View Poll Results: What would be your luxury item if you were a Survivor?
Hair Brush 0 0%
Shampoo 0 0%
Tooth Brush 7 38.89%
Board Game 2 11.11%
Book 0 0%
Blanket 4 22.22%
Other 5 27.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2001, 08:59 AM   #1  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I hope no one minds if I start a thread this morning!

(hugs)

Angie
Old 04-20-2001, 09:07 AM   #2  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I just can't imagine not being able to brush my teeth for SO long!!!

BOO HOO on loosing Rodger. He was AWESOME. My two favorites were Rodger and Elisabeth. I was SO sure that Keith was gone...but I should have know. They always make you believe it is one person, and then it turns out to be someone else. I SO hope that Elisabeth wins the next coule of immunity challanges. ALthough it probably isn't going to happen.

My oldest daughter is having her 2 bottom middle teeth pulled out today. She never developed permanent teeth there so they are hoping that if they pull the teeth then the middle ones will slowly come into the middle and fill the gap./ Wish her luck, she is pretty scared.

PIZZA./....It must have been the talk about pizza yesterday ....We ordered in last night. I cave at pizza. ALthough still did better then I would have pre WW. I ate 2 peices with LIGHT cheese and ALL veggies NO meat. So hey, small steps.

Have a gerat OP day!

(hugs)

Angie
Old 04-20-2001, 09:12 AM   #3  
Scotland's finest export

Default just a quickie!

i've never seen survivor (it might be coming to the UK later this year). but if i had to survive on a desert island i'd need loads of sunscreen. i reckon toilet paper would come in quite handy too. oh, and perhaps a house with hot and cold running water, electricity, tv, fridge etcetc!!

more later. v busy at work.
Old 04-20-2001, 09:25 AM   #4  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default YAHHH!!!! FRIDAY!!!!

Hello all.

Well, boss is cracking down on internet use. I must not be the only one. So I will have to get here a little early to post in the morning (but that did not happen today) and then post at lunch. You would think I could use the brand new huge screen, very fast computer I have at home but my hubby has had the keyboard surgically attached to is fingers...so no luck for me.

Well, I go weigh in tomorrow. It will not be pretty. It has been two weeks but it have been two bad weeks. Brenda, I seem to have lost my motivation too. But...it is a new week, the weather is good and I have broken my Diet Dr Pepper habbit and I am drinking water. So that it good. I am going to have to change my gym time from 6am to night as I have not been for two weeks. It seems that I would rather cuddle with hubby then go to gym. He would rather I cuddle too, so he is no help getting me out the door. Oh well, I will need to start using the weight machines as my weight lifting class is only offered in teh morning.

Angie: I know your little girl's teeth issue will work out ok. I had some teeth pulled when I was about her age and it is not so bad.

Oh, and I also gave into the pizza monster...after I had eaten dinner. Then I had 4 small pieces (those triangle corner things) and then some left over easter candy. So I ended up way over points. Sometimes I get in these moods where I feel like I look ok and hubby is happy, so why kill myself. But then the next morning happens and nothing fits and I hate the extra weight. BLAH!

On the BJ article...the one thing that really makes me mad is when they said "she had to spend 9mo (or something) overweight." But she was not overweight, just heavyer then normal. Bad message to send I think.

Oh, it was so much fun to hear of everyones wedding cakes and grooms cakes. Our grooms cake was a hoot. My hubby LOVES Ding Dongs. So he said he wanted a pyramid of ding dongs. So I did it. He was so surprised (so was my mom). My cousin made it... this tall pyramid on a beautiful old silver tray with flowers tucked in. When it came time to cut the cake, my hubby fed me a ding dong not a piece of cake. It was very funny and so him. We also have a picture of another cousin of mine who was 4 at the time. She is standing right next to the ding dongs like she is in heaven. So cute.

Ok, I need to get going. Hello to eveyone and I will post from home computer at lunch.

Trish
Old 04-20-2001, 09:59 AM   #5  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Here I am... and TGIF! I did manage to rush home before the rain and went for a walk. Hubby joined me, so we bundled Emma in the stroller, grabbed the dog and walked. Funny thing is Sadie in not used to the stroller and kept stepping in front of it, then boom! She learned after about 3 hits tho! Emma fell asleep and it was sooo cute.

Tomorrow is WI... Aggggghhhh, I have TOM and feel really bloated. I don't want a gain, I can't deal with a gain... please oh please!!!

Trish.... so sorry about the internet police!!!! My hubby used to be a computer hog, but he is a computer programmer, so now he gets sick of the computer really quick (computer burnout)!!! Lucky for me!

Kirsty... don't we wish that we could pack up a house and take it with!!!

Angie.. I was sad to see Rodger go. I also loved Rodger and Elizabeth! I cried when they chatted with thier families.... it was so sweet!

Well, Better skidaddle... Another interviewer is coming in (i hate doing this!) and then a meeting with a sales guy who is not doing his job well (that one could take a while)... guess I am busy today.
Old 04-20-2001, 10:02 AM   #6  

Default I voted other!

I voted other-I would never be on a show like survivor...I'm not an addict i guess...
Did ok yesterday-poorly at lunch but I made up for it at dinner and wound up within my points for the day-Whoo hoo!
Angie-I didn't mean to sound like a know it all or anything yesterday-I just worry, that's all...I'm sure your doctor knows whats best! Good luck!

Everyone else-hello-I'm playing hookey again today-it's nice when you can...i'll miss this next month.

Gotta go before the connection times out!:0 lori
Old 04-20-2001, 10:03 AM   #7  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default TGIF!!!

Just a quick post...
Trish: If we were to do that "ding dong" idea, it would have to be Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies. Brett eats at least two every day!!

Hey to everyone, my boss is going on vacation next week so I have to get a bunch of loans approved for closing before she goes home today. Don't know if I'll be back.
Have a great weekend!!!!
Old 04-20-2001, 10:05 AM   #8  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Well, yesterday turned out okay - even after "Attack of the Killer Buffalo Fingers." I had my 7 point dinner - mahi mahi, black beans and rice, and a salad... so I was 1 point under my max at the end of the day. All was not lost!

Tonight I going out to dinner with a friend from college. So, I had a 2 point breakfast and I brought a 5 point lunch. That gives me 20 for dinner... but I'd like to eat my min today - so I'm going to shoot for a 15 point dinner.

Angie, I like Rodger and Elizabeth too. They are such great people it seems. But I really want Colby to win. What a hottie. And he seems like a nice person with a good heart. I'd like to see either him or Elizabeth win.

Kirsty - the Survivors get sunscreen - they don't have to use it as their luxery item. But I agree with you on the TP!!!

Trish - that ding dong story is funny. I bet the picture of your little cousin is so cute!

Brenda - don't get so down. You are doing amazing. I can't imagine anyone can follow the program religously until they reach goal. It's just not realistic. Last week for me was really bad. And I was about to get pretty down on myself... but it's one week, or two weeks in the grand scheme of things. We'll fall in and out of motivation often I'm sure. You've done so great - you should be proud!!!! So now that the Av's aren't playing, I'm bored. Go Oilers is all I have to say!

Okay ladies, have a HAPPY FRIDAY! I'll check in later!

Lisa
Old 04-20-2001, 10:08 AM   #9  
Fudgesicle Freak!!

Default Good Morning Ladies

I picked other on the poll, I would definatley need a toothbrush BUT I think that they provide them with that. No one brought a TB and yet Colby's beautiful teeth a VERY white????? My Other item woud be baby wipes, for several reasons, the most important being I WOULD SO NOT wipe with leaves plus it would kinda be a shower in a box!!!!I think that Keith was going to get the boot but Colby realized at the last minute that if he ends up against Rodger or Elisabeth he will lose Oh Well!!
I have not yet caught up on yesterdays "smoking" board, Wow it was busy yesterday!! WI went well on Wed, I am down 1.4 so I got my 25# magnet I think I got back some of the motivation I had lost!! I stuck to program all last week and so far so good this week, I have a Stag and Doe on Saturday so that might be a bit of an issue?!?! I have to go ow, they started monitering our "online" time???? Hope everyone has a great weekend and all the people who have Sat WI Good Luck

Cheers,
Steph
Old 04-20-2001, 10:12 AM   #10  
Eve's Mom

Default Just shoot me.

Can't believe my bad luck.

Went tob/f's house, which was fine, and went to pick up the tix for the play we were going to,
just me and him and he told me he was offered a job in Vancouver for $60.000. So, that is the
$ he wanted, he will take it of course. THey said its delayed until August adn he said he'd take it
if it were in September so he could get his pension and they said they'd get right back to him but
that shouldln't be a problem. I was silent. First my best friend, now b/f too. ANd he said,
well, Vancouver isn't that far. And I said it is if you are in a relationship. He said, yeah, I guess.

Then that was it, I was quiet all night. After the play he asked if he could come to my house to sleep. Isaid
okay. Then he told me that he misses sleeping with me, even when its just one night, and that he'd miss me next week. I said, yes, I miss him too. And I know, I know he is going to go.

I guess it could be several different scenarios, I could stay til the end of my contract here and
look for work in Vancouver and move in February. Only 6 months apart then. Or he could just call it off, which ismost likely. I don't know.
All I know is I love him, and I don't want to lose him. and I have a pretty good idea that I will. just like what happened to his ex, he left for a job. WEll, of course there were other reasons....but he used thejob as an excuse as well.

I guess bad things coem in threes, I hope this is three!!!

I gotta get some work done....hope you all have a good OP day and weekend if I don't get back to reply.

Belle
Old 04-20-2001, 10:30 AM   #11  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default I am not suposed to be on line

But Belle: I jus thad to say not to worry yet about the realationship. My hubby and I dated long distance...we were 6 hours apart adn saw each other every other weekend. It was ok...we just had huge phone bills )biut some very interresting conversations) and the together time was so special.

Anyway, it could work out.

Hello to eveyone else. Will post more at lunch.
Old 04-20-2001, 10:56 AM   #12  
Parrothead

Default A Deck of Cards!

I think I would take a deck of cards becasue you can get a lot of games out of them. But, I really like the Baby Wipes idea from Steph. Thats a great idea.

I've gotta make this short today...
Lisa ~ glad your day ended up good! I'm sure tonight will be fine.

Angie ~ I think that Pizza is a weakness for a lot of us! I made some the other night with the turkey peperoni and light cheese. It was awesome. You sound like you handled the situation well.

Trish ~ I think its great that you are getting back into the swing of things. I look at WW like anything else, we need a vacation once in a while. Don't fret too much about WI. You can always catch up! I loved the Ding Dong idea. That is too fun! My DH is weird in that he doesn't have much of a sweet tooth. He does love sherbert though.

Lori ~ I agree that I don't think I would ever go on that show. I do want to be on the mole. That show seems like a fun game to play. Survivor is just too rugged for me. I couldn't handle the bugs.

Well I'm off! Hello to all I missed!

Kay
Old 04-20-2001, 11:48 AM   #13  

Good Morning!

Belle- I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. It all seems quite desperate now but I'm sure there's a way to work it out if both parties are so inclined. Long-distance relationships have a well-deserved reputation for difficulty but we all know a couple who managed to make it work. Perhaps you two are one of them. Don't despair, there's still time to feel it out.

So I'm two days OP, everything's going fine, no major nosedives off the wagon. This morning at 2 am I couldn't sleep so I had a fruit popsicle and perused the WW boards which I found totally confusing. I have an exam today and slept very little so I'm jittery and anxious. I'm perfectly comfortable with not aceing the test but I just want the anticipation to be over. It's my last quarter of college and frankly, I don't really care.

Belle, one last thing. Later this year I'm going to work on a cruise liner that sails around the world in 13 weeks. There are telephones and email on the ship but they run about $12 a minute. We cand send and receive mail in port, of which there are ten, but the mail we send may not reach the U.S until after our return. I'm leaving behind my utterly darling boyfriend whom I may not share a spoken word with for the length of my trip. So, I feel your dilemma. It sucks.

Anyone up for giving me a crash course on theories of International Relations? I have 45 minutes to smoosh it all in my wee brain. Any takers? No? Me either.

Have a marvelous one.

slinko
Old 04-20-2001, 01:31 PM   #14  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default My item was a blanket...

I can be stinky, but I can't be cold!! That's the worst for me. I really thought Keith would be gone and part of me thinks the proposal was a set up, just a ploy for attention, but who knows. If I were his girlfriend, I would've killed him! Talk about pressure!! I wonder if they would've edited it if she said "no"

Belle: That sucks!! But, I wouldn't go to Vancouver just yet. Maybe if you guys date long distance for awhile and then things really work out, you could move. BUt, don't decide anything just yet. Also, let it be his idea (about you going to Vancouver) Make him want you!!

Hi to everyone, I must get back to work. Have a wonderful weekend~~~~
Old 04-20-2001, 01:47 PM   #15  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Belle... I dated my now hubby long distance... after only dating 2 months. He went back to college for 2 semesters. It was hard at first, but we managed to see each other most weekends. We had a lot of problems at first... part including an ex, but not in the same sense as your ex problem. Anyhooo, if we made it long distance, we knew it would work. I agree with Trish... High phone bills... and lots of emails!! Don't make plans to move yet, because if the long distance doesn't work, then you know it wasn't ment to be!!!! Give it a chance!
Closed Thread