South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-23-2012, 09:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Default Phase 2 - Anyone tried HiCarb/LowCarb cycling?

I lost 5 lbs on a very clean Phase 1. Started Phase 2 by only adding in fruit, but my weight seems to be stuck. Don't know if it's because I've added in activity, or what. Anyway, I've been doing some reading about Carb cycling, and am going to try it within the bounds of the Phase 2 plan.

Has anyone tried it? How successful or unsuccessful was it? I'm mid-50s and hypo-thyroid, so it's taking a LOT to budge this weight! I have 30 more lbs to lose.

Looking for advice on what has worked for all of you beachers out there!
CatMat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/183.2/150

Height: 5'5"

I haven't tried carb cycling, but I found the same problem when I transitioned to phase 2. What I ended up doing was adding in whole grains and stopping the friut, that seemed to get things going for me again. Good luck.
Mysh RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

I am not sure what carb cycling is. But I was stuck for almost 2 weeks on P2, no loss or gain. I stuck with it and am seeing about a pound a week. I found a fruit in the morning (usuall strawberries) with a good cereal (whole grain, high fiber, high protein, low sugar) and a late day fruit (apple) with low fat string cheese is a good combo for me. Every other day I add a grain at lunch (1/2 Joseph's flax seed oat fiber wrap). Fruit doesn't seem to be an issue for me, but if I eat more than two grains a day I crave grains, and not the good ones.

Also, on days when I work out with a high intensity I know I need to increase my protein afterwards. Otherwise I find myself really hungry and not imaginary hunger.

P1 was actually easier for me, but with a little tweaking I seemed to find what works for me and you will too.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote