frutta for sflake and couldn't remember it ... my son uses it all the time.

Have fun in Texas Whimsey ... they say everything is bigger and better there (though bigger and better than what I'm not sure)...

I'm not gonna stress eating out Saturday because as Lady Marcie says, I can always go back to Phase I for a week ...

Have a nice day everyone!!!!
Old 08-22-2003, 12:41 PM   #8  
Member Florida Chick

A quick question. I was reading some low carb recipes and one called for Keto crumbs. Anyone ever used them or know what they are or where to find them? Ann
Old 08-22-2003, 01:03 PM   #9  

Good morning all!!

Feeling, okay. I tell you, I almost quit last night. ..was already thinking I should go back to WW. Well, I feel SO much better today. I am sure I can do this!! DAY 5, thank goodness. A few scratches, but unhurt...

Looking forward to the day, thinking of the things I can eat. YES...I have been a bit obsessive, but I am always like this with a new 'venture...lol.

Making it short today, hope everyone has a WONDERFUL WEEKEND. Good luck,

Hugs,
Old 08-22-2003, 01:15 PM   #10  

Angry

Hello ladies
I went shopping yesterday for the diet on Monday gee i spent alot of money oh well.

Fannymae I saw from another post tha you work nights so do I I was wonder when were the times u ate if you don't mind me asking I go to sleep right when I go home so I can get my baby at 2:00 I did't know if i should eat breakfast when I get home
thanks

Last edited by nursebetty; 08-22-2003 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-22-2003, 02:59 PM   #11  

Thumbs down

Hi Beach Babes!
I am feeling very good today, and plan a short(working) weekend.
Staying OP, busy getting the Boys ready for school Mon.
Take Care All! Be Blessed! Lenee...
P.S. Ann, I made my crumbs with low card bread.
Old 08-22-2003, 05:25 PM   #12  

Default Day 5 (Phase 1) YAY!

I've been sneaking a peek daily at the scales. It appears I've lost 3 lbs. after 4 days. YAY!

Yesterday I seemed to be irritable; a difficult day, but I blamed part of it on "carb withdrawal."

I'm doing this with a couple of friends from work, so it's fun to encourage each other!

Have a great weekend!

Tricia
Old 08-22-2003, 05:46 PM   #13  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Whimsey-have great trip to Texas! Hope you can get that finger healed!

Ann-we are having company this weekend and so far I am planning on serving all on plan food...it really shouldn't be hard at all! I've never even looked for the chocolate cups? But they sound yummy! Don't know about keto crumbs, either?

Nikkiloo-have a wonderful, guilt free, dinner tomorrow!

slaminbod-SO glad you didn't quit! You have made it through the toughest part...really! Before you know it this WOE will be second nature and you can stop obsessing and start ENJOYING!

nursebetty- I typically eat a snack when I get up, before I work out. Then I eat my lunch at work at about 1am or so. Then usually another snack at about 4am, especially if I am going to work out on my lunch break. Then sometimes I eat a ricotta desert at 6am or so! I have to eat breakfast (something with protein) before I go to bed or I wake up ravenous in the middle of the day! I don't usually get to sleep before 9:30 or so and sleep until 5pm. I have the kind of job where I can eat whenever I get a chance, so I can plan on having food whenever I like! Most evenings I don't eat a meal before work...just not hungry after working out. If I do eat dinner in the evening then I eat a lighter lunch at work. It has taken some experimentation to figure out what works for me...good luck!

lenee-have a great weekend, even if you do have to work! Enjoy the last weekend of summer with the boys! My baby starts 2nd grade on Tuesday...I'm really not ready for it, even if he it!

Tricia- congrats on your loss this week! The irritability probably IS carb withdrawal...it should pass soon if it hasn't already!

Okay, I need to haul my tukus upstairs and workout. I know I'll enjoy it once I start...or at the very least once I finish!
Old 08-22-2003, 07:20 PM   #14  
In Control: E+R=O

Today I am feeling Thankful ....thankful that I discovered SBD, and thankful that I found this board of wonderful new friends!!

Marcie, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers on Monday! I hope you get good news at your eye appointment.

Ruth....football feet and sausage fingers? I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh at your plight, but I love how you phrase things!!

sflake, I'm not a cook either, so don't feel too bad. Have you ever dropped a Thanksgiving Turkey on the floor as you were taking it out of the oven, and your whole family was waiting to eat? Funny thing....they never asked me to have Thanksgiving at my house again!

franny, congratulations for staying OP all week!! You should be very happy and proud of yourself!

Whimsey, hope you have a great time on your trip to Texas!

Lizzie, I don't know about the chocolate cups either, but the dessert sounds interesting (not to mention yummy!). And I don't know anything about keto crumbs either. I must live a sheltered life....or maybe it's because I'm not a cook!

Nikki, enjoy yourself on Saturday!!!!

slaminbod, glad to see that you're hanging in there! The first week is definitely the hardest....it really will get easier. If you feel like you want to quit, be sure to come here for support, we'll help keep you on track.

nursebetty, Welcome! I know what you mean about spending a lot of money at the grocery store....but we're worth it!!

lenee, good job staying OP!

Lavender Fields, sounds like you're off to a great start! Congratulations on the weight loss!!

Last edited by twodogmom; 08-22-2003 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-22-2003, 09:16 PM   #15  

Good evening all, Rough day at work today but this is my weekend off and we are planning on going into NY for a Renaisanse Faire. The humidity is supposed to disappear tonight so my DH is looking forward to wearing his kilt. He does look kinda cute in it. Food choices are kinda limited. Steak on a stick or turkey legs maybe some fruit salad. You aren't allowed to bring food in. Marcie I hope your eye exam goes well. Ruth how can you do all of that baking without tasting??? I give you much credit. Sflake I see that you are from Woodmont. I am from Devon. Could we possibly be from the same town??? Gotta run. Starting to thunder and my DH wants the puter shut down......Julie
Closed Thread