General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-23-2012, 08:58 AM   #1  

Default Real life soap operas: Post a crazy true story!

1st story: In college, my roommate's long time boyfriend died. One year later, she married his brother because she was pregnant. We found out that before the 1st bf died, she had an abortion. Grief stricken, hooked up with brother, got pregnant, had regrets and guilt about abortion so married the brother. He ended up beating her and they divorced.

So messed up. 20 years later, all is fine.

2nd story: The cutest girl in college ended up dating a guy of another race who was wheel chair bound. Relationship ended because he beat her. I still don't get that one.

3rd story: There's a body builder-type guy with a great job. He once had a 4 year relationship with a fantastic woman. They broke up. He got another gf. The guy has broken up with his girlfriend. Not because she was a stripper and prostitute. Broke up because she's now in jail for meth. Now, he has a new gf. She's also a stripper. 20 years his junior, he's contemplating having a baby with her even though they've only been dating 3 weeks.

I can't believe the things people put themselves through!

Post your crazy story here.
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

My mom left my dad after 33 years and 3 weeks later married a 24 year old man (I'm 27) from North Africa who she has dated online for 3 years and met once for a week. He still lives in Africa.

Ugh.

Last edited by sacha; 05-23-2012 at 09:22 AM.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:32 AM   #3  

Sacha, WTH!? That's gotta be so hurtful. I hope, at the very least, that it's legit and she's not unknowingly involved in some scam.

Prayers for you and your fam!
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

My sister (an avid IV drug user, heroin, Oxy, etc) was in a car accident May 7th. She said she "fell asleep at the wheel." She was ok but my mother's car is totaled (The VW Beetle that she has had since I was in 8th grade - I am almost 27). When I saw my sister that morning (My mom
called me at 3 am so we went over there) she looked high as a kite. Of
course my mother was totally oblivious, but I can spot it from a mile away - her pupils were so dilated that she looked like a cartoon character. The next day, my mom went to check her bank account and noticed that over $900.00 was missing. My sister and I are the only ones who know the PIN to that card... since I didn’t take it,it falls on her. Of course my sister denied it completely and said that someone probably hacked into the Navy Fed account... but no, someone used the ATM card at 3 different machines in the county - with the PIN. Police were looking into it.

Well, my mom called last Friday and told me that my sister confessed to
taking the money after a cop saw her on the surveillance and showed up at my sister's house...
What my mom said next shocked me and will haunt me for the rest of my days. My sister was in the Hospital. She took 40 Ambien and then slit her wrists.

That was last week. Since then she has been released from the hospital. She has had a serious drug problem for years and I cannot take anymore. Her drug use really started when her husband (who was in the Navy) commited suicide. The Navy gave her $600,000. That was 3 years ago. EVERY DIME of that money is gone. Her daughters (who my parents now have custody of) have nothing for their future. All because she made the decision to put that needle in her arm.

Last edited by 170starting; 05-23-2012 at 10:02 AM.
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness4life View Post
Sacha, WTH!? That's gotta be so hurtful. I hope, at the very least, that it's legit and she's not unknowingly involved in some scam.

Prayers for you and your fam!
It's a scam, the government here has already denied his immigration due to that. I wish she knew though, I'd be happier if she knew and was in on it! But no, she is in love
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:16 AM   #6  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, mine isn't a drug induced, beating kind of soap opera, but it's soap opera worthy as doesn't everyone marry everyone eventually in soap operas?

So, my mother in law dated my husband's father for 6 years. They married and three years later they got pregnant with my husband. When she was 9 months pregnant she left - he didn't want the baby and was having an affair.

Skip forward 15 years and my mother in law meets her first husband's brother at the seaside when she and my husband were visiting my husband's grandfather. This brother lived in the US and was visiting Croatia with his two sons (he was divorced). Well, while the three boys had fun and got to know each other. My mother in law and my husband's uncle fell in love - they got married a few months later, she moved to the US with my husband (then 16). She hated it here - she was a psychiatrist, but couldn't practice in the US... and her psychiatrist new husband wasn't as "neato" as she thought. So, in the middle of the night, without telling him, they left to go back to Croatia after 6 months.

However, they never divorced. They got along fine if they weren't living together. They would visit each other and vacation together, but couldn't live together. I think the two shrinks needed to see a shrink! They stayed like that until he died - so for about 15 years.

To make it weirder, over time my MIL became friends with this husband's first wife - and my husband's aunt. As a matter of fact, she's visiting her now in CT for 2 weeks.

So, my husband's cousins are also his step-brothers. These cousins consider my MIL their aunt, but she's also their step-mother, and yes, at family events when this man was still alive was very interesting - first wife, current wife who doesn't live with him, but is also friends with the first wife, the cousins who are also step-brothers and so on... All one big happy family - and not country bumpkins, but well, educated city folk! ALLLLL caused by my MIL... who had three unsuccessful marriages - another soap opera worthy event.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by 170starting View Post
My sister (an avid IV drug user, heroin, Oxy, etc) was in a car accident May 7th. She said she "fell asleep at the wheel." She was ok but my mother's car is totaled (The VW Beetle that she has had since I was in 8th grade - I am almost 27). When I saw my sister that morning (My mom
called me at 3 am so we went over there) she looked high as a kite. Of
course my mother was totally oblivious, but I can spot it from a mile away - her pupils were so dilated that she looked like a cartoon character. The next day, my mom went to check her bank account and noticed that over $900.00 was missing. My sister and I are the only ones who know the PIN to that card... since I didn’t take it,it falls on her. Of course my sister denied it completely and said that someone probably hacked into the Navy Fed account... but no, someone used the ATM card at 3 different machines in the county - with the PIN. Police were looking into it.

Well, my mom called last Friday and told me that my sister confessed to
taking the money after a cop saw her on the surveillance and showed up at my sister's house...
What my mom said next shocked me and will haunt me for the rest of my days. My sister was in the Hospital. She took 40 Ambien and then slit her wrists.

That was last week. Since then she has been released from the hospital. She has had a serious drug problem for years and I cannot take anymore. Her drug use really started when her husband (who was in the Navy) commited suicide. The Navy gave her $600,000. That was 3 years ago. EVERY DIME of that money is gone. Her daughters (who my parents now have custody of) have nothing for their future. All because she made the decision to put that needle in her arm.
I feel your pain. My brother is a drug user. It kills me. My mom finally said that she had enough and is not allowing him in the house anymore.

At one point in time he had a wife, 3 beautiful kids and a wonderful house. Now not so much. She divorced him. He hardly ever sees his kids and that is what hurts me the most. How can he not see his kids.

Anyway I could tell you all some horror stories about my brother and his drug problem. I wont tell them all because that would take up about 50 posts on here.

Story 1: When I was a little girl around 12 or 13 my brother had just began getting into drugs and alcohol. He would find happiness in coming in to my room (After one of his for a lack of a better word binge) and jump up on my bed, wake up me then proceed to try and hit me.

Story 2: Imagine getting a phone call from your brother and him barely being able to speak because he is so high on drugs. We didn't know where he was, who he was with or anything.

My number one fear is that he will die and my family wont know anything about it.
imnotperfect24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/130

Height: 5'9" Age: 19

170starting, I'm so sorry you have to go through that. My best friend's 18 year old brother became an oxy head at 14, and it has since escalated to heroin use, and god knows what else. When we went to school together he used to be so shy and sweet. He's in jail now for various charges and my best friend and I are moving to another city so he can live with us when he gets out (and I have to get a safe because he love to pawn things that aren't his). We don't want him living with his mother because she gives him money all the time! The worst part of it all is that he has a baby on the way, and the mother has a restraining order against him because of his rage. Has your sister ever tried to seek help?
Ramra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:38 AM   #9  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotperfect24 View Post
I feel your pain. My brother is a drug user. It kills me. My mom finally said that she had enough and is not allowing him in the house anymore.

At one point in time he had a wife, 3 beautiful kids and a wonderful house. Now not so much. She divorced him. He hardly ever sees his kids and that is what hurts me the most. How can he not see his kids.

Anyway I could tell you all some horror stories about my brother and his drug problem. I wont tell them all because that would take up about 50 posts on here.

Story 1: When I was a little girl around 12 or 13 my brother had just began getting into drugs and alcohol. He would find happiness in coming in to my room (After one of his for a lack of a better word binge) and jump up on my bed, wake up me then proceed to try and hit me.

Story 2: Imagine getting a phone call from your brother and him barely being able to speak because he is so high on drugs. We didn't know where he was, who he was with or anything.

My number one fear is that he will die and my family wont know anything about it.
We have that same fear. I am sorry you have a similar experience. It is so hard and every day seems to be a battle for both her and us. I am at my wits end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramra View Post
170starting, I'm so sorry you have to go through that. My best friend's 18 year old brother became an oxy head at 14, and it has since escalated to heroin use, and god knows what else. When we went to school together he used to be so shy and sweet. He's in jail now for various charges and my best friend and I are moving to another city so he can live with us when he gets out (and I have to get a safe because he love to pawn things that aren't his). We don't want him living with his mother because she gives him money all the time! The worst part of it all is that he has a baby on the way, and the mother has a restraining order against him because of his rage. Has your sister ever tried to seek help?
My sister has been to 3 rehabs in the past 12 months... all out of state so she wouldnt gain further "connections." Nothing helps. My youngest brother (he is 31) is in a federal prison for drug trafficking... one of the biggest in FL history. He got 16 years. I wont see my brother for 16 years. He also had an addiction to pills. I dont know how it all happened. We grew up in a military-zero-tolerance family ...
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/130

Height: 5'9" Age: 19

That's terrible. I want to send L. to 'Holmes House' in Simcoe for rehab, since it worked out well for my ex boyfriend. But from what I understand, they look into the big drug addiction picture, and don't give individuals personal counseling for the problems that got them there in the first place. Has your sister been any where that provides that kind of attention? I would be willing to put my money there for him, I just worry it's futile. I'm so sorry about your brother, too.
Ramra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/150

You cant send a person with drug addiction to rehab.. it wont work. they have to 'WANT' to change. If not they will just go right back to what they were doing before. I've been at this for about 13 years.
imnotperfect24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:43 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 211/194/140

Height: 5'4"

Well, here goes...
When I was 17 I hooked up with a drug-addict high school dropout because he was sweet to me. Got pregnant just before graduation and got married that summer. When I was seven months preggo he decides to empty my bank account and have a little fling with someone I had considered a friend. She ended up pregnant around that time, and she already had four kids. I got my divorce pushed through a little more than a year after we got married (October 31, never will forget that happy day). Being the idiot that I am, we got together off and on for the next six months or so. I was also dating someone else at the time, who knew all of this and still loved me (bless his soul). Then he started again with the drugs and holed up with his new girlfriend who also has four children of her own.
I married the man that I started dating right after my ex husband left me, again. Now I have two beautiful sons and try to maintain my sanity and contain my rebellious nature. So far, no more disasters but you never know! We fight about my ex boyfriend once every six months or so because I still have feelings for him and there is a strict no contact rule imposed. So there's that forbidden fruit kind of thing. Anyway, my life is a soap opera, I just go with it and hope there's an intermission soon.
Raven132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:50 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 151/145/125

Height: 5'6

Raven, that is seriously messed up. Why would you want some guy who treats you so bad?
nina125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:41 PM   #14  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

SUBSTANCE ABUSE SOAP OPERA:

my sister has struggled with alcohol abuse since she was a teenager...she also struggles with undiagnosed mental health problems...the closest diagnosis that i've come across from reading is OCD and also borderline personality disorder

when she was 16 she faked a 7-month pregnancy and i'm still not even sure why(?)...she refused to go to a doctor, she hid her body with baggy clothes etc...i MADE her see a doctor once and she refused to walk in the room and talk to him...eventually her "pregnancy ended" with a miscarriage at 7 months and the next day she could wear form-fitting clothes again *rolls eyes*

when she was 16 she stole my friend's expensive leather jacket and hid it in her luggage when she came to visit me...she lied up and down about it to the point where i actually believed her, or rather believed that she believed what she was telling me....i had my bf take her to do something, i searched her luggage and found it, i hid it until she left town, and then gave it back to our mutual friend...and she never once mentioned again what happened, not even "why'd you go through my suitcase?"

worst one was a year ago or so, when she was living alone and drinking constantly...her bf, who is 20 years older than her, was currently in jail again on drinking charges, he's a felon anyhow...so she drank straight through for three days and her neighbor called me...my sister was incoherent on the phone and could barely stay conscious...i called the paramedics to check on her and gave them her address...i called her back and kept her on the phone talking and breathing until they arrived...the police later said that if i hadnt done that, she would have passed out and never woken up...im still shaken up by that...they said her blood alcohol level was 0.44 which is toxic to most ppl
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #15  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

CRAZY COWORKER SOAP OPERA:

i worked for a newspaper a long time ago...the parent company hired a new managing editor to come to town and work with us...he came to town with his gf and her teenage son...they had no place to stay and refused to find one...they all lived IN the newspaper office, sleeping in the back editor's office and washing their clothes etc in the tiny bathroom shared by everyone else who worked in the office building (it was a big building that houses various businesses)

they both drank alot...one night they got in a fight IN (yes IN) the office that we worked in...the gf picked up my phone and smashed it over his head...yes, i came to work the next day and my phone was broken to bits...he also put lit cigarettes on my advertising lady's desk and ruined alot of her work that night

we argued alot over what standards to uphold in terms of professional reporting and news coverage...he tried to have me fired multiple times by complaining to the upper management in another city but i had worked there for 6 years and he'd worked there for 1 month so they didnt listen to him

one morning he was so hungover that he rode in the back of his truck while his gf drove her son to school...which he then leaned out of and threw up all over the parking lot...none of this was good for my newspaper's reputation in a very small town *sigh*

he decided he didnt like working there and instead of resigning, he packed his bags in the middle of the night, wrote one more email to head management to try and get me fired, and had the editor of our competing newspaper drive him to the ferry terminal, where he promptly left town under cover of darkness

i knew he was planning to leave (we shared a work email account, did he NOT think i wouldn't see the emails??) so i came to work on the weekend, knowing he was gone, in order to let head management know that i was on the job, finishing that edition, with no disruption to our news coverage

i took over as managing editor for quite awhile after that and only resigned when i moved out of town
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote